Opus III today. This one is good for times like now when the transition between seasons is on. right now we are not quite out of summer, not quite into autumn, and this is a nice balance of flowers, spices and resins that straddles that divide nicely.
I also went mad at my local perfumery today, which was having its annual sale. I had a nice old chat to the owner at a quiet time, and she kept opening cupboards and bringing out stuff, as well as the bargains already on the shelves. So here's what I got (FB unless otherwise noted):
- Annick Goutal Mandragore Poupre
- Annick Goutal Grand Amour
- Mona di Orio Nombres d'Or sample box of 8 5ml roll-ons
- Mona di Orio Violette Fumee manufacturer's sample (free)
- Mona di Orio Oud manufacturer's sample (free)
- Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
- Miller Harris Terre de Buis
- Olfactive Studio Parfums Inspires set of 6 4 ml minis.
- Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
- Acqua di Palma Colonia Assoluta tester - about 90% full
- Acqua di Palma Barbiere shaving cream
- Aesop SPF 50 protective spray
- Aesop lip balm
- Acqua Kappa nail brush
After all that, I dropped by an op shop. I usually root around the little baskets of travel sizes they have in those shops, to see if there's anything useful for when I am travelling. In the one basket, I found
- 5 40ml tubes of Etro conditioner
- 50ml bottle of Le Labo Tubereuse moisturiser
- 40ml bottle of Roger et Gallett Bois d'ORange shampoo
- 40ml bottle of Roger et Gallett Bois d'ORange conditioner
- 12ml Eau de Rochas moisturiser
- 15ml Payot Homme after shave balm
So, all in all, a good morning at the shops.