or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 1227

post #18391 of 21239
Today: Satori Yoru no Ume.
post #18392 of 21239
Incense Extreme, again. Not merely because I like it (I do) but also because I am away from home and only have 3 fragrances with me, which I am rotating. IE, Umbra and Eau de Gloire.
post #18393 of 21239
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I need more fragrances, I bounce too much between Tobacco Vanille, Tonka Imperiale, and GIT.



Any fresh scent recommendations for the Florida heat, (EDP preferred) that have good longevity?

 

Howz about Geranium Pour Monsieur? Eau de Glore is also EdP concentratin, although listed as an EdT. Both would be nice in warm weather.
post #18394 of 21239
Quote:
Originally Posted by James1051 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I need more fragrances, I bounce too much between Tobacco Vanille, Tonka Imperiale, and GIT.



Any fresh scent recommendations for the Florida heat, (EDP preferred) that have good longevity?

 

Howz about Geranium Pour Monsieur? Eau de Glore is also EdP concentratin, although listed as an EdT. Both would be nice in warm weather.
Thank you.

Will have to check those out.
post #18395 of 21239
This evening: Comme des Garcons 2 Man.
post #18396 of 21239
Any fans of this? I wouldn't have suspected I'd want to smell like rose petals, but this is really appealing to me.

post #18397 of 21239
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Any fans of this? I wouldn't have suspected I'd want to smell like rose petals, but this is really appealing to me.

I am definitely a fan of that. It's a very pleasant spicy, peppery, woody rose.
post #18398 of 21239
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Any fans of this? I wouldn't have suspected I'd want to smell like rose petals, but this is really appealing to me.

I am definitely a fan of that. It's a very pleasant spicy, peppery, woody rose.

You know, I don't think I have ever smelled this flanker. I like Declaration a lot.
post #18399 of 21239
Today: Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree for a rainy-ass day where I have to be in the office. Two sprays of this stuff is more than enough - powerful and long-lasting, and will forever be a part of my wardrobe.
post #18400 of 21239
Horns, Do you prefer it to the Not Concentree?
post #18401 of 21239
For me today is PdE Muscs Tonkin.
Surprisingly, I like it. It's animalic, but has no sharp edges. Musk+iris+cedar is what I get. Nice for a cold crappy day.
post #18402 of 21239
Puredistance Opardu for me today. This is an absolutely magnificent floral, at minimum on a par with Amouage Fate Woman. (I pick that as a comparison because both are modern-smelling, niche, high-quality florals.) The dominant floral notes are the white florals--gardenia and tuberose--but there's also a prominent lilac. Although this is not mentioned on the notes I've seen at Fragrantica, I am certain this has musk ketone (the very same musk that's featured in PdE Musc Tonkin, as it happens). It's blended beautifully. I only wish this weren't quite so expensive.
post #18403 of 21239
Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa
post #18404 of 21239
Dior Homme Intense for a date tonight.
post #18405 of 21239
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Puredistance Opardu for me today. This is an absolutely magnificent floral, at minimum on a par with Amouage Fate Woman. (I pick that as a comparison because both are modern-smelling, niche, high-quality florals.) The dominant floral notes are the white florals--gardenia and tuberose--but there's also a prominent lilac. Although this is not mentioned on the notes I've seen at Fragrantica, I am certain this has musk ketone (the very same musk that's featured in PdE Musc Tonkin, as it happens). It's blended beautifully. I only wish this weren't quite so expensive.
Sounds awesome! Must try.
My SOTE is Profumum Fumidus. Another I expected to dislike, Fumidus turns out to be weird but likable. It's an ashtray sent--cig tobacco, ash, some wood and a nutty floral mixed in as counterpoint. At least, that's what I smell.

Edit 24 hrs later: My notes above omit reference to vetiver, which is the dominant note here after 3 or 4 hours. Smoky vetiver. And that is what it is, a la Sycomore, for another 24 hrs.
Edited by James1051 - 2/9/14 at 12:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread