or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 1220

post #18286 of 20755
I have switched into MDCI Rose de Siwa for the eveningtime hours.
post #18287 of 20755
I know that this is not a fragrance per se, but L'Occitane Baux deodorant is quite possibly the best-smelling deodorant I have come across.
post #18288 of 20755
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

I know that this is not a fragrance per se, but L'Occitane Baux deodorant is quite possibly the best-smelling deodorant I have come across.

As you probably know, it is based on L'Occitane's very popular Eau des Baux fragrance.
post #18289 of 20755
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

As you probably know, it is based on L'Occitane's very popular Eau des Baux fragrance.

I actually had no idea before I got this. After looking it up (because of how impressed I was) I found that out. I have had very little experience with L'Occitane outside of what my mother buys for herself.
post #18290 of 20755
Today: Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree.
post #18291 of 20755
Violet Blonde by Tom Ford today.

What do you all think of litchi? I wore Rose de Siwa last night, and I had the experience I always have, which is mild disappointment. It's such an expensive scent, but it smells cheap to me. And I realized it's because I always associate litchi with cheapness. Because it has a wet and sweet smell, I associate it with girl fragrances in bright pink bottles that you find at TJ Maxx. I find that i like litchi if it's buried in the mix, but if it's too prominent I don't like it.
post #18292 of 20755

Comme des Garcons x Monocle Sugi. I like this but the longevity/sillage is weak. Not full bottle worthy but rather nice while it is around.

post #18293 of 20755
Quote:
Originally Posted by STATcurse View Post

Comme des Garcons x Monocle Sugi. I like this but the longevity/sillage is weak. Not full bottle worthy but rather nice while it is around.

Yeah, I was underwhelmed by this one.
post #18294 of 20755
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Violet Blonde by Tom Ford today.

What do you all think of litchi? I wore Rose de Siwa last night, and I had the experience I always have, which is mild disappointment. It's such an expensive scent, but it smells cheap to me. And I realized it's because I always associate litchi with cheapness. Because it has a wet and sweet smell, I associate it with girl fragrances in bright pink bottles that you find at TJ Maxx. I find that i like litchi if it's buried in the mix, but if it's too prominent I don't like it.

I'm not a fan of tropical fruit scents because they are cheap smelling. As for fruit in general, I like the berry in Tuscan Leather and Portrait of a Lady but that's it.

And fuck Aventus.
post #18295 of 20755
Silver Musk
post #18296 of 20755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post


And fuck Aventus.

This is a scentiment that I am seeing more and more arouind the place. Looks like the fad is waning.
post #18297 of 20755

Today at work I wore Eau d'Italie Bois d'Ombrie. Its a nice work scent. Not sure if its much more than that. Going to wear it again tomorrow.

 

SOTE: Bois d'Ascese. A dry woods and smoke scent. Not bad at all, but Slumberhouse Jeke works the same terrain more effectively, for my money.

post #18298 of 20755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post


Wore some Le Labo Neroli 36 the other day. Juicy, fruity, fresh water. Serious tenacity on this one, like nuclear.
 

I've done a 180 on neroli scents. Started out avoiding them. But now I've decided I rather like them as a group. Is Neroli 36 one of the better ones?

post #18299 of 20755
Quote:
Originally Posted by James1051 View Post

I've done a 180 on neroli scents. Started out avoiding them. But now I've decided I rather like them as a group. Is Neroli 36 one of the better ones?

I'm wearing Neroli 36 for my SOTE. As is the case with many Le Labo's, the name is a little bit misleading. If I were naming it, I'd name it Calone 36. I don't know if you've ever smelled Calone by itself, but if you have, you'll recognize it right front and center in this one. There's also something metallic in there. As floral notes go, my nose picks out jasmine most prominently. I feel like I get a little bit of ambergris, but that's not in the notes I've seen anywhere online.

What I'm about to say might steer some of you away from this, but the marine/metallic/floral accord really reminds me of Sécretions Magnifiques. It's not nearly as extreme, but I can't imagine anyone who's smelled both not recognizing the resemblance.
post #18300 of 20755

Back in the southern hemisphere today. SOTD Trefle Pur- the green green grass of home.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread