or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 1204

post #18046 of 19988
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Today, bought a bottle of Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur.

Coincidentally, Heeley CPF is my SOTD. I really like it a lot, and think it will be a go-to scent for me this spring. But it is a tease--so beautiful, but always just out of reach. From the moment I put it on, I have alternated between swooning for the scent…and wishing it projected just a tad more.  Oh well, it will be great for work.

 

Now, to find a sale on CPF! tis a bit pricey...

post #18047 of 19988
Quote:
Originally Posted by James1051 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Today, bought a bottle of Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur.
Coincidentally, Heeley CPF is my SOTD. I really like it a lot, and think it will be a go-to scent for me this spring. But it is a tease--so beautiful, but always just out of reach. From the moment I put it on, I have alternated between swooning for the scent…and wishing it projected just a tad more.  Oh well, it will be great for work.

Now, to find a sale on CPF! tis a bit pricey...

Well, it's $180 for 100 mL of juice, and for comparison Serge Lutens at retail are the same price for 50 mL.
post #18048 of 19988
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post


Well, it's $180 for 100 mL of juice, and for comparison Serge Lutens at retail are the same price for 50 mL.

good point.

post #18049 of 19988
Today: Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur.
post #18050 of 19988
Rose Nacree du Desert. I don't keep any kind of list rank ordering my favorite scents, but I'm pretty sure this would be near the top if I did.
post #18051 of 19988

Scent of the Evening:  Habit Rouge EdCologne vintage. Whoa!:slayer:

post #18052 of 19988
Tonight: Lavender Palm.
post #18053 of 19988

Today, bandit edp.

post #18054 of 19988
Quote:
Originally Posted by James1051 View Post

Today, bandit edp.

Nice. Do you have a bottle or sample?

I've only smelled Bandit twice, on paper, and did not like it the first time but revisited it this past November and liked it. Considering that leather is one of my favorites and take up a relatively large percentage of my collection I'd like to try it a few times on my skin.

Today, speaking of leather: Cuir Pleine Fleur. I'm getting honey with an integrated beeswax along with a super-dry cumin note. The cumin is reminding me of toasting cumin in a cast iron skillet over an open campfire, getting ready to put it into a pot of chile con carne.
post #18055 of 19988
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post


Nice. Do you have a bottle or sample?

I've only smelled Bandit twice, on paper, and did not like it the first time but revisited it this past November and liked it. Considering that leather is one of my favorites and take up a relatively large percentage of my collection I'd like to try it a few times on my skin.

Today, speaking of leather: Cuir Pleine Fleur. I'm getting honey with an integrated beeswax along with a super-dry cumin note. The cumin is reminding me of toasting cumin in a cast iron skillet over an open campfire, getting ready to put it into a pot of chile con carne.

Its a 5mL decant. This is second wearing for me, really like it, and will buy a FB.  I get a highly animalic leather to start, horsey leather, followed later by tar-y and petrol notes. I can see where this might be polarizing--don't think my wife likes it much, for example--but for me, its terrific. 

 

There is a good review on BN talking about the differences between the current parfum, current EdP, and couple of different vintage EdTs. The current formulations are readily available, as is the more recent vintage EdT. Have not found the older original EdT, but eh, if I found it I probably couldn't afford it anyway.  The EdP is the one I will buy.

 

Edit: anyone tried the parfum? review says it features a prominent rose note, which the EdT and EdP seem to lack. That might be really interesting. 

 

About Cuir Pleine Fleur, I didn't notice any beeswax, but I did notice that it is a multifaceted fragrance, and so am not surprised that sharper noses than mine are detecting additional notes. Btw, its surprisingly long-lasting. I wore it all day Sunday and woke up Monday morning with the CPF still projecting in its modest way.

post #18056 of 19988
Quote:
Originally Posted by James1051 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Nice. Do you have a bottle or sample?


I've only smelled Bandit twice, on paper, and did not like it the first time but revisited it this past November and liked it. Considering that leather is one of my favorites and take up a relatively large percentage of my collection I'd like to try it a few times on my skin.


Today, speaking of leather: Cuir Pleine Fleur. I'm getting honey with an integrated beeswax along with a super-dry cumin note. The cumin is reminding me of toasting cumin in a cast iron skillet over an open campfire, getting ready to put it into a pot of chile con carne.
Its a 5mL decant. This is second wearing for me, really like it, and will buy a FB.  I get a highly animalic leather to start, horsey leather, followed later by tar-y and petrol notes. I can see where this might be polarizing--don't think my wife likes it much, for example--but for me, its terrific. 

There is a good review on BN talking about the differences between the current parfum, current EdP, and couple of different vintage EdTs. The current formulations are readily available, as is the more recent vintage EdT. Have not found the older original EdT, but eh, if I found it I probably couldn't afford it anyway.  The EdP is the one I will buy.

Edit: anyone tried the parfum? review says it features a prominent rose note, which the EdT and EdP seem to lack. That might be really interesting. 

About Cuir Pleine Fleur, I didn't notice any beeswax, but I did notice that it is a multifaceted fragrance, and so am not surprised that sharper noses than mine are detecting additional notes. Btw, its surprisingly long-lasting. I wore it all day Sunday and woke up Monday morning with the CPF still projecting in its modest way.

That's the thing about great fragrances is that they will show you something different potentially each time you wear it - you're not looking for it, but it just pops up into your consciousness.

I'd love to try Bandit parfum.
post #18057 of 19988
Speaking of great fragrances, I am wearing Bois des Iles.
post #18058 of 19988

Scent of the New Year's Eve:  L'Artisan Iris Pallida.

 

See you guys next year.

post #18059 of 19988
Last night for New Year Eve: Nirmal by Laboratorio Olfattivo.
post #18060 of 19988

Rolling oldschool with some YSL M7

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread