or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 1141

post #17101 of 20744
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post



Today: Balenciaga Pour Homme.
Damn, this thing is a beast! The über-patchouli opening is quite loud and aggressive, but it dries down to a gorgeous, classy and wonderfully balanced ambery, spicy brew. This is quickly becoming a favorite (though I'm still too much of a wuss to wear it to work—I'm certain it would be pretty polarizing...)

Does anyone else have any experience with this? I'd be interested in hearing your perspectives...

I have a 30 mL bottle and wear it on occasion, and the reason I wear it this infrequently is because I want it to last as long as possible. It's a beautiful lush and rich masculine powerhouse with a lot of sophistication for such a powerful fragrance. One of the most sophisticated patchoulis ever made, IMO.

This evening I put on some of this and find it to be an amazingly current scent - it could be easily a creation from Histoires de Parfums. It is a patchouli bomb, but absolutely not in a hippie way but in an oriental way, with a smoothness reminiscent of Coromandel but with a baking spice and even incense halo. I would describe it as a very comforting scent, as well as sophisticated in the way these inherently heavy components have been deftly blended.

Also, this can be still bought at a very good price even though it's been discontinued.
post #17102 of 20744

Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.basenotes.net/products/balenciaga-pour-home

 

Think I skipped over trying this one in the past due to the lavender note but some high praise there, particularly as a boozey scent, and from you guys if that's the one you're referring too.

post #17103 of 20744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.basenotes.net/products/balenciaga-pour-home

Think I skipped over trying this one in the past due to the lavender note but some high praise there, particularly as a boozey scent, and from you guys if that's the one you're referring too.

That's the one.
post #17104 of 20744
Mona di Orio - Oud
post #17105 of 20744
Today: Sycomore
post #17106 of 20744
Sneaking in: Aramis JHL. Wonderful "old school" gentlemanly scent for the upcoming fall.

Looking over the last few pages... I have to take some credit (along with several others, including mi amigo T, L'inc, and others) that you fellows are doing an AMAZING job with scents these days.

If you read the early days of this and other early SOTD threads, it was all "OMG that's a WOMAN'S FRANGRANCE" and other bullshit. You fellows have TRULY exceeded the Prof's expectations.

keep up the good work.

...and try Jicky...
post #17107 of 20744
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post

Sneaking in: Aramis JHL. Wonderful "old school" gentlemanly scent for the upcoming fall.

Looking over the last few pages... I have to take some credit (along with several others, including mi amigo T, L'inc, and others) that you fellows are doing an AMAZING job with scents these days.

If you read the early days of this and other early SOTD threads, it was all "OMG that's a WOMAN'S FRANGRANCE" and other bullshit. You fellows have TRULY exceeded the Prof's expectations.

keep up the good work.

...and try Jicky...

Please to keep posting in this thread.
post #17108 of 20744
This is probably the wrong thread but I just have a question what are gents using as shaving tools? Cartridge razor, double edge, or straight razor? I had always used the Gillette 3 blade razor but am looking to purchase a double edge and so I figured I would ask here. If this is the wrong thread I apologize.
post #17109 of 20744
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Please to keep posting in this thread.

Merci. BUT, honestly, it may be hard for some "old readers" to believe, but I'm down to less than ten scents these days! Pretty much, these days, all I use are Chamade, Jicky, Diorella, Miss Dior, JHL, n22, and for fun an old bottle of "Ocean rain."

Each solves a certain fragrance "problem:" Chamade for florals. Jicky for orientals. Diorella for fresh/crisp scents (Eau sauvage, Eau d'hermes, etc.), Miss Dior for Chypres (Chanel pour homme, Tiffany Men, etc.), n22 for sweet aldehydic incense, etc.

That's basically it. From 200+ down to these. Had I the $$$, I'd add "Portrait of a Lady" and "Parfum de Therese," but until then, I make do. I could probably exist with just a good bottle of Diorella and Jicky extrait/parfum. Former for day, latter for night. But, that's another thread entirely. wink.gif

edit; I also have a great vintage bottle of Antaeus that is heavenly. Forgot that one. wink.gif
post #17110 of 20744
Lot of those are women's fragrances, should join the Purse Forum hehehe!

I just read a thread on Basenotes where more than one person was insisting that Portrait of a Lady could not be worn by a man--too feminine.
post #17111 of 20744
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Lot of those are women's fragrances, should join the Purse Forum hehehe!

I just read a thread on Basenotes where more than one person was insisting that Portrait of a Lady could not be worn by a man--too feminine.

lol8[1].gif

In a perfect world without $$$ considerations, I'd have simply Jicky parfum, Portrait of a Lady, Parfum de Therese, and Diorella. I can make a convincing case (IMHO) for why those four can encompass all that is possible in the realm of parfumerie, masculine and/or feminine.. wink.gif
post #17112 of 20744
rach!!! good to see you. and congrats! (waydrn thread)
post #17113 of 20744
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Lot of those are women's fragrances, should join the Purse Forum hehehe!

I just read a thread on Basenotes where more than one person was insisting that Portrait of a Lady could not be worn by a man--too feminine.

There's a lot of loud retards on Basenotes.
post #17114 of 20744
Pre-shower: Fat Electrician
SOTD: Coromandel

I have petitioned Chanel to issue a limited edition called Coro-Mantel in honor of pro wrestling legend Dirty Dutch Mantel. I am not optimistic, though.
post #17115 of 20744
Seville a l'aube today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread