or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 1132

post #16966 of 19976
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post


I find it's best to apply this liberally, as the projection is poor. At least five sprays.

haha not sure what you're spraying but one to the chest and this thing lasts and projects very well.  Would put it on par with TV

post #16967 of 19976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

haha not sure what you're spraying but one to the chest and this thing lasts and projects very well.  Would put it on par with TV

I was just kidding. That is some potent stuff!
post #16968 of 19976
Well I sat down on the weekend and worked out my Amouage split. Not time well-spent as I didn't really manage to cut it down much.

From the library series, I went for Opus III and Opus IV. From the Man series, I already have decants of Epic, Memoir and XXV. So I added Gold, Silver, Interlude, Dia and Ciel. I passed on Fate, Lyric, Reflection and Honour.
post #16969 of 19976
ok phew, was thinking the same thing. I literally dab this on the wrist and neck and it's a major powerhouse, like almost nauseating at times.
post #16970 of 19976
My eveningtime scent is Chevrefeuille by Creed.
post #16971 of 19976
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post


I was just kidding. That is some potent stuff!

ah i suck at picking up sarcasm on these boards, glad to hear we're talking about the same stuff though :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

Well I sat down on the weekend and worked out my Amouage split. Not time well-spent as I didn't really manage to cut it down much.

From the library series, I went for Opus III and Opus IV. From the Man series, I already have decants of Epic, Memoir and XXV. So I added Gold, Silver, Interlude, Dia and Ciel. I passed on Fate, Lyric, Reflection and Honour.

 

A lot of selection there, almost the opposite of what I would have gone for.  I actually haven't tried 3 but from all the other opsus' Opus VI, is up there for me.  Such a refined scent with a slight almond background to it, just perfect for cooler weather.

 

Interlude, yeah I guess with all the commentary you have to try it, I liked this one at first but not a fan now, so much Oregano coming through.  Light spray isnt too bad though and quite different.  Dia is nice, up there with Creed JA, although less longevity for me.  

 

If you like rose scents I wouldnt have passed up Lyric.

 

Good choice on honour though, pepper pepper and....

 

Sorry for the rambling should probably log back into BN if I feel like yammering about the fragrances at length.

 

What this done through the FB split group?  Still have yet to get my hands on fate and beloved man.

post #16972 of 19976
Today: Olfactive Studio Lumiere Blanche.
post #16973 of 19976
After a week of smelling like Coppertone and Off in Maine, I'm back home and I smell like Invasion Barbare.
post #16974 of 19976
Since I took the rare midday shower, I wore two scents today - l'Anarchiste in the morning and Cuir Mauresque in the afternoon.
post #16975 of 19976
Guerlain Habit Rouge L'Eau
post #16976 of 19976
Lorenzo Villoresi Musk
post #16977 of 19976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

A lot of selection there, almost the opposite of what I would have gone for.  I actually haven't tried 3 but from all the other opsus' Opus VI, is up there for me.  Such a refined scent with a slight almond background to it, just perfect for cooler weather.

Interlude, yeah I guess with all the commentary you have to try it, I liked this one at first but not a fan now, so much Oregano coming through.  Light spray isnt too bad though and quite different.  Dia is nice, up there with Creed JA, although less longevity for me.  

If you like rose scents I wouldnt have passed up Lyric.

Good choice on honour though, pepper pepper and....

Sorry for the rambling should probably log back into BN if I feel like yammering about the fragrances at length.

What this done through the FB split group?  Still have yet to get my hands on fate and beloved man.

IIRC I passed on Opus VI because we are moving into spring-summer now. Lyric, I read that it is a very girly floral rather than the dirtier roses Ilike. It's not too late to add them I guess.

It was the FB group split that I went into. I grabbed some New Haarlem and Rose Nacre from him while I was at it.


Today I am wearing Encens Mythique d'Orient. Quite a mild incense compared to something like Avignon, but it has some added complexity from the neroli that make it more rounded and versatile, I think.
post #16978 of 19976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Like from when it was in a black bottle? I didn't hear anything about a reformulation on that... something you read or just experienced personally?

I'll attest to this as well. When I first tried it in the black.bottle it was sharp green and soapy. And I hated it. Then one day it just clicked with me and soapy fragrances and I wanted a bottle. Bought the green bottle and while it is very good, it is not the same as it was. A bit disappointing but still a great scent.
post #16979 of 19976
huh, thanks! now i'm curious to try it...


SotE is Versace's The Dreamer from a decant that just seems to have lasted forever (from Thomas?). Nearly done with it. Somewhat of a chemical synthetic mess but I find this general soapy clean vibe a useful category. when it's hot and I don't know what to wear, this sort of thing comes to mind.
post #16980 of 19976
Tonight: Knize Ten.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread