or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 1114

post #16696 of 20498
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

@HORNS: Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that! If I recall correctly, you weren't a big fan of ELDO at first.

Do you like Fat Electrician?

I was NOT a fan of ELdO at first but I had some good time to try them out yesterday and really liked those two after wearing them. I think this line needs to be worn, instead of smelling on blotters, to have a conclusion brought about them.

I sprayed Fat Electrician on a blotter, however, and was completely anosmic to it. Didn't smell shit. Frustrating because I like vetivers.
post #16697 of 20498
Bois D'Orage by Frederic Malle
post #16698 of 20498
Plum Japonais. This is absolutely in line with the aesthetic of the original batch of Private Blends. It is a dark, oriental scent with a very big plum note. It is somewhat reminiscent of the discontinued Japon Noir, but Plum Japonais is much smoother and richer. (Japon Noir is raspier, with prominent leather and patchouli.)
post #16699 of 20498
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Plum Japonais. This is absolutely in line with the aesthetic of the original batch of Private Blends. It is a dark, oriental scent with a very big plum note. It is somewhat reminiscent of the discontinued Japon Noir, but Plum Japonais is much smoother and richer. (Japon Noir is raspier, with prominent leather and patchouli.)

 

that was the only one in the new line i didn't really like. i think the plum was just too cloying for me.

post #16700 of 20498

Histoires de Parfums Ambrarem

post #16701 of 20498
Today: Olfactive Studios Lumiere Blanche.
post #16702 of 20498
Just ordered these:



(yeah, the -1 EUR for the Eau d'Hadrien is a bit odd.. it didn't substract a Euro, it just didn't change anyhting.. definitely a database erorr, so let's see whether they'll ship it. ordered @essenza-nobile)
post #16703 of 20498

Lubin Idole

post #16704 of 20498
MFK Cologne Pour le Soir today. Got inspired by MC's MFK reviews.
post #16705 of 20498
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Just ordered these: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

(yeah, the -1 EUR for the Eau d'Hadrien is a bit odd.. it didn't substract a Euro, it just didn't change anyhting.. definitely a database erorr, so let's see whether they'll ship it. ordered @essenza-nobile)

Good list. Assuming equal amounts of juice, Portrait of a Lady is probably the best buy because that shit is strong. I'm anxious to hear what you think about this one and Dans Tes Bras. It's hard to go wrong with Eau de Hadrien, but Nuits de Hadrien is my personal favorite (I need to get another bottle since I just extinguished it two days ago).
post #16706 of 20498
@b1os: I'm especially interested to see what you'll think of Dries van Noten and Bullion. I think Dries van Noten is wonderful, but the online fragrance community doesn't seem to agree. And no one talks about Bullion at all!

Pre-shower: Bendelirious
SOTD: Jules. It's rainy and gray here, so I felt like it was appropriate today. (I just realized that I never pronounce Jules in French, probably because we can say Jules just fine in English. I go back and forth on Cartier Declaration, but of course I have to say Declaration d'un Soir in French.)
post #16707 of 20498
You got a bottle of Jules?

How do you say it in Francais?
post #16708 of 20498
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

You got a bottle of Jules?

How do you say it in Francais?

No, I just got a decant. I like it very much and I probably should get a bottle, though. I've been thinking about it, but so far I've not been willing to pull the trigger.

The French pronunciation is ʒyl. If the phonetic spelling isn't very helpful, then I'd say it's something close to zhül. We just don't make that ü sound in English, so it's hard to describe.

EDIT: http://www.forvo.com/word/jules/
post #16709 of 20498
Creed Green Irish Tweed
post #16710 of 20498
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Good list. Assuming equal amounts of juice, Portrait of a Lady is probably the best buy because that shit is strong. I'm anxious to hear what you think about this one and Dans Tes Bras. It's hard to go wrong with Eau de Hadrien, but Nuits de Hadrien is my personal favorite (I need to get another bottle since I just extinguished it two days ago).
Agreed, Eau d'Hadrien and Nuits d'Hadrien are great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

@b1os: I'm especially interested to see what you'll think of Dries van Noten and Bullion. I think Dries van Noten is wonderful, but the online fragrance community doesn't seem to agree. And no one talks about Bullion at all!
I've tried Bullion once and enjoyed it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread