or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 1055

post #15811 of 19940

SOTD: YSL Live Jazz 

First time wearing it. Liking it so far. 

post #15812 of 19940
Am wearing my OneScent: GIT. I realize it's the AdG of the niche world, but it still smells great to me and lasts forever.

Does anyone have any Rive Gauche PH they're willing to decant for me? Will pay them for the trouble. Don't want to invest in a $40 bottle if I don't remember the scent.
post #15813 of 19940
Profumum Santalum today.Notes are supposed to be sandalwood, cinnamon and myrrh. I get the first two on application, but I don't actually know what myrrh smells like.
post #15814 of 19940
Today, working in the garden: Tubereuse Criminelle
This evening after shower: Dior Granville
post #15815 of 19940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pun View Post

Am wearing my OneScent: GIT. I realize it's the AdG of the niche world, but it still smells great to me and lasts forever.

Does anyone have any Rive Gauche PH they're willing to decant for me? Will pay them for the trouble. Don't want to invest in a $40 bottle if I don't remember the scent.
www.surrendertochance.com
www.theperfumedcourt.com
www.luckyscent.com (not sure if available there)
post #15816 of 19940
Today: Guerlain Vetiver - I definitely get allspice in this one today.
post #15817 of 19940
SOTD: L'Antichambre Le Tabac. A tobacco scent with sweet undertones. Not too bad.
post #15818 of 19940
I did wear Terrasse a St. Germain by Jul et Mad today. As I've mentioned before, I'm becoming a big fan of theirs.
post #15819 of 19940

YSL Live Jazz was a hit. 

Has anyone smelled or have experience with Paul Smith Extreme for men?  

post #15820 of 19940
Stilettos on Lex for me today. I think I like this one even more than Terrasse a St. Germain.
post #15821 of 19940
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Stilettos on Lex for me today. I think I like this one even more than Terrasse a St. Germain.

What's the deal with this line? Do you just have samples?
post #15822 of 19940
Question from a novice: What's the quickest and most efficient way to go about familiarizing one's self with singular scents, so that I have a frame of reference to help find blends of scents that feature notes I like? Just as an example, if I like a cologne and attribute my taste for it to vanilla/tobacco/peach/etc. notes, I want to make sure I'm not actually ignoring some other note that I simply don't distinguish or recognize. So if I simply don't even know what sandalwood/vetiver/verbana/benzoin smell like, how do I go about familiarizing myself with them in a more pure context to build that familiarity? Is there any sort of map that groups individual notes into families that are slightly more descriptive than "floral" or "citrus" and such? I'm sure my terminology is awful, but I suspect you get the picture. Thanks.
post #15823 of 19940
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Question from a novice: What's the quickest and most efficient way to go about familiarizing one's self with singular scents, so that I have a frame of reference to help find blends of scents that feature notes I like? Just as an example, if I like a cologne and attribute my taste for it to vanilla/tobacco/peach/etc. notes, I want to make sure I'm not actually ignoring some other note that I simply don't distinguish or recognize. So if I simply don't even know what sandalwood/vetiver/verbana/benzoin smell like, how do I go about familiarizing myself with them in a more pure context to build that familiarity? Is there any sort of map that groups individual notes into families that are slightly more descriptive than "floral" or "citrus" and such? I'm sure my terminology is awful, but I suspect you get the picture. Thanks.

There's http://www.fragrantica.com/ which has a wiki-database of notes per each fragrance/cologne. While not perfect, it's the most accessible way of familiarizing yourself with fragrances that are deemed by other enthusiasts to be similar to ones you already like. Then you must practice and smell lots and lots and lots of fragrances. Do you think you have a good scent memory?
post #15824 of 19940
Today: Dzing!
post #15825 of 19940
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

What's the deal with this line? Do you just have samples?

Jul et Mad is a French company started in 2012 by two people whose first names are Julien and Madalina. (I don't know their last names.) They are a couple, and the three fragrances they put on the market are supposed to represent the stages of their falling in love. I'm a sucker for good stories that go along with perfumes, but I actually tried them before I knew what the story was supposed to be. Both of the ones I've tried--Stilettos on Lex and Terrasse a St. Germain--made an immediate impression on me. They're both stunning. (Also, for those who are so inclined, Julien is quite an attractive guy.)

I got the two fragrances as part of a 50-sample grab bag I ordered from STC; I had no idea they'd be included, but I'm certainly glad they were.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread