or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 983

post #14731 of 20338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post

I've never smelled Musco, but I'd recommend Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme as an über-dry fougère that has a classic barbershop vibe. It's not too expensive, either.

But then again, it's not an *aftershave*. (Personally, I would just ditch the whole aftershave genre and instead go for a good quality unscented facial moisturizer and then use a fragrance that you like...)

Just my 2 cents...

Thx, yeah, not looking for aftershave just looking for something less complicated than what I've been wearing. I'll check out YSL.
post #14732 of 20338
Today: Cuir Ottoman.

For you guys in or visiting New York, you should go by Village Tannery, which is very close to MiN (it's on Great Jones Street between Broadway and Lafayette) - it has a wonderful leather smell that is quite inspiring to those who love leather scents.

I'm really liking this Cuir Ottoman.
post #14733 of 20338
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

L'Inc have you tried Coeur de Vetiver Sacre? Very well blended IMO.

I think we might have had a conversation about this before. Yeah, I do enjoy Coeur de Vetiver Sacre. I'd go so far as to say that the name is a bit misleading, as vetiver really isn't the star note at all.
post #14734 of 20338
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

L'Inc have you tried Coeur de Vetiver Sacre? Very well blended IMO.

I think we might have had a conversation about this before. Yeah, I do enjoy Coeur de Vetiver Sacre. I'd go so far as to say that the name is a bit misleading, as vetiver really isn't the star note at all.

Yeah, we did have a conversation about this. Not long ago at all. shog[1].gif
post #14735 of 20338
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

For you guys in or visiting New York, you should go by Village Tannery, which is very close to MiN (it's on Great Jones Street between Broadway and Lafayette) - it has a wonderful leather smell that is quite inspiring to those who love leather scents..

I will try to check that out next time I'm in the area. I used to work across the street from MiN, but for the last couple years, I don't get down to Soho as much as I used to (plus, it's turning into a sort of fashionista version of Times Square...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

I agree on Rive Gauche, and would add that Aramis Tuscany and Azzaro Pour Homme are a couple of classics that have similar personalities.

Listen to Baron, he is the fougère king...smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivier.nyc View Post

You should try Opoponax smile.gif

That's funny, I was trying to avoid the single note fragrances they have there (kind of difficult, actually) but the only one I *wanted* to try was the opoponax. I didn't get the chance because the sales person was standing over me staring, so I hurried up and missed smelling that one. Next time...
post #14736 of 20338
Yesterday: Nasomatto Absinth. Frankly pretty boring.
Today: Frapin Passion Boisee. I like this very much.
post #14737 of 20338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post

Listen to Baron, he is the fougère king...smile.gif

It's funny to see that - I suppose I've taken a recent interest in fougeres the last year or two but for a long time I didn't really like them at all.
post #14738 of 20338
SOTD: Versace pour Homme.
Edited by California Dreamer - 1/23/13 at 6:03pm
post #14739 of 20338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

It's funny to see that - I suppose I've taken a recent interest in fougeres the last year or two but for a long time I didn't really like them at all.

I think you did you did mention that a while back. I struggle with fougères, so the chance that I'll come around to them keeps me trying...

SOTD: Histoires de Parfums 1828 Jules Verne. (This is probably the most fougère-y I can go, except for the odd Azzaro Pour Homme or, more likely, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme. I grew up in the 80s/90s, so there are some memories that I'd prefer to keep repressed laugh.gif...)
post #14740 of 20338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post

I didn't get the chance because the sales person was standing over me staring, so I hurried up and missed smelling that one. Next time...

I love the sales person in the US... Even the worse ones are above and beyond anything you will ever find in Paris, where they teach contempt from kindergarden... I never feel pushed, as I am led to believe everyone in the store works for me, the customer.

SOTD: M7 Oud Absolu.
post #14741 of 20338
SOTD Fahrenheit Absolute
post #14742 of 20338
Sycomore today.
post #14743 of 20338
Pre-shower: Bois de Cedrat
SOTD: Acteur
post #14744 of 20338
SOTD: Eau de Rochas Homme. I really like this one in the hot weather.
post #14745 of 20338
D&G Velvet Patchouli. Of the three I Velvet's I tried (Wood, Vetiver, and Patchouli) this is my favorite one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread