Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Anything else that you smelled from ELDO that stood out to you?
Yes, there were many that were intriguing (some more than others:)
• I thought Fils de Dieu was interesting. What at first seemed like an almond note, turned out to be coconut, and then when I realized it was rice, as well, I got it: Coconut & rice! Coconut can have a soapy aspect (since soap can be made from coconut oil), and the rice accord was mellow and earthy.
• I swear to god, Dangerous Complicity smelled like Swedish Fish!
• While interesting, I thought Putain des Palaces was pretty mellow for such an outrageous name (I expected sweaty, hairy animalics layered with jasmine and semen...) I will need to check this out again, though.
• Jasmin et Cigarette: *very* interesting. Don't know if I could pull this off yet (after only a year and a half into this crazy obsession, I'm really still a n00b and a wuss with some more challenging or traditionally feminine notes...)
• Tom of Finland was one of the ones that I put off to the side, so I liked it, but can't remember the notes anymore (I smelled the entire line, so my nose was blown out by the end...)
• I'm not big on chocolate or gourmands, so Noel au Balcon didn't hook me, but I could tell it was well done.
• I liked Delicious Closet Queen as well. (Although the name will give my wife pause, I will get a sample of this one...
There were others as well, but, as I said I was overwhelmed at some point. I'll need to go back again to re-smell some---
Thanks again for the tip on this line, L'Inc...
/// Edited to make a more readable list...///