or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 961

post #14401 of 19986
Sales Associates just need to shut their yaps about things being "too _______" for a guy.
post #14402 of 19986
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Sales Associates just need to shut their yaps about things being "too _______" for a guy.

I agree. In 2008, I was less comfortable with florals than I am now, so I let myself be convinced. What I bought instead that day was Black Orchid, though!
post #14403 of 19986
Smelled Chinatown in Christmas Day for the first time from a sample my sister had. Wow, I know it's a well loved frag but I wasn't prepared for how much I loved it. Really a fantastic scent.
post #14404 of 19986
SOTD: Speakeasy by Frapin. Very special and I love it.
post #14405 of 19986
Today: Aesop Marrakech. The opening is intense. Patchouli, a clove-like camphoraceous note, and what seems like cumin or clary sage. A bit like a pre-Giuliani New York taxi ride on a summer day. It mellows considerably during the dry down and gets a little sweeter. I like this part the most, I just wish it would last longer. 5-6 hours and it's all but disappeared (I hear that it's supposed to use all natural ingredients, so that might be part of the reason...)
post #14406 of 19986
SOTN: New York Oud by Bond no. 9
post #14407 of 19986
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivier.nyc View Post

SOTD: Speakeasy by Frapin. Very special and I love it.


One of my favorites! This fragrance always brings back the best memories.

post #14408 of 19986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post

A bit like a pre-Giuliani New York taxi ride on a summer day

Had a good laugh with that one. Did Giuliani really get rid of the city smell by moving hot dog vendors out of street corners ? wink.gif. I somehow understood what you meant though...
post #14409 of 19986
Guys, you guys seem to know a lot about fragrances. So can you guys recommend me an aftershave?

Actually what exactly is the difference between aftershave and cologne? I found some recommendation online and all they recommend is just some cologne.
post #14410 of 19986
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivier.nyc View Post

Had a good laugh with that one. Did Giuliani really get rid of the city smell by moving hot dog vendors out of street corners ? wink.gif. I somehow understood what you meant though...

Ha—I haven't heard that one. (If so, it didn't really work. Case in point: The city in August! eek.gif )

I just remember cabs being a lot funkier back in the day. I think Giuliani forced cabbies to clean things up and wear long sleeve shirts with collars, and pants, etc...

I'm just making a joke, but in reality Giuliani's tenure was pretty brutal: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2007/12/operation_refusal.single.html
post #14411 of 19986
Today, inspired by Baron and the need to wear scents I never ever wear, I'm going with Mr. Blass. Better than I recall it being. Fortunately, I have a lot of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamergod View Post

Guys, you guys seem to know a lot about fragrances. So can you guys recommend me an aftershave?
Actually what exactly is the difference between aftershave and cologne? I found some recommendation online and all they recommend is just some cologne.

Aftershave has one main purpose: to soothe your skin, post-shave. Cologne also has one purpose: to smell good. You can combine the two by making a nice-smelling aftershave, but I wouldn't get the two confused. As for recommendations, there are a ton of good aftershaves out there, you might try Thayer's Medicated Superhazel. It has a clean peppermint smell that fades quickly, so it won't compete with your cologne, if you wear it.
post #14412 of 19986
I like Mr. Blass a lot, especially once it gets past the opening notes.
post #14413 of 19986
Labdanum 18 for me today.
post #14414 of 19986
Today: Voyage d'Hermes EdT.
post #14415 of 19986
To finish the year in style: Oud Shamash !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread