or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 934

post #13996 of 20295
Today: Knize Ten again.
post #13997 of 20295
Midnight Oud today. Dark Rose yesterday. Ambre russe the day before. Too many? They're all so good. I'd write more but I think they all need to percolate a bit. Ambre russe is definitely, as someone else posted, "boozy" ( in really good way) but I am loving midnight Oud at the moment. I like how blustery it is at the beginning and how close to the skin it gets...holy crap, 13 hours later? I should probably sleep.

This is a really vague request, but does anyone have any ideas for scents for when it's sunny and cold out? like, 10-30 and bright sun? Wintry, but bright and clear and full of sunshine?
post #13998 of 20295
Iquitos again today. Really liking this a lot. I realized that I used to have a hard time with aldehydes and civet, both of which are big in the opening of this scent, and now I've made peace with both notes.
post #13999 of 20295
Today: Ormonde Man. I had a hard time choosing what to wear this morning, and one of the options was CdG 2 Man. Now, all I can smell in the drydown of Ormonde Man is that waxy, snuffed-out incense note in CdG 2 Man. Real or imagined, I wonder...
post #14000 of 20295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

This is a really vague request, but does anyone have any ideas for scents for when it's sunny and cold out? like, 10-30 and bright sun? Wintry, but bright and clear and full of sunshine?

To me, De Bachmakov is that scent.
post #14001 of 20295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

I'm generally anti-Creed, but find that they have done a few scents very well.

This.

And this (sorry, couldn't resist)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK8sxngSWaU
post #14002 of 20295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

This is a really vague request, but does anyone have any ideas for scents for when it's sunny and cold out? like, 10-30 and bright sun? Wintry, but bright and clear and full of sunshine?

that's kind of vague. do you want to smell like you just rolled around in a pile of leaves? or do you want to smell like you just rolled around in a pile of pussy?
post #14003 of 20295
I've been wondering, Rambo, how much do you charge per hour? I was thinking it was cheaper hiring you to grab samples than ordering them from STC. laugh.gif

Today, it's been Czech & Speake No. 88. An interesting scent. Great longevity. The later drydown is all (citrusy) geranium. I'll have to revisit this one once or thrice since the opening/mid-section is more sophisticated.
post #14004 of 20295
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

To me, De Bachmakov is that scent.

This sounds really interesting...
post #14005 of 20295
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

I've been wondering, Rambo, how much do you charge per hour? I was thinking it was cheaper hiring you to grab samples than ordering them from STC. laugh.gif
Today, it's been Czech & Speake No. 88. An interesting scent. Great longevity. The later drydown is all (citrusy) geranium. I'll have to revisit this one once or thrice since the opening/mid-section is more sophisticated.

If you want to put me up I'm perfectly willing to work for room and board. Got 10 more tonight.

tonight's scent - Diptyque 34 St. Germain. I was really impressed and I don't remember liking this quite so much.
post #14006 of 20295
So Rambo, how many have you collected over the past 48 hours?
post #14007 of 20295
Today: Kerosene's Copper Skies. Finally I figured out what the pungent note is: Incense. It's a spicy tobacco incense amber. Feels like there's too much fighting for room here.
post #14008 of 20295
Thomas, did you get a sample of the Kerosene online, own one, or get it from somewhere in Houston?
post #14009 of 20295
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Thomas, did you get a sample of the Kerosene online, own one, or get it from somewhere in Houston?

I have a decant that I received in a swap from a friend on FB. Are you interested in trying it?
post #14010 of 20295
That's alright - Kerosene seems like a pretty small and limited brand so I was only wondering. Thank you, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread