or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 923

post #13831 of 21234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito View Post

Patou Pour Homme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

I don't know that I have a preference between Patou and Derby. I don't really have a preference between vintage and reformulated Derby either. I might prefer vintage if forced to choose, but the current version is very close to the old stuff.

What do you guys think of Patou Pour Homme? It seems like a fragrance I might be interested in, and I'm trying to figure out if I should track down a decant of the EdT...
post #13832 of 21234
Today: got myself a spray on the wrist along with some samples of Jour d'Hermes. It's a very pretty feminine scent.
post #13833 of 21234
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Today: got myself a spray on the wrist along with some samples of Jour d'Hermes. It's a very pretty feminine scent.

Well I'll be damned, now I'm going to have to go out looking for it! I hope Neiman or Saks will have it, as those are the only plausible candidates here in STL.

Can you describe what it smells like?
post #13834 of 21234
It is a very fine fragrance and makes you feel distinguished when you wear it. Everything seems perfectly blended and smooth.

I would suggest buying a 10ml bottle looking at its current prices, but if you want to have the best fragrance from every genre in your collection then the full bottle is the way to go because I have not come across any fragrance that can beat it in the male oriental genre. I find Vintage Derby in the same vein as Patou Pour Homme.

Also, I find the Aftershave version to be quite nice.

I imagine this as a signature fragrance of an assertive high profile businessman.

Also, some people prefer its younger cousin Patou Pour Homme Prive over the original but to me Prive is really light and feminine.
post #13835 of 21234
So I slept in this morning because I had a late entry to the office for inventory. Took my leisurely time until it was nearly too late, then scrambled into the shower and hurried into whatever I could find. Oddly enough my thoughts drifted to Yatagan, and I couldn't find it - so I spun through a drawer's worth of scents but none would suffice. Finally dug up the Yatagan, applied liberally, and dashed off to work.
post #13836 of 21234
I love Yatagan.
post #13837 of 21234
I have returned to the good ole USofA and will be hitting the malls shortly to load myself up on samples.
post #13838 of 21234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito View Post

It is a very fine fragrance and makes you feel distinguished when you wear it. Everything seems perfectly blended and smooth.
I would suggest buying a 10ml bottle looking at its current prices, but if you want to have the best fragrance from every genre in your collection then the full bottle is the way to go because I have not come across any fragrance that can beat it in the male oriental genre. I find Vintage Derby in the same vein as Patou Pour Homme.
Also, I find the Aftershave version to be quite nice.
I imagine this as a signature fragrance of an assertive high profile businessman.
Also, some people prefer its younger cousin Patou Pour Homme Prive over the original but to me Prive is really light and feminine.

Thanks for the information, Incognito—it sounds like it might be a good match for me. Is there a significant difference in character between the Edt and the after shave, or is it mainly the strength?
post #13839 of 21234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I have returned to the good ole USofA and will be hitting the malls shortly to load myself up on samples.

Guy Laroche has a scent on the market that I'm hearing great things about. I think it's called Drunkard Noir or something like that. See if you can score a sample of that!
post #13840 of 21234

sotd: Crisp, blue sky = Knize 10

post #13841 of 21234
Pre-shower: Bond No. 9 Washington Square
SOTD: Divine L'Homme Infini. I'm trying this for the first time today, and I have to say this is just stunning. The Divine masculines all share a house style and a very high level of quality. This is every bit as good as L'Homme Sage and L'Homme de Coeur. It is unmistakably masculine. The very top is green and herbal, and that leads quickly into a sharp accord of pepper and smoky vetiver. It's a very dry, woody scent, but with just a touch of amber to round off the rough edges. I'm certain that a lot of you will enjoy this quite a bit.
post #13842 of 21234
Today: ELdO Je Suis Un Homme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Pre-shower: Bond No. 9 Washington Square
SOTD: Divine L'Homme Infini. I'm trying this for the first time today, and I have to say this is just stunning. The Divine masculines all share a house style and a very high level of quality. This is every bit as good as L'Homme Sage and L'Homme de Coeur. It is unmistakably masculine. The very top is green and herbal, and that leads quickly into a sharp accord of pepper and smoky vetiver. It's a very dry, woody scent, but with just a touch of amber to round off the rough edges. I'm certain that a lot of you will enjoy this quite a bit.

Thanks, L'Inc, it sounds interesting. I'll look out for it–
post #13843 of 21234
Disappointment of the Day: Maison Frncis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme. Imagine every boring mall scent you've ever smelled. This is a really well made version of that.
post #13844 of 21234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post

Today: ELdO Je Suis Un Homme.

I like that one quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

Disappointment of the Day: Maison Frncis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme. Imagine every boring mall scent you've ever smelled. This is a really well made version of that.

Wow, that's too bad. I went back and forth on ordering a sample of that, but I eventually chose not to, since I'm not a big fan of most of the MFK scents. Still, there was quite a bit of buzz about it.
post #13845 of 21234
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I like that one quite a bit.
Wow, that's too bad. I went back and forth on ordering a sample of that, but I eventually chose not to, since I'm not a big fan of most of the MFK scents. Still, there was quite a bit of buzz about it.

I had high hopes for this--I think Lumiere Noire is fantastic, and also like Absolue Pour Le Soir. Narciso Rodriguez For Him, another Kurkdjian creation, is in my regular rotation.

In other news, Slumberhouse is selling all bottles at 1/3 off this weekend. Their website: slumberhou.se
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread