or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 888

post #13306 of 21000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Today: Balenciaga Pour Homme - such a lovely, sophisticated fragrance. It is definitely of the genre of "1980's Powerhouse" fragrance, but it is pretty near a perfect, elegant culmination of this style with its soft sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, vanilla, and lavender, which I would consider an Oriental. It's been discontinued but still widely available for sale, so if you guys are looking for something warm and rich for the upcoming cold days I highly recommend this.

is this new?
post #13307 of 21000
It is Vintage and discontinued.
post #13308 of 21000
I have switched into Bois Rouge for the evening hours. I know this isn't a widely shared opinion here, but even the less popular original Private Blends are really excellent. This and Japon Noir, which people tend not to talk about, are among my favorites. (The two are fairly similar, actually. I prefer Japon Noir.)

EDIT: @ Synthese: I'm glad you liked the Violet Blonde! That's been among my very favorites ever since it came onto the market. (It's about a year old now.)

Midnight in Paris is by Van Cleef and Arpels, and it's about two years old. I wore this just the other day. It's quite beautiful, IMO. The bottle is a real selling point too.
Edited by L'Incandescent - 10/23/12 at 8:44pm
post #13309 of 21000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito View Post

It is Vintage and discontinued.

well that would explain why i don't know about it.
post #13310 of 21000
Sycomore today. Could swim in this stuff.
post #13311 of 21000
The oil had a development form rather oud-centric to more woody-centric notes. I like it.

Today, Opus.
Edited by b1os - 10/24/12 at 6:50am
post #13312 of 21000
Last Night: Mitsouko Parfum. You want a chypre? That's the chypre you are looking for.
post #13313 of 21000
SOTD: Chanel Allure Edition Blanche.
Would love a good recommendation off the beaten path in similar notes...
post #13314 of 21000
Today: Portrait of a Lady because it's cold and rainy. Incense, insanely-integrated patchouli, rose.
post #13315 of 21000

Soul Drops by Giulietta Capuleti.

post #13316 of 21000
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivier.nyc View Post

SOTD: Chanel Allure Edition Blanche.
Would love a good recommendation off the beaten path in similar notes...

Chanel is either discontinuing this or else making it only available in the boutiques. (I think the latter.) My honest opinion is that there's nothing on the market that does what Edition Blanche does better than Edition Blanche.

Pre-shower: Diptyque Eau de Tarocco. Another underappreciated scent, IMO. (Although Burr gave it a glowing review in NYT.)
SOTD: Parure edt. As chypres go, I prefer this to Mitsouko in any of its concentrations.
post #13317 of 21000
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

SOTD: Parure edt. As chypres go, I prefer this to Mitsouko in any of its concentrations.

I ended up selling off those bottle of Parure, but I have a tiny nagging regret, because it is really a very pretty scent. If I had the patience I could have decanted out one of the bottles and kept a little bit for myself, but that's too much hassle.

PdN New York today. Still my favorite.
post #13318 of 21000
So, I stopped by and purchased Midnight in Paris and Jicky today, and while I was in the store they gave me a sample of "Fougere Royale," which I applied post-shower. Now, the internet tells me that this is some sort of re-formulation of a classic, but I have rarely smelled something so horrible. It almost instantly gave me a headache, and I had to scrub myself madly. Even now, I can smell its vile stench on my arm. Good god. It smells like the cheap "Spa" soap you get at a Best Western, or some sort of horrific men's shaving cream. Sickening.


On the other hand, Violet Blonde is, really, really lovely. The Dune not so much, it loses some of its initial fizziness and ends up sort of old-lady-like on my skin (I only had the card yesterday- I know, I know). Not horrible, but not as nice as I thought.
post #13319 of 21000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

So, I stopped by and purchased Midnight in Paris and Jicky today, and while I was in the store they gave me a sample of "Fougere Royale," which I applied post-shower. Now, the internet tells me that this is some sort of re-formulation of a classic, but I have rarely smelled something so horrible. It almost instantly gave me a headache, and I had to scrub myself madly. Even now, I can smell its vile stench on my arm. Good god. It smells like the cheap "Spa" soap you get at a Best Western, or some sort of horrific men's shaving cream. Sickening.

Yeah, that Fougere Royale is hideous.
post #13320 of 21000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster View Post

after browsing a bit on basenotes i think im gonna try out YSL M7, YSL la nuit, boss bottled and paco rabanne 1 million.

anyone? these are good fragrances be good for cold weather, right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread