• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Shirt

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a white Louis Vuitton white dress shirt with the LV and the two stars also in white sewn all over the shirt. They're pretty suttle from about 5 feet away but when your up close you really see them.

Does anyone else have any experience with louis vuitton shirts? How do they compare to other high-end labels?

I was looking at comparable Prada's, Gucci's, etc. and the Louis was only about 100-120 more (this is in Canada) so I went with what I know I'll like.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
I just got a white Louis Vuitton white dress shirt with the LV and the two stars also in white sewn all over the shirt. They're pretty suttle from about 5 feet away but when your up close you really see them.

Does anyone else have any experience with louis vuitton shirts? How do they compare to other crass fashionista labels?

I was looking at comparable Prada's, Gucci's, etc. and the Louis was only about 100-120 more (this is in Canada) so I went with what I know I'll like.

fixed it
devil.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a white Louis Vuitton dress shirt with the LV and the two stars also in white sewn all over the shirt. They're pretty subtle from about 5 feet away but when you're up close you really see them. Does anyone else have any experience with Louis Vuitton shirts? How do they compare to other crass fashionista labels? I was looking at comparable Pradas, Guccis, etc. and the Louis was only about 100-120 more (this is in Canada) so I went with what I know I'll like.
fixed it some more
devil.gif

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...says the guy wearing Cords. Ha ha ha....

Online grammar police? Let me guess, you teach Grade 2 and your students don't respect you?

Does anyone who doesn't wear cords or spend thier time editing posts have anything interesting to say on the subject?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you do know that you're paying those extra $100's for the brand name, not quality, right?

go read a bit more and increase your knowledge about shirts in that shirt thread stickied up top.

and btw, the brands you have listed are, at best, mediocre.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just got a white Louis Vuitton dress shirt with the LV and the two stars also in white sewn all over the shirt. They're pretty subtle from about 5 feet away but when you're up close you really see them. Does anyone else have any experience with Louis Vuitton shirts? How do they compare to other crass fashionista labels? I was looking at comparable Pradas, Guccis, etc. and the Louis was only about 100-120 more (this is in Canada) so I went with what I know I'll like.
More fixin'
devil.gif
... and what's wrong with cords?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy isn't going to last very long.

men.style.com might be more to your liking.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh god.... I hope this forum isn't filled with a bunch of gino's who think Prada, Armani and Gucci are God's gift to the fashion industry.

The brands I like are chosen because they suit my personal tastes and style and they're all well established. I have TONS of stores to choose from when I buy clothes and I've come to enjoy these the most.

I'm not interested in a couple flare-up brands who offer some god-awful pointy shoes, suits with peaked lapels and shirts with oversized collars.

My Grandfather purchased items from those retailors, my Father did too and anyone who comes after me. 50 years ago you could buy a suit at Brooks Brothers and tomorrow I can walk in and buy the same one and it will look just as good. I am also not interested in being sold colthes by metro-guys with stupid hair cuts that talk with a fake lisp. The only reason Lacoste is still on there, despite thier terrible sales staff, is becasue they still produce a proper long-sleeve Polo that fits me.

Are you one of those people that think anything known in the "main stream" isn't good so you go out of your way to find little indie brands and act pretentious when people don't know what they are and criticize them for liking items with a history and that are well known?

BTW - I'm also paying the extra 100 dollars so that every third person on the street isn't wearing the same shirt I am. You can buy Prada, Polo, Gucci, etc. etc. anywhere. You can only buy LV at LV.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming that you aren't a terrible troll:

My brain is about to explode from the sheer .... WTF of your post.

You do realize that Prada / Armani / Gucci typically vie for the same dollars that LV does..... right?

You're right - most of us are going to dislike all of those brands. I was actually just about to post and inquire as to how Brooks Brothers fit in with the rest of the brands you're fond of (depending on what RL clothing you're interested in).

You have to be a troll.

Nevermind.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you REALLY have no idea what you're talking about, do you
laugh.gif
brands that are coveted on SF are far from "little indie brands." and kronik, you are right, this must be a troll. my SF crusade ends here.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you return the shirt after 5 years.....

Regards.
PS. Yes, I STILL cant get over the 5 yr return thing......for shoes!! Darn.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
LOL!

Moron.

There might be sale on last week's style of Armani suits, nice peaked lapels, skin tight, real trashy-****. Keep an eye on my signature, I'll buy it and resell it on here.
lol8[1].gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BTW - I'm also paying the extra 100 dollars so that every third person on the street isn't wearing the same shirt I am. You can buy Prada, Polo, Gucci, etc. etc. anywhere. You can only buy LV at LV.

LV's RTW is outsourced at the same factories a number of the other large fashion houses use. Their bags are a completely separate division and are made mostly by LV controlled companies or in house.

Lv's shoes (at least the leather-soled ones... sneakers I dunno), for example, are licensed to Stefanobi, who also makes for a number of other companies. Their suits are Belvest, who makes for a lot of other companies. Same with shirts, ties, etc.; they are all made by well-established factories that make for many others but alter the fabrics, logos, and detailing for each designer. In short, you really aren't getting somethign so exclusive, although you are getting the snob-factor of knowing that LV has more exclusive distribution and doesn't have sales.

The shirt's quality is about the same as the other major designers, but about 10-15% more expensive to give that supposed snob-appeal and "exclusivity."

Overall, it appears you are interested in labels, which means you ought to be interested in styling, cut, and fit. Quality wise, none of the major designers are going to be worth their retail sticker. That being said, if you like the styling and the fit, then go for it. But, asking about quality isn't really going to get many positive responses, because the appeal of designers is styling. If you want a beautiful shirt with superlative quality in a smiliar price range to the LV, then call up Alex Kabbaz and have him make you up a few shirts. For RTW, get Lorenzini, Barba, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads