or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive Guide to T-Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive Guide to T-Shirts - Page 2

post #16 of 292
I've found the AA medium to be to big off the rack, but washed once is divine. Washed a second time is to tight. Apparently for now on I'm buying AA shirts and drying them once and hanging from then on out.

Why do clothes have to be a science? I'd like to be doing better things, but alas.
post #17 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedeecee View Post
I find it strange that you don't like AA, but you like threadless.

I have a few shirts from threadless and I've noticed that even though they're all supposedly the same size, they all have very different fits. They have great designs, but the crapshoot with sizing is frustrating :\\


You are completely correct. In fact, I forgot to mention this, but threadless shirts do have very annoying fits. The small is too tight on me, the medium is not tight enough. I do think they may have shrunk the first time I washed them.

In fact, on a side note, I don't understand why everyone does not prewash their t-shirts. It would make the world a better place, imo.
post #18 of 292
Aren't threadless tees hanes beefy? And the threadless select AA?
post #19 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Aren't threadless tees hanes beefy? And the threadless select AA?
I haven't bought threadless tees in a year and a half (pre-forum) but the regular ones were printed on 50/50 Fruit of the Loom. Pretty shitty fabric after a couple washes and terrible sizing inconsistency.
post #20 of 292
Fruit of the loom. That's what it was. Yea, i can never fit properly into those. They're just not cut well, nothing you can do about it really.
post #21 of 292
Few measurements:

Uniqlo "Premium Cotton" crewneck (these are great, nice fit and keep their shape pretty well; nice and short too) in S:
~18.5" pit to pit (after wash)
~25" length

mjk henley M/38 - in the bamboo material, which is awesome. Love this, will get some more when I'm back from my holiday My other mjk stuff also fits really well - slim and just the right length.
~19" pit to pit (after wash)
~24" length

Haven't been to a Gap for a while, but saw these at the weekend and bought a couple - "Gap Fitted" (in S). They also had a stretch "skinny" one that seemed to fit almost exactly the same... The Fitted ones are nice really thick cotton though, feel like they should last a while. I could easily have bought the XS in these, but they were a tiny bit short - there's no way I'm an XS...
~17.5" pit to pit (new)
~25.5" length
post #22 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb View Post
Few measurements:

Uniqlo "Premium Cotton" crewneck (these are great, nice fit and keep their shape pretty well; nice and short too) in S:
~18.5" pit to pit (after wash)
~25" length

mjk henley M/38 - in the bamboo material, which is awesome. Love this, will get some more when I'm back from my holiday My other mjk stuff also fits really well - slim and just the right length.
~19" pit to pit (after wash)
~24" length

Haven't been to a Gap for a while, but saw these at the weekend and bought a couple - "Gap Fitted" (in S). They also had a stretch "skinny" one that seemed to fit almost exactly the same... The Fitted ones are nice really thick cotton though, feel like they should last a while. I could easily have bought the XS in these, but they were a tiny bit short - there's no way I'm an XS...
~17.5" pit to pit (new)
~25.5" length

Hey just wondering, how tall are you / what do you weigh? To get an idea of the fits on me.
post #23 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
Hey just wondering, how tall are you / what do you weigh? To get an idea of the fits on me.
5'10" and currently 158-160lb or so.
post #24 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsyde82 View Post
i always have probs finding a perfect fitting tee.... im 5'8, 150ish, and pretty lean...but i do have a chest, from working out...so im not flat chested...and i do not like having fitted t shirts to show that man cleavage...but i also dont want something i could swim in ive found that the ONLY tee ive ever liked is that british flag tee at urban made by BDG...its some sort of enzyme wash dye or whatever...only FIT i ever liked, to be more specific...its fitted w/o being too tight on the chest and arms area (my arms are somewhat bigger as well) if anyone has experience with this very popular urban t shirt...and know of similar fitting shirts, please enlighten me thx
I know the shirt you're talking about, but I never got it. I have the urban outfitters BDG target shirt and shamrock shirt and they're my 2 favorite fitting shirts. I assume they're the same fit as the british flag one since they're BDG graphics. I always look for BDG graphic shirts when I'm there but they don't make too many of them... I'm also looking for similar fitting shirts, so if you find any, let me know.
post #25 of 292
Anyone have any info on Base Control shirts? Read about them in the premier issue of Antenna, and I'm intrigued. Apparently it's a Japanese brand in the vein of American Apparel. Would love to know how to get some of their stuff stateside.

As for other tees, I really want to get some James Perse but the fit isn't quite perfect, maybe after a washing.

And I concur with American Apparel. I always size up and buy an XL and after washing and machine drying it's good to go. After that I always hang dry.
post #26 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnpyro View Post
I've found the AA medium to be to big off the rack, but washed once is divine. Washed a second time is to tight. Apparently for now on I'm buying AA shirts and drying them once and hanging from then on out.

Interesting. Sounds like the AA small I have needs another washer/hot dryer trip.
post #27 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb View Post
5'10" and currently 158-160lb or so.

Awesome! I'm going to use all your sizes to buy shirts! I'm 159 and 5'11''.
post #28 of 292
Mossimo blank athletic-fit tees, available at Target. They taper significantly from chest to waist, so that they aren't too tight at the pits and shoulders like American Apparel or too baggy at the waist like Gap athletic-fit. I am 5'9", 140 lbs, and these tees in size small fit me perfectly.
post #29 of 292
Is it true that Uniqlo tees are pre-shrunk? Looking for any brands that people like that are pre-shrunk -- I'm on the quest for some nice v-neck and crewneck tees that fit well. Prefer a softer to medium cotton. And I definitely don't want to have to play the guessing game with the washing machine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
That's why I like Uniqlo for basics now, since I think all of their stuff is pre-washed/pre-shrunk so what you buy is what you get.
post #30 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
Interesting. Sounds like the AA small I have needs another washer/hot dryer trip.
+1 I just washed and dryer dried 4 aa shirts that i bought. Shrinkage happened most noticeably in the length, which is what i needed anyway. But now i'm afraid to dryer dry them again.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive Guide to T-Shirts