or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › names we dislike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

names we dislike

post #1 of 103
Thread Starter 
a partial list, off the top of my head (no offense if your name is on the list): todd chad brad bob mike (michael is okay.) steve (steven is okay. i don't like 'stephen'.) franklin (frank is okay.) joshua kyle seth frederick, federico leonard, leonardo lionel guillermo (spanish for 'william') bill (william os okay.) henry, hank barry raphael, rafael hugo anthony, tony jordan any family name used as a first name
post #2 of 103
I don't like, when my neighbor, calls me, Yuri .
post #3 of 103
Poor people seem to love adorning their spawn with 'J' names, frequently with bizarre spellings. I can remember the teen mommiez of my middle and high schools fawning over the prospect of Jordynns to be. Note that my non-kayfabed name begins with a 'J.'
post #4 of 103
Anthony
Donovan

That's all I can think of.
post #5 of 103
Thread Starter 
i'm editing my first post to agree with the other names given. i hate 'anthony' and 'tony'.
post #6 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
a partial list, off the top of my head (no offense if your name is on the list):

todd -- i like this one
chad -- gross, what about Chadwick?
brad
bob
mike (michael is okay.) -- i like this one
steve (steven is okay. i don't like 'stephen'.) it's alright so long as it isn't pronounced Steffan
franklin (frank is okay.) -- old skool names are awesome
joshua
kyle
seth -- eww
frederick, federico
leonard, leonardo
lionel
guillermo (spanish for 'william')
bill (william os okay.)
henry, hank
barry -- ewww
raphael, rafael
hugo


So many different names and it is hard to comment on anything but English names, however, I don't like the way most asian names sound.

Off the top of my head, the name Carl has never been easy for me to say.

If I have boys I will give them old skool names like Xavier, Montgomery, Frederick. Though for girls I think it would be a bit cruel to give them a name like Gwenovere.
post #7 of 103
Obnoxious English names. Some that come to mind:

Abner
Baldrick
Alistair
Archibald
Padgett
Willoughby.
post #8 of 103
Tyler is pretty contemptible. Still don't feel bad about knocking you out in the machine pitch dugout you little fuck.
post #9 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Obnoxious English names. Some that come to mind:

Abner
Baldrick
Alistair
Archibald
Padgett
Willoughby.

I LOVE these names. Alistair is one of my faves. I'll have to have you name my kid by picking the one you hate most.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill View Post
Tyler is pretty contemptible. Still don't feel bad about knocking you out in the machine pitch dugout you little fuck.

Yes Tyler or Taylor I don't like. I don't like beachy sounding names like Dylan or Brett either.
post #10 of 103
Gavin, Ian, Colin, and all those other "OH HAI BROZ MY DADZ THE SOCCER COACH" names. Fuck you.
post #11 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
So many different names and it is hard to comment on anything but English names, however, I don't like the way most asian names sound.

Off the top of my head, the name Carl has never been easy for me to say.

If I have boys I will give them old skool names like Xavier, Montgomery, Frederick. Though for girls I think it would be a bit cruel to give them a name like Gwenovere.
i had a business meeting a few months ago in which every guy in the room, except for yours truly, had a one syllable name. everyone was either a mike, a steve, a todd, a brad, a bob, etc... i'm usually good at remembering people's names, but in this case i was lost.

i don't dislike frederick for being old skool,. i just dislike the sound.

xavier is a great name, but i don't recommend it for your son. it is basque, and unless your son speaks basque, french, or spanish, he will live his life mispronouncing his own name. "zay-vee-er" sounds ugly.
post #12 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill View Post
Tyler is pretty contemptible. Still don't feel bad about knocking you out in the machine pitch dugout you little fuck.
yes. that's what i'm talking about.
post #13 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
xavier is a great name, but i don't recommend it for your son. it is basque, and unless your son speaks basque, french, or spanish, he will live his life mispronouncing his own name. "zay-vee-er" sounds ugly.

It would be pronounced however I say it would be, which would be Ex-zay-vyoor, only problem with the name is what the hell would be a nickname? I'd have to choose one that looks distinguished on a resume but can have a few nicknames to choose from. Or maybe I could afrofy it by going ExAHYvyahTAYshawn.
post #14 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
It would be pronounced however I say it would be, which would be Ex-zay-vyoor

yuck. stick with frederick.
post #15 of 103
Only sea monsters with buttons for nostrils should be named Cecil.

Horton hears a who would name their kid that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › names we dislike