or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Gun Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gun Appreciation Thread - Page 186

post #2776 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I need to get a small, narrow profile revolver. Been thinking of one of those airframes for years.

You're talking about a S&W correct? Good reliable guns for sure.

Edit:

I have a Ruger LCR with tritum night sights in 38 Special that serves as a CCW gun. It's light but it's a DAO only gun which you might not like.
post #2777 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

You're talking about a S&W correct? Good reliable guns for sure.

Yup, those would be the ones. Been thinking about one for nearly 10 years since I got my first handgun. I do not carry often, only when there's a disturbance in the Force at work, and have thought one of those might be good to conceal in dress clothes.
post #2778 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

It will over penetrate causing structural damage to your dwelling that could well cause it to collapse. happy.gif

 

You don't want to associate yourself with Crane. 

post #2779 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

You don't want to associate yourself with Crane. 

I was not associating with anyone but just making light of the last few pages. Sometimes a joke is just a joke.
post #2780 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


I was not associating with anyone

 

That's good to know.

post #2781 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

The gun itself is fine. Just make sure you can shoot it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

If it's at all possible shoot one first. You might find it doesn't fit your hand or is difficult to manipulate. Since you said you're a complete noob my first inclination is you should be looking at a revolver as your first gun.

I've shot the 19 before at the range and I was not very accurate with it at all. I mean, I managed to hit the body targets at 25 yards, but I just wasn't hitting the chest or making consistent head shots.

I'm still not very familiar with how I'm supposed to aim the sight, but I very much so liked how the gun felt in my hands. I know there are sooo many other options out there and I'm inclined to try out other models.. but then I feel like I'd just fall down a rat hole of testing pistol after pistol when I'm confident the glock will suit my needs and wants just fine.

I'm not a big fan of revolvers, so I'm gonna pass on those.
post #2782 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I need to get a small, narrow profile revolver. Been thinking of one of those airframes for years.

I had a S&W 642 j-frame and honestly, it was my least favorite firearm I've owned. There's no doubt that they are a proven and popular weapon, and you might have shot one already and liked it - but if not and you have the opportunity to rent one before buying, that's always a huge plus. Without getting into the advantages/disadvantages of either, if you're willing to consider something other than a revolver I would strongly consider two guns from Kahr, the P380 and the PM9. I have the 380 and really enjoy shooting it. It's very easy to be accurate with given its size, and is damn near weightless when I wear it with an inside the waistband holster. It will also fit comfortably in your pocket. He compares it to the 642 in this video so you can get an idea of the size.
post #2783 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post



I've shot the 19 before at the range and I was not very accurate with it at all. I mean, I managed to hit the body targets at 25 yards, but I just wasn't hitting the chest or making consistent head shots.

I'm still not very familiar with how I'm supposed to aim the sight, but I very much so liked how the gun felt in my hands. I know there are sooo many other options out there and I'm inclined to try out other models.. but then I feel like I'd just fall down a rat hole of testing pistol after pistol when I'm confident the glock will suit my needs and wants just fine.

I'm not a big fan of revolvers, so I'm gonna pass on those.

 

Take a course, man. Best thing you can do is to find a reliable gun, and practice with it consistently. The GLOCK 19 is reliable as fuck. I carried one as a contractor for 2+ years in Iraq, and even in those conditions, it never failed with reasonable maintenance. But it all depends on how you shoot it. Some people just don't like em, and I'm not one to argue with that. All I know is I have been effective with them. 

post #2784 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


I had a S&W 642 j-frame and honestly, it was my least favorite firearm I've owned.

 

I agree. I have a 438 and it's a bitch to shoot. Definitely NOT for a beginning shooter. On the other hand, it's reliable and accurate. Just takes some doing to shoot well. But then, I practice with is constantly.

post #2785 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

That's good to know.

LOL! More selective quoting eh? Poor baby, are you still mad? Would you like a tissue? What happened to that back and forth is pointless thing you said? I know, you just couldn't resist right? LOL!
post #2786 of 3075

Enough, Mr. Mystery Background.

post #2787 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Enough, Mr. Mystery Background.

This isn't the military and you aren't in control. If you want it to end then shut your trap and do what you already said you were going to do. If you want to keep trolling and taking cheap shots at me expect a like kind response.
post #2788 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

I had a S&W 642 j-frame and honestly, it was my least favorite firearm I've owned. There's no doubt that they are a proven and popular weapon, and you might have shot one already and liked it - but if not and you have the opportunity to rent one before buying, that's always a huge plus. Without getting into the advantages/disadvantages of either, if you're willing to consider something other than a revolver I would strongly consider two guns from Kahr, the P380 and the PM9. I have the 380 and really enjoy shooting it. It's very easy to be accurate with given its size, and is damn near weightless when I wear it with an inside the waistband holster. It will also fit comfortably in your pocket. He compares it to the 642 in this video so you can get an idea of the size.

I have a Kahr already:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I love it, everyone that has ever seen and handled it loves it, and that little .380 might be just the ticket. Thanks.
post #2789 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post


This isn't the military and you aren't in control. If you want it to end then shut your trap and do what you already said you were going to do. If you want to keep trolling and taking cheap shots at me expect a like kind response.

 

lol This isn't a competition. Stay in your lane.

post #2790 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Enough, Mr. Mystery Background.

You sound like an ass
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Gun Appreciation Thread