or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Gun Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gun Appreciation Thread - Page 161

post #2401 of 3111
You guys must have ham hands. Berettas are made well but design wise the 92 series generally feel like boat anchors to me.
post #2402 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

You guys must have ham hands. Berettas are made well but design wise the 92 series generally feel like boat anchors to me.

agreed. My father in law just bought one. Kept telling me how comfy it was to shoot...When i got my hands on it i HATED it. made very well, but heavy as hell and too cumbersome to me. And im a huge glock fanboy.
post #2403 of 3111
my go to CCW recently has been my sig 238...love the size, love the build, etc. great little gun for sure. I just dont really like the caliber. I saw the new version in 9mm (P938) and really liked it...but it lists over 800, at that price, i wonder if it would be a better move to move on up to a colt new agent...similar size, and round capacity, but in 45ACP.
Any thoughts on the New Agent or the Sig P938?
post #2404 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

my go to CCW recently has been my sig 238...love the size, love the build, etc. great little gun for sure. I just dont really like the caliber. I saw the new version in 9mm (P938) and really liked it...but it lists over 800, at that price, i wonder if it would be a better move to move on up to a colt new agent...similar size, and round capacity, but in 45ACP.
Any thoughts on the New Agent or the Sig P938?

The New Agent isn't a small gun. The 938 is a great gun. Personally there is nothing wrong with a 380 as long as you have good ammo in it. In the winter I run the BB 100 grain solids in my 238. Penetration is not an issue. That stuff goes right through 31 inches of gel. In the summer any good hollowpoint or a mix of HPs and BB solids works just fine. Too much emphasis is made on caliber size and knockdown power. The real emphasis should always be on shot placement and multiple hits in rapid succession.
post #2405 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

my go to CCW recently has been my sig 238...love the size, love the build, etc. great little gun for sure. I just dont really like the caliber. I saw the new version in 9mm (P938) and really liked it...but it lists over 800, at that price, i wonder if it would be a better move to move on up to a colt new agent...similar size, and round capacity, but in 45ACP.
Any thoughts on the New Agent or the Sig P938?

Good to hear some love for the p238 because that's what I'm looking at potentially for a carry gun. I've seen deals on the 938 that put it closer to $600, but the 938 is still new, so I think the price will stay high for some time yet.
post #2406 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

The New Agent isn't a small gun. The 938 is a great gun. Personally there is nothing wrong with a 380 as long as you have good ammo in it. In the winter I run the BB 100 grain solids in my 238. Penetration is not an issue. That stuff goes right through 31 inches of gel. In the summer any good hollowpoint or a mix of HPs and BB solids works just fine. Too much emphasis is made on caliber size and knockdown power. The real emphasis should always be on shot placement and multiple hits in rapid succession.
true, the NA isnt as small as the 938, but its pretty damn little and easy to carry. Im very confident in my shooting, and i spend a lot of time with a gun before i carry with it. So if im equally accurate with rapid shots on a .380/9mm/.45.....why not pick the bigger caliber?

FWIW i dont mind carrying a 380 at all. but stepping up to a larger caliber may be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Good to hear some love for the p238 because that's what I'm looking at potentially for a carry gun. I've seen deals on the 938 that put it closer to $600, but the 938 is still new, so I think the price will stay high for some time yet.

i cant tell you how much i like the 238. Originally i had planned on an LCP_..just wanted a pockey .380. I spent time with the ruger, the bodyguard, diamondback, taurus, etc. They all felt crappy and cheap....no sights, and the trigger pull was uncomfortable. When i held the 238, i was sold. quality built, great 3 dot sights, and a fantastic trigger. If youre considering a .380, IMHO its the best choice. more money, but worth it.
post #2407 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

You guys must have ham hands. Berettas are made well but design wise the 92 series generally feel like boat anchors to me.


Yes, I agree. But the 92 is great in conjunction with a suppressor.

post #2408 of 3111

Berettas are so massive to me that I couldn't even imagine carrying one. My daily CCW is a Glock 19 and even that is proving to be a little large now that I've started wearing tighter-fitting (read: PROPERLY fitting) clothing. 

post #2409 of 3111

Don't forget that not everyone carries concealed  .  .  .

post #2410 of 3111
Felt this was relevant here. Been listening to it repeatedly lately. Great song.
post #2411 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Don't forget that not everyone carries concealed  .  .  .

Assuming you're talking about private citizens and not people who carry for a living such as military and police... It certainly wasn't my intention to spark an OC vs CCW debate. For me and my specific set of circumstances I prefer to be concealed. smile.gif

post #2412 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

true, the NA isnt as small as the 938, but its pretty damn little and easy to carry. Im very confident in my shooting, and i spend a lot of time with a gun before i carry with it. So if im equally accurate with rapid shots on a .380/9mm/.45.....why not pick the bigger caliber?

FWIW i dont mind carrying a 380 at all. but stepping up to a larger caliber may be fun.
i cant tell you how much i like the 238. Originally i had planned on an LCP_..just wanted a pockey .380. I spent time with the ruger, the bodyguard, diamondback, taurus, etc. They all felt crappy and cheap....no sights, and the trigger pull was uncomfortable. When i held the 238, i was sold. quality built, great 3 dot sights, and a fantastic trigger. If youre considering a .380, IMHO its the best choice. more money, but worth it.

The two best triggers on small 380s IMO are the Kahr P380 and the Sig 238.
post #2413 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

The two best triggers on small 380s IMO are the Kahr P380 and the Sig 238.

the kahr felt fantastic. It was a strong contender for me, but i found i preferred the design of the 238.....I wanted something kinda 1911-ish again.
post #2414 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

You guys must have ham hands. Berettas are made well but design wise the 92 series generally feel like boat anchors to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

agreed. My father in law just bought one. Kept telling me how comfy it was to shoot...When i got my hands on it i HATED it. made very well, but heavy as hell and too cumbersome to me. And im a huge glock fanboy.

To me it's not too heavy or cumbersome. It's a full size semi automatic pistol that balances and shoots very well. In the realm of things I don't consider it to be a good candidate for CCW but I have carried it in that role already. It's winter so worn with a decent belt slide holster under a heavy winter coat works well. In any case this gun will be used in a role where it will be carried openly. CCW capable was not a factor in my decision to buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZsundevil View Post

Berettas are so massive to me that I couldn't even imagine carrying one. My daily CCW is a Glock 19 and even that is proving to be a little large now that I've started wearing tighter-fitting (read: PROPERLY fitting) clothing. 

Tighter fitting clothes does not mean properly fitted. What is considered a proper fit is dependent on a lot of things. When it comes to CCW that has to be factored into what you wear and how you wear it. Back in the day I used to get away with concealing a 6 inch barreled S&W N frame Highway Patrolman. Pulling that off was no easy task and I learned very quickly it was far easier to hide full sized semi autos. Basically if you want to carry concealed successfully you learn how to dress around the gun whatever it may be.
post #2415 of 3111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

To me it's not too heavy or cumbersome. It's a full size semi automatic pistol that balances and shoots very well. In the realm of things I don't consider it to be a good candidate for CCW but I have carried it in that role already. It's winter so worn with a decent belt slide holster under a heavy winter coat works well. In any case this gun will be used in a role where it will be carried openly. CCW capable was not a factor in my decision to buy it.

Quite true. Personally, every gun i consider owning I want to be able to carry it concealed. I guess I feel like its getting used more instead of just sitting on the nightstand. Im sure its a great shooter..with that weight and the 9mm caliber...I just prefer the feel of my glocks..maybe ive spent so much time with them most other stuff just feels uncomfortable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Gun Appreciation Thread