or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread - Page 128

post #1906 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnnanigins View Post
"...."

Great review, @Shawnnanigins, I just wish there was an oversized version of this style of bag for men!

 

Perhaps the hardware/closures on the bag could be modified to create a more rugged aesthetic, more suited to use by men looking to buy a stylish carry-all that happily moves between business casual and leisure.

 

At the moment, I'm trying to find my "ultimate" tote that I can dedicate to a streamlined daily carry for wherever, whenever, but this doctor's bag has given me pause for thought.

 

Thoughts, Roman and Jenn?

post #1907 of 1934

@Margaret Ng sure thing! 

 

For reference I'm 5'2".

 

Photo with the long strap on the smallest setting. 

 

 

With my custom strap. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm also adding photos of the back side of the bag, where you can see the leather is starting to crease a little. The type of wear to be expected for this kind of bag, I presume. 

 

 

post #1908 of 1934

While we're talking about Linjer's women's line, my girlfriend just got her tote (she got the navy) and she's obsessed with it. She says the quality of the leather and the finishing is comparable to Hermes. (She has expensive taste, unlucky for me). She was also really impressed with the packaging. It's her new everyday bag and a few of her colleagues have also bought some after seeing her carry it at work. Great job, guys. I'm looking forward to the watches! Still on track for November delivery?

post #1909 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

Any updates on the gift for the first 250 backers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linjer View Post

Hi there,

It's still work in progress, some details have yet to be confirmed on our end.  
We'll message relevant backers directly after the surveys are done this week smile.gif Are you one of them? If that's the case thank you for backing our campaign!

Cheers,


Roman
Co-founder

Just following up.
post #1910 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman83 View Post

While we're talking about Linjer's women's line, my girlfriend just got her tote (she got the navy) and she's obsessed with it. She says the quality of the leather and the finishing is comparable to Hermes. (She has expensive taste, unlucky for me). She was also really impressed with the packaging. It's her new everyday bag and a few of her colleagues have also bought some after seeing her carry it at work. Great job, guys. I'm looking forward to the watches! Still on track for November delivery?

That's actually so funny because I said exactly the same thing about the Tote in an email to Jenn! My girlfriend loves it, and takes it to work often. The stitching and leather are of supreme quality, with flawless stitching as far as I can tell. The leather is marbled slightly, just enough that you know the bag will wear well with time. It's the perfect size for work (can fit a 13" laptop with ease), and the strap is the perfect length for carrying on the shoulder. Her colleagues are all asking about it too.

Speaking of the packaging, I'm sorry but even Hermes has to move aside on this front. The Tote came in hands down THE nicest packaging I've seen of any product I've ever bought (luxury or otherwise) and it was truly a joy to unpack. I made sure to pack it up nicely so my girlfriend could have the same experience!

Anyways, Jenn and Roman have really outdone themselves this time. Bravo!

Here is the navy tote with a mini Delvaux keychain


Edited by goobus - 9/28/16 at 12:55am
post #1911 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post


Just following up.

In addition to this, how will it work for those who were offered a watch strap in return for filling out the pre-launch survey?
post #1912 of 1934
 

 

 

I'm also adding photos of the back side of the bag, where you can see the leather is starting to crease a little. The type of wear to be expected for this kind of bag, I presume. 

 

 

 

The style of leather they're using is not the 'plastic' hard type of leather you get in cheaper bags. Ironically, the cheaper type of leather holds better, but does not feel, smell and develop a personality like this one. You can also use leather lotion to make it look better over time. 

post #1913 of 1934

Shawn,

 

How much does this bag weigh btw? My crossbody bag is super light and I was hoping this one is too.

post #1914 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by goobus View Post


That's actually so funny because I said exactly the same thing about the Tote in an email to Jenn! My girlfriend loves it, and takes it to work often. The stitching and leather are of supreme quality, with flawless stitching as far as I can tell. The leather is marbled slightly, just enough that you know the bag will wear well with time. It's the perfect size for work (can fit a 13" laptop with ease), and the strap is the perfect length for carrying on the shoulder. Her colleagues are all asking about it too.

Speaking of the packaging, I'm sorry but even Hermes has to move aside on this front. The Tote came in hands down THE nicest packaging I've seen of any product I've ever bought (luxury or otherwise) and it was truly a joy to unpack. I made sure to pack it up nicely so my girlfriend could have the same experience!

Anyways, Jenn and Roman have really outdone themselves this time. Bravo!

Here is the navy tote with a mini Delvaux keychain

My wife has the same bag, but in the "bright navy" which is closer in color the Delvaux keychain you have there.  It's a nice bag, for sure.  iirc, it's among the first bags that are made in Italy, right? 

post #1915 of 1934

http://issara.co/

I have the impression they are copying Linjer

post #1916 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruges View Post

http://issara.co/
I have the impression they are copying Linjer

Agree but I don't think it's all vegetable tanned.
post #1917 of 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruges View Post

http://issara.co/
I have the impression they are copying Linjer

It's not just these guys. I've noticed several companies pop up recently trying to copy Linjer's business model... Must mean Linjer is doing something right. wink.gif
post #1918 of 1934

Giving customers value for money will never go out of style, but walking the walk is much harder than talking the talk.

 

What Linjer had going for them when they started was an endorsement by Rach2jlc, he of the epic manbag threads. It also helps that they severely underestimated how much padding they had to put in their prices for spoilage, returns and so on, and the bags and leather goods were an absolute steal.

post #1919 of 1934
Congrats on the CNN Money article, you guys are big time now! smile.gif

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/22/smallbusiness/linjer-bags-jennifer-chong/index.html
post #1920 of 1934
Hi,

I was part of the original crew that got in on your early bird special(briefcase, card case and portfolio). Would you offer early backer discounts on additional leather good purchases?

Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread