First, we’d like to thank you. We’ve been lurking for the last year, perusing any and all leather bag-related threads to better understand your experiences when it comes to purchasing a leather bag. SF is a wonderful community, and your discussions have really guided us through our journey of developing our brand.
Now, we’re excited to finally introduce ourselves!
We are Roman and Jenn, the founders of Linjer.
Linjer offers fine leather goods without the luxury markup.
We started Linjer because of Roman’s own personal pain point. He was looking for a high-quality leather briefcase for work. He wanted a briefcase made of vegetable-tanned leather without conspicuous logos and with minimalist, modern design. He couldn’t find something he liked for less than $1,000.
Why are briefcases so impossibly expensive? After a bit of research, we learned that luxury brands often mark up their leather goods by 10 times. That made us think: why don’t we start our own brand, sell directly to customers and cut out all the other bloat? Then, more people (including ourselves and our friends) could actually afford to buy a high-quality leather briefcase.
So that’s exactly what we did. After 18 months in development, we’re proud to present our men’s collection on Kickstarter, launching in early October. After that we will launch our online store.
This is what Linjer is about, in short:
- Full-grain, vegetable-tanned leather. Hides originate from Central Europe and are tanned in Turkey with extracts from chestnut, quebracho and mimosa. The leather is custom-made for us, smells sweet and develops a patina over time.
- YKK Excella zippers. The very best from YKK.
- Stellar craftsmanship. We work with a fantastic manufacturer that also works with other highly-respected brands.
- Minimalist, classic design. We design every product in-house and we keep our logos discreet.
- Exceptional value. If our products came out of the factory with a luxury label on them, they would easily cost 3 to 4 times as much.
Leather bags need to be maintained, and we’re working with the German company Collonil to develop a line of leather care products specifically for Linjer.
Here are some photos of our collection (soft briefcase, satchel, messenger, cardholder and portfolio):
Our products will be significantly discounted for the Kickstarter campaign (and early birds get an even better deal), so be sure to subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on social media to be the first to know when we launch.
We’d love to hear your feedback and we welcome any questions you have!
Roman and Jenn
PS “Linjer” (pronounced like “liin-yir”) means “lines” in Norwegian; half of our 2-person team is from Norway