or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › one of the best "sartoria" of Italy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

one of the best "sartoria" of Italy - Page 3

post #31 of 44
The problem I have, is the very strange combination of double-breasted and patch pockets.

Admittedly, it might have been the customer's choice, but shouldn't a caring tailor, have talked his customer out of it?
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Milan is a horrendous city.
Why would you say that? I like Milan a lot.
post #33 of 44
That's a recurrent debate on this forum especially when we do receive some bespoke shoe pictures...

Is it the role of the artisan to guide the customer ? Yes...
To influence and impose his diktat? No....

First ,a real artisan likes a good challenge and new concepts,designs and ideas are challenging their skills...
Also the Bespoke world ,the made to measure is a very personalized microsociety where people are paying a lot of money to see their dreams coming true...

As a customer ,you tend to be impressed at the first visit and after you have to learn how to give directions and advices....
post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
The problem I have, is the very strange combination of double-breasted and patch pockets.

Admittedly, it might have been the customer's choice, but shouldn't a caring tailor, have talked his customer out of it?

I don't see why. DB patch can be very attractive. I probably would not get it in dark worsted, but I would get (and have gotten) it in other fabrics.
post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Why would you say that? I like Milan a lot.

Me too.
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Me too.
+2. Great and underrated city.
post #37 of 44
I'm taking mrs Lasbareilles to Florence this christmas after Venice...

Last trip,i bought a Kiton after reading Style Forum..This time.......................

I'm in debtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I don't see why. DB patch can be very attractive. I probably would not get it in dark worsted, but I would get (and have gotten) it in other fabrics.

+1
post #39 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
The problem I have, is the very strange combination of double-breasted and patch pockets.

Admittedly, it might have been the customer's choice, but shouldn't a caring tailor, have talked his customer out of it?
The case is as follows. The decision to use patch pockets was made together with the tailor. The fabric is pure Irish linen. Under consideration of the fabric, we want to give a sporty touch to the suit. H.
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaux_le_Vicomte View Post
The case is as follows. The decision to use patch pockets was made together with the tailor. The fabric is pure Irish linen. Under consideration of the fabric, we want to give a sporty touch to the suit.
H.

You and your tailor made a good choice.
post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
100% by hand minus the collar at least:


Lapels that are 100% hand made (including padding) are a 50% extra cost option (not standard or unavailable) with Sciamat. I know this because I saw pictures with 100% hand made lapels and pictures with mostly (75%) hand made lapels with some machine stitching like in that picture on Sciamat's website (such as the picture above) and on many other websites (all of which state everything in this paragraph).

Lapels that are 100% hand made (including padding) are a 50% extra cost option (not standard or unavailable) with all of the only three branches of Caraceni worldwide that are equally true Caraceni (Augusto/Mario in Milan, Domenico/Guilio and Tommy in Rome and Ferdinando in Milan). I know this because on all of the websites for Caraceni and on many other websites I saw pictures with 100% hand made lapels and pictures with mostly (75%) hand made lapels with some machine stitching (like in that picture from Sciamat's website above). Also, all of the many miscellaneous websites state that all three of these branches of Caraceni make the lapels mostly (75%) by hand with 100% hand made lapels a 50% extra cost option (Caraceni’s websites simply state that the 100% hand made lapels are an extra cost option).

Lapels that are 100% hand made (including padding) are a 50% extra cost option (not standard or unavailable) with Nino Corvato and Raphael Raffaelli. I know this because I saw pictures with 100% hand made lapels and pictures with mostly (75%) hand made lapels with some machine stitching (like in that picture from Sciamat's website above) on many miscellaneous websites that also all state everything in this paragraph (Corvato and Raffaelli do not have their own websites).
post #42 of 44
He's baaack
post #43 of 44
Short interview with Mr Ricci. http://welldressed.blogg.se/2009/feb...ino-ricci.html Interesting fact: Mr Ricci is an attorney and in 2002 he opened a Sartoria. He learned how to cut bespoke on his own without learning as an apprentice at a tailor. His story is quite peculiar if not unique in the world.
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaux_le_Vicomte View Post
.. both have the same problem ... the cutters and tailors are others ... so you can have a great suit if you get the right on.

Yes, but everything is exclusively done by the employees that are in house or on the premises.

Absolutely nothing is farmed out to be done by anybody anywhere off the premises or out of house (nada, zero, zilch).

In fact, all of the above is the case (it always has been and it always will be, that will never change) with all custom accessory, clothing and footwear makers throughout Italy (including Campagna and all branches of Caraceni).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › one of the best "sartoria" of Italy