or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › any cheaper similar versions of john mayer's gq jacket?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

any cheaper similar versions of john mayer's gq jacket? - Page 2

post #16 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghulkhan View Post
that jacket is the Nom De Guerre M65. Last year it was priced at about 550. This year its close to 800 like you said. The price hike is ridiculous...
no, it's $640 through brigade, which means it should be less at the store. not sure by how much (considering the store is usually cheaper than their distributor stores). Not sure what warranted the price hike though. http://blog.clothingbrigade.com/
post #17 of 38
It was $560 at Stel's last year, when I got mine - from what I can tell without having handled this year's model in person, it's exactly the same jacket. Cheapest price anywhere (list price was $620.) All the details look identical.

Oh, you suckers Sorry, just felt like gloating that I jumped on this ASAP after it landed for the first time.

The price at NdG is typically not the lowest, ime. This year, the list price is $760 or so, considerably higher than at Brigade...
post #18 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post
no, it's $640 through brigade, which means it should be less at the store. not sure by how much (considering the store is usually cheaper than their distributor stores). Not sure what warranted the price hike though.

http://blog.clothingbrigade.com/


that might be brigade only but its definately 785 at the NDG store

Thanks for the link though. This saves me about 150 if I decide to get it...
post #19 of 38
I prefer this:

post #20 of 38
The Rag & Bone jacket. Very nice as well, but a much different feel, much more "Deadwood" than military-inspired.
post #21 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghulkhan View Post
that might be brigade only but its definately 785 at the NDG store

Thanks for the link though. This saves me about 150 if I decide to get it...

holy fuck, so 785+NYC sales tax is completely insane
post #22 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post
holy fuck, so 785+NYC sales tax is completely insane
Given last year's 560.. I'd have to go with "completely ludicrous." I really like the jacket too. Ah well.
post #23 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
Given last year's 560.. I'd have to go with "completely ludicrous." I really like the jacket too. Ah well.

To be accurate, it was $560 at Stels, anD $620 everywhere else. And given that it sold out in days, $800 retail is not unreasonable. I mean, beyond what I am comfortable with, but supply and demand and my lack of being rich qualifies me to be SOL. The brand is really gathering steam.
post #24 of 38
I will not rehash the "omgomgomg price increases sux!!!111" debate though the whole situation is a bit off-putting. Then again, if I was NDG, I'd charge as much as I could get dumbasses to pay.. y'know? Oh, and a quick edit - thanks for the Stels recommendation. Jon and Tina are awesome. Picked up SSV and NDG shirts from them.
post #25 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
To be accurate, it was $560 at Stels, anD $620 everywhere else. And given that it sold out in days, $800 retail is not unreasonable. I mean, beyond what I am comfortable with, but supply and demand and my lack of being rich qualifies me to be SOL. The brand is really gathering steam.

I'm confused as to why it's more expensive at the stores taking into account NDG's seemingly stringent attitude on their distributors concerning the pricing and no sales rules (which obviously wasn't followed, but you'd think they would make the stores jack the price for brand name sake).
post #26 of 38
I am liking the heathered crewneck and burgundy polka scarf. Potential pickups, my buddy ordered a ton of the outerwear for fall. I liked the mac kennedy but I found out it was belted so that's a no go.
post #27 of 38
the heathered sweater in brown and grey??
I was thinking that too..its 295 at Circle Boutique in DC
post #28 of 38
Did Circle get their NDG in?
post #29 of 38
yea some of it but she didnt put it out yet. You can ask her and she has it in the back.
they have the sweater, some big ass coat, the hooded deconstructed toggle jacket..some other stuff

They also got BoO
post #30 of 38
Current season Nom de Guerre is on the floor at Stels ( www.stelsinc.com ). Tina told me that it should be on the website shortly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › any cheaper similar versions of john mayer's gq jacket?