or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion - Page 1819  

post #27271 of 38322
Thanks for the compliments, everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan View Post
I don't understand how what I'm wearing is vastly different from the stuff that robbie posts (and always gets high marks for). You really mean to tell me that that has nothing to do with sf-approved brands?
Robbie looks eons better than you. Try to take your mind out of your body, disassociating your critical eye from what you are wearing, and be as objective as possible to see why. If that isn't possible, lurk more. A human body is not a mannequin. Admittedly, a part of it may also be photography quality. Your outfit was certainly not the worst we've ever seen on here.
post #27272 of 38322
I looked at his picture again and realized I would have been better off reading the description; imagining better pieces. Oh, well.
post #27273 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post
I could probably fit inside Eason (no, not that way). But I do own a BR shirt that formerly belonged to him.
When I quoted this, you hadn't edited it yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post
I'm trying to like Dusty's last fit more, but I can't get beyond the massive gloves. Everything is so trim and lanky, then I get to the gloves and think "Dusty smash!" instead of "wow those are cool." They make it harder for me to view the outfit as a cohesive ensemble rather than an assortment of clothes. I do like the color palette though.
+1 on this, I'm not a fan of the jeans. They're shiny and relaxed on him below the thigh, I feel like his calves must be so small and delicate or something.
post #27274 of 38322
If you really think it's just because of the brands and it makes you feel better than think that. I didn't even notice the brands until after i looked at the fit. Most of the time robbie knows what he's posting is mediocre at best. His last fit was pretty solid though. The jeans fit well, the red vans made sense in the fit, and the vibe he gets with that f2 jacket worn open is pretty solid. A lot of times robbie just posts fits as he goes to work at a place that makes him wear khakis and a red shirt every day too. The cuffs look kind of strange and out of place, not to mention it's just a very juvenile outfit concept. I mean, this is the kind of stuff i pulled as a high schooler/freshman in college at the american eagle sales rack because it was cheap and i didn't really care how i looked. That's how it comes across, which to me is unfortunate because by being a member on this forum, you obviously do care about how you look. Wow. Did bamchairdance really just say that?
post #27275 of 38322
themidship- You're wearing a shirt, jeans and lace-ups dude. There's not that much going on. It all fits fine, but it's not exactly terribly exciting. What else do you want him to say?

Johnathan- Robbie's fits are on a different level than yours, and they don't always get high marks. The difference between what you just posted and what Robbie last posted is pretty visible. You're not wearing one item of clothing that I could say "I like this" or "This looks nice" about. There is no synergistic effect; the sum of the parts is no greater than the pieces individually. This has nothing to do with "SF approved". In terms of these pieces, you could be wearing brands that no one on SF has ever heard of or a fit made of pieces from Urban Outfitters and Abercrombie and Fitch. Many of the regular posters have incorporated these brands into their outfits. Its the fit, style and quality of clothing, not the brand.
post #27276 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
If you really think it's just because of the brands and it makes you feel better than think that. I didn't even notice the brands until after i looked at the fit. Most of the time robbie knows what he's posting is mediocre at best. His last fit was pretty solid though. The jeans fit well, the red vans made sense in the fit, and the vibe he gets with that f2 jacket worn open is pretty solid. A lot of times robbie just posts fits as he goes to work at a place that makes him wear khakis and a red shirt every day too.

The cuffs look kind of strange and out of place, not to mention it's just a very juvenile outfit concept. I mean, this is the kind of stuff i pulled as a high schooler/freshman in college at the american eagle sales rack because it was cheap and i didn't really care how i looked. That's how it comes across, which to me is unfortunate because by being a member on this forum, you obviously do care about how you look.
Things like this are at least what I'm looking for, i.e. specific things that you think don't look good.

I suppose it is juvenile.
post #27277 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post

cap
surplus
thrifted ringer tee
levis 511 twills
walton plimsols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan View Post


Polo shirt: Lacoste
Track top: FP
Jeans: Levi's
Shoes: Vans (I know I'll probably catch shit for these)

this really just isn't fair...
post #27278 of 38322
Unfair to robbie or unfair to Johnathan?
post #27279 of 38322
You look like every college kid who doesn't care about clothes or looking good. I appreciate a really wide variety of styles and aesthetics. You don't have a style or aesthetic though. You're what people in sears catalogs wear. If you want to play that little game, why are you here? You obviously have a fundamental understanding of clothing, style, and fashion. Take that ugly track jacket, shitty looking jeans, and middle schools sneakers and rock that shit forever. It's a look that will only get better with age robbie- Keep with that 511 fit. Makes your outfits a lot better imo. They're pretty much a perfect fit on you. Correction to earlier. That's a m65, not a f2 jacket. I don't know why i always thought it was an f2
post #27280 of 38322
Johnathan -- I mean, I don't think your fit is terrible by any means, just the pieces themselves. And you might try to emulate robbie but like Toru said, it's not really fair considering his last post "killed" it.
post #27281 of 38322
unfair as in its not even close between the two robbie kilt it
post #27282 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
You look like every college kid who doesn't care about clothes or looking good. I appreciate a really wide variety of styles and aesthetics. You don't have a style or aesthetic though. You're what people in sears catalogs wear. If you want to play that little game, why are you here? You obviously have a fundamental understanding of clothing, style, and fashion. Take that ugly track jacket, shitty looking jeans, and middle schools sneakers and rock that shit forever. It's a look that will only get better with age
I'm here to figure out what I like and what I think looks good. Clothes are a relatively new interest for me, (i.e. months, not years), so I'm still just feeling everything out. That's why I'm here, to learn about this stuff. Everyone starts somewhere (except for maybe Phat Guido). From the tone of your post it seems like I'm coming off like a dick, but I'm not entirely sure how. I'm here for constructive criticism, even if that means "throw everything away".
post #27283 of 38322


Painfully boring. But I've posted some, so I figure it's only fair to have a WAYWT post.

Face and collar excluded due to lack of tripod. Camera + chair can only do so much. The shirt is a henley. Wooo.
post #27284 of 38322
this dick sucking fest that has become waywt is getting discusting.
post #27285 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToruOkada View Post
unfair as in its not even close between the two

robbie kilt it
I wasn't trying to knock what robbie wears, he's just an example of someone whose style I find accessible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion