or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion - Page 1615  

post #24211 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
please explain Teger- I am growing a beard, or trying to atleast. Part of this is not shaving. I realize I have the beard growing skills of a 14 yr old... but yeah.
Strength in numbers, man. I was growing my beard out for 4 and a half weeks and it looked terrible. Just gets long, whispy, and patchy but i stick with it. One of these days......
post #24212 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Strength in numbers, man. I was growing my beard out for 4 and a half weeks and it looked terrible. Just gets long, whispy, and patchy but i stick with it. One of these days......

Ah, the pedo-beard! Grow that baby with pride.
post #24213 of 38322


who am I kidding, I look retarded trying to look GQ, i better just stick to smiling .



Jacket and vest will be the theme for the next few weeks, things are starting to cool down here in the ATX.

post #24214 of 38322
where did you get the khaki blazer?

John

ps. looks awesome!
post #24215 of 38322
No on the jacket and vest. How about a thicker tie knot? That looks like a four-in-hand, you might try and more substantial tie and knot given the shirt collar.
post #24216 of 38322
That and actually doing up the collar. At the very least step up to a pratt knot. I'm not a huge fan of the dress shirt / jean thing in this instance, though not against it in theory, it could be the incongruity provided by a noticeable lack of belt.
post #24217 of 38322
you guys are right. i see now that the tie is really off. looks like i have a black noose around my neck. ok lets go over the check list here.

1. bigger tie knot
2. button up collar
3. wear belt

not sure how much of difference it will make but i will defintely try them all on the same outfit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwn2Race View Post
where did you get the khaki blazer?

John

ps. looks awesome!

jacket is from yesstyle $100, not the best quality, (but i have 16" shoulders and a 34inch chest) yesstyle is the only place i can get stuff that fits, beggars cant be choosers..
post #24218 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqreader239 View Post
you guys are right. i see now that the tie is really off. looks like i have a black noose around my neck. ok lets go over the check list here.

1. bigger tie knot
2. button up collar
3. wear belt

not sure how much of difference it will make but i will defintely try them all on the same outfit again.



jacket is from yesstyle $100, not the best quality, (but i have 16" shoulders and a 34inch chest) yesstyle is the only place i can get stuff that fits, beggars cant be choosers..

Jacket fits great. Tie is alright, but a knit tie would do you better. Yes on a belt.

Also get a better fitting shirt. You can tell it doesn't sit right in the collar and around the waist. Either a clean tuck, or a shirt that's short enough so you don't need to tuck.
post #24219 of 38322
I'd also get a shirt without a breast pocket, but that's my taste. I'd also go for a more fitted shirt, especially around the stomach, but then again I like my clothes to be so fitted that they're risk factors for a cardiac event.
post #24220 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Again, really dug this until the Andean beanie. It's far too etched in my mind by its overuse by "trendy" mall stores. I feel like it needs a few more years until it becomes a more eclectic piece and therefore a safer play. Maybe a flannel or wool hat would work here. I'd even say earflaps would be ok since there is a strong enough outdoors vibe to not make it look too gimmicky.

Still, very solid. I look forward to seeing more.

replying to this a little late....but funnily enough my parents picked it up when they were in south america, so it truly is straight from the Andes. keeps me warms so
thanks for the comments everyone.
post #24221 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
Jacket fits great. Tie is alright, but a knit tie would do you better. Yes on a belt. Also get a better fitting shirt. You can tell it doesn't sit right in the collar and around the waist. Either a clean tuck, or a shirt that's short enough so you don't need to tuck.
Sorry, but untucked shirts paired with things like black ties and blazers look pretty incongruent and bad regardless of how short they are in length. I would recommend to keep tucking (with a belt), or find a more casual getup to go around the shirt if you'd like to untuck.
post #24222 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdawe View Post
Sorry, but untucked shirts paired with things like black ties and blazers look pretty incongruent and bad regardless of how short they are in length. I would recommend to keep tucking (with a belt), or find a more casual getup to go around the shirt if you'd like to untuck.

Oops, forgot to mention, if you untuck the shirt, then you lose the tie.
post #24223 of 38322
Also we forgot to mention that these are rules and can be disregarded on any whim because that's style, now go put on some New Balance shoes you Mav'rick
post #24224 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
I'd also get a shirt without a breast pocket, but that's my taste. I'd also go for a more fitted shirt, especially around the stomach, but then again I like my clothes to be so fitted that they're risk factors for a cardiac event.
you know funny thing about the shirt is that its a jantzen and it fit really well before a wash. i put it in the dryer by accident (not really, too lazy to hang it up) and it shrank around the hips area. The shirt cant fit over my hips and therefore stacks all over my stomach area.
post #24225 of 38322
We need to make a tucking flow chart. <- NOT A SPOONERISM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion