or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion - Page 9  

post #121 of 38322
berlin report
nice! what are those jeans? i like the shoes...
post #122 of 38322
I have a small quick question...Why is it considered a good thing to emphasize one's extremely skinny nature by buying very skinny jeans?
post #123 of 38322
Are there a lot of "extremely skinny" people on the forum? I can only really think of chris. What people have discussed in the past week of slim jeans with stacks looking good on slimmer people was basically people like sauce and brian sd who posted pics in that thread, who are pretty slim but hardly sticks. I also don't care what year this is, but being slim or skinny is always fashionable, especially if you look at runway models, actors, and models in magazines. Most people, especially here, aren't looking to try to look like they are bulkier. Very skinny jeans only look good and are made for skinny people. It's generally a really flattering look on them if they're trying to achieve that style. But all in all, that's a pretty loaded question as i imagine you just have a problem with most of the slim jeans being discussed on this forum and sufu. You're also making the assumption that skinny=wrong/ugly so people should try to avoid looking skinny.
post #124 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBobo View Post
berlin report
nice! what are those jeans? i like the shoes...
Thanks. Jeans are Lee Gold Re Con Logger (had them hemmed at last!) and the shoes are Mentor.
post #125 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Are there a lot of "extremely skinny" people on the forum? I can only really think of chris. What people have discussed in the past week of slim jeans with stacks looking good on slimmer people was basically people like sauce and brian sd who posted pics in that thread, who are pretty slim but hardly sticks. I also don't care what year this is, but being slim or skinny is always fashionable, especially if you look at runway models, actors, and models in magazines. Most people, especially here, aren't looking to try to look like they are bulkier. Very skinny jeans only look good and are made for skinny people. It's generally a really flattering look on them if they're trying to achieve that style.

But all in all, that's a pretty loaded question as i imagine you just have a problem with most of the slim jeans being discussed on this forum and sufu. You're also making the assumption that skinny=wrong/ugly so people should try to avoid looking skinny.

It just seems that people who are already skinny attempt to make themselves seem even skinnier...and by no means do I mean that skinny is ugly because I'd be calling myself ugly. Wouldn't aesthetics favor a more proportional silhouette??

Why do stacks look good? Stacking reminds me of my days when I had to wear my brother's hand me downs...

Btw, please no one take much offense to my words...I'm attempting to educate myself. I'm more of a suits/sports coats/slacks kind of guy (weird for my age) and have never quite understood the overall concept behind the perfect fit as is so lauded on this thread...I like berlin report's outfits a lot, but am stumped about what's so great about some other outfits that are acclaimed as genius...If anyone could shed some light, I'd like to learn.

*edit* and also, just to make things clear...Is selvage/raw (not clear on the correct term) denim's only purpose in life to allow for a kind of "custom fading" to one's exact body?
post #126 of 38322
This probably belongs in the other forum but I spend more time here. Sorry for the very bad quality picture, I don't have a very good digital camera.



no brand jacket
Dior tie
Rixon Groove MTM shirt
vintage trousers
Grenson shoes (antelope)
post #127 of 38322
berlin report Thats another great shirt! Where do you get them?

Denis Simachev Waxed jacket (The jewlry at the back of the neck does not show when the collar is down)
Gucci L/S Tee
Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche jeans (From season one (I think) of Hedi Slimane)
German army sneaks

post #128 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallun View Post
berlin report Thats another great shirt! Where do you get them?
Thanks! This one's from Duffer of St. George picked up at Selfridges in London a couple of seasons ago.
post #129 of 38322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess View Post

no brand jacket
Dior tie
Rixon Groove MTM shirt
vintage trousers
Grenson shoes (antelope)

I like this. Simple, nice colorway and good proportions. Perfect example of dressy casual
post #130 of 38322
Guy - The waist up looks fine... the pants and shoes are spot on!
Kallun - Digging those jeans, the jacket's kind of cool how subversive it is... but a bit much w/ the flash imo.
post #131 of 38322

post #132 of 38322
You made me laugh. New sneakers? Niiice.
post #133 of 38322
Berlin, you look great. You really know how to pull off the small details, like the bandana in this case. I'm also digging the deck shoes, which usually seem trendy to me but look perfect on you here.
post #134 of 38322
thanks berlin
yep, picked up the chucks on sale. A whole size bigger than my others (that kinda are too small) but fits nice. Unsure of how clownish they make me look...
post #135 of 38322
my new frye boots
nudie bola's
random white tee
too large guess jacket



I'm probably going to see if I can get this jacket altered; I really like it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion