• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
this is from a fella on my mod forum that he posted from another forumite who's an expat living in HK and gets all his shirts from Jantzen's storefront...

"GOOD NEWS! just heard from alan in HK that ricky is moving to new bigger premises in the next few weeks, he says he's aiming to turn shirts for internation al internet clients in 2/3 weeks ........... .......... we'll believe it when we see it, but it sounds like something's being done at last."

that would be good news, 2-3 week reliable turnaround!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
this is from a fella on my mod forum that he posted from another forumite who's an expat living in HK and gets all his shirts from Jantzen's storefront...

"GOOD NEWS! just heard from alan in HK that ricky is moving to new bigger premises in the next few weeks, he says he's aiming to turn shirts for internation al internet clients in 2/3 weeks ........... .......... we'll believe it when we see it, but it sounds like something's being done at last."

that would be good news, 2-3 week reliable turnaround!

Hm, interesting, going on 4 months for me and not even an email.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
a co-worker of mine ordered a shirt almost a year ago and nothing, but at least he didnt get charged for nothing

I've been lucky that all my orders have arrived within 6 weeks

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will believe it when I see it. But I guess I won't. I'm through with Jantzen for now. I'd rather pay a little more and have shirts made locally. When there's a problem, it is corrected. I can see and touch the material. I don't have to forget about my order and hope it is fulfilled. The fabric is washed so shrinking is less of an issue...

Don't get me wrong, I think Jantzen's a great asset, but after some three dozen shirts, I'm going elsewhere.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a co-worker of mine ordered a shirt almost a year ago and nothing, but at least he didnt get charged for nothing
Happened to me. Ordered shirts on my dad's measurements late August 2006. Sent three emails after that (every other month) then gave up. I wasn't charged either

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lucky that all my orders have arrived within 6 weeks
I've been lucky that way for my first 4 orders (although the occasional phone call was sometimes needed). But my 5th is starting to prove a nightmare : 6 months, 2 phone calls and I have been charged but don't have the shirt. That's a first for me.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still waiting after 3 months on my last order, despite several emails and at least 3 telephone discussions with Ricky. His response is invariably that things are too busy at the shop. My inference is that the online orders always go to the bottom of the pile in preference to people who come in and ask for 3 day turnaround, instead of being processed in order of receipt.

I won't be going back either.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are quite right. Jantzen is incredibly busy. The online business is treated as a side business. There is just too much business walking in the door.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, under Parkinson's Law, there is no reason to believe this will change if Ricky gets larger premises. His new shop will probably generate even more onsite business, pushing his online customers even further back in the queue.

For anything to change, Ricky has to make a policy change to treat all of his channels with equal priority, in order of receipt.

I vote for a Private Equity takeover of Ricky's online business, and leave him to get on with what he prefers to do.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
I vote for a Private Equity takeover of Ricky's online business, and leave him to get on with what he prefers to do.
Or have someone take over his customer service department. Won't any members in Hong Kong step up to the plate? I know that if I lived there I would do this myself.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is private equity owned now - his own.

paisley_red

Reaction score
i've been waiting a while for my janzten order as well. Can anyone please tell me a good alternative for MTM orders, with a reasonable turnaround time?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paisley_red
i've been waiting a while for my janzten order as well. Can anyone please tell me a good alternative for MTM orders, with a reasonable turnaround time?

Depends on what you're looking for in terms of quality, options, price range, etc. Some people have been very happy with Land's End's MTM program. No idea about their turnaround time, but they've got to be more reliable than Jantzen. Nordstrom's does a mtm program that some people like. You could also step up to a local shirtmaker, depending on where you are. Chan is an option, but I think they want to do the first measurement in person (and that's better from your perspective, too.)

There are a few other online options, but I think they're kind of hit-and-miss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads