or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jantzen, Reliable at last?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jantzen, Reliable at last? - Page 100

post #1486 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
I am having a bit of a problem with Jantzen and would appreciate some advice.

I have been a happy customer for around 5 years and have bought around 20 shirts by internet and twice at the shop in Hong Kong.

I was in Hong Kong a few weeks ago and asked to be re-measured as I have gained some weight. They did and I ordered 5 shirts. I went back the next day for a fitting and noted that the neck seemed too big. Ricky agreed and said he would have it reduced. I picked the shirts up the next day (without trying them on- a mistake!) and returned to Japan.

After washing them I tried on the shirts and found they were all still much too big on the neck so...

1. I emailed Ricky to inform them that they seemed around 3cm too big and could I send them back for repair.

2. He replied promptly to say that they added "only 2cm" and asked me to make sure it was 3cm too big. To me 2 cm is still a lot so I am not sure what the point of this was.

3. I compared with an older Jantzen short, found it was 2.5cm bigger and emailed this info to say that it was still way too big for me, and could I please send them back for repair. I added a picture showing the large size of the neck.



4. He replied to say that it did look "really a little bit larger than normal" and I would have to pay $90HK/shirt for repair and postage.

5. I replied to say that I did not feel responsible for any error as they did the measuring. I said that I would pay postage from Japan to HK but expected him to cover repair and return postage.

6. 2 days ago. No reply yet.

Any advice here before I give him a call?

Wow, that's way way off. Not even close. Did they actually measure your neck? How does the rest of the shirt fit?

If he measured then he should be responsible for correcting it, at worst you'll pay for the shipping.
Just be polite but firm, make it clear how unhappy you are with the shirts (really they're not wearable with a tie) and indicate you've been a long time repeat customer and would hate to terminate the relationship. Maybe pictures of you trying to wear a tie would serve to illustrate to him just how utterly ridiculous it looks.

By the way which style collar is that? It's really nice.

Good luck!
post #1487 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post
Wow, that's way way off. Not even close. Did they actually measure your neck? How does the rest of the shirt fit?

If he measured then he should be responsible for correcting it, at worst you'll pay for the shipping.
Just be polite but firm, make it clear how unhappy you are with the shirts (really they're not wearable with a tie) and indicate you've been a long time repeat customer and would hate to terminate the relationship. Maybe pictures of you trying to wear a tie would serve to illustrate to him just how utterly ridiculous it looks.

By the way which style collar is that? It's really nice.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion....a picture with a tie is a good idea.

I can't remember if I tweaked this a bit but according to my records the collar is:
Collar Style: Collar Style # 3T, (English Regular Spread w/ Higher Band)
Collar Stay: Removable Collar Stay
Interlining: Regular
Tie space: 1/8" (Standard)
Back Height: 1 7/8" (High)
Stitching for Collar & Cuff: 1/4" (Our Standard)
Collar Point: 2 3/4" (Standard)

An update to the situation: no reply from Ricky yet.
post #1488 of 2007
Usually takes him 4-7 days to get back to me, sometimes as much as 9, so give it some time... I'll post a pic of a #11 I received from him a few weeks ago. I think it will give a "painted on" shirt a new meaning, lol.
post #1489 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom153 View Post
Usually takes him 4-7 days to get back to me, sometimes as much as 9, so give it some time... I'll post a pic of a #11 I received from him a few weeks ago. I think it will give a "painted on" shirt a new meaning, lol.

i order all my shirts as 'tight' with accurate measurements and still find theyre not quite slim enough. my next order has bigger darts so im hoping it comes up well.
post #1490 of 2007
My shirts were already pretty good, I just wanted to raise the arm hole, make the sleeve 1" slimmer, and have the waist taken in 3/4 of an inch. What I got was -2 in the waist, -1 in the chest, -2 in the arm, lol.
post #1491 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
Thanks for the suggestion....a picture with a tie is a good idea.

I can't remember if I tweaked this a bit but according to my records the collar is:
Collar Style: Collar Style # 3T, (English Regular Spread w/ Higher Band)
Collar Stay: Removable Collar Stay
Interlining: Regular
Tie space: 1/8" (Standard)
Back Height: 1 7/8" (High)
Stitching for Collar & Cuff: 1/4" (Our Standard)
Collar Point: 2 3/4" (Standard)

An update to the situation: no reply from Ricky yet.

that's annoying
post #1492 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
that's annoying

Super annoying. I guess I will wait a couple of more days and then give him a call.
post #1493 of 2007
I just got a very strange reply from Ricky:

"You mention you want to make it larger sine you afraid there would have a
bit shrinkage after washing.
So we need to charge again if you want to change it again."

This is a complete fabrication. I asked to be re-measured because I gained some weight...I have never had a big problem with shrinkage as I do not use a machine dryer and I am certain that I did not mention that as a reason to increase the neck size. I am also certain that I did not specify any exact change to my measurements.

I am getting pissed off.

Any final advice before I just give up on Jantzen?
post #1494 of 2007
Shame.

You could try washing it in warm water and machine drying it a couple times.
post #1495 of 2007
In the Extra Fine Cotton section, there seems to be an abundance of 1-Ply material. Are these on par with the regular 2-Ply they offer?
post #1496 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by water View Post
In the Extra Fine Cotton section, there seems to be an abundance of 1-Ply material. Are these on par with the regular 2-Ply they offer?
No.
post #1497 of 2007
Here is my latest effort using the Jantzen 8061 blue gingham check fabric. I am REALLY digging the fabric!!! I will be looking for more patterns using the same base soon.



post #1498 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
Here is my latest effort using the Jantzen 8061 blue gingham check fabric. I am REALLY digging the fabric!!! I will be looking for more patterns using the same base soon.

That looks EXCELLENT. Great fit and great color/fabric.
post #1499 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post

That is a great fabric. If you like it, I recommend the pink. Details on the bow tie?
post #1500 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
Here is my latest effort using the Jantzen 8061 blue gingham check fabric. I am REALLY digging the fabric!!! I will be looking for more patterns using the same base soon.



what is the collar and its dimensions?

also, did you specify a sloped shoulder?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jantzen, Reliable at last?