or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jantzen, Reliable at last?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jantzen, Reliable at last? - Page 8

post #106 of 2007
I ordered my first batch of shirts last night. Will advise as to how long it takes.
post #107 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachvu View Post
Since when has Ricky started putting those little Jantzen tags in his shirts? I'm definitely not a fan of that, especially considering you asked for monograms on the yoke.

I received an order two weeks ago, and it did not have those tags. I've ordered on and off for several years, and these photos are the first that I've ever seen them. I've never made a special request, but perhaps my file is flagged as "no tags" for some reason. Just as well, I'd just have to cut them out every time.
post #108 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniti029 View Post
skyhigh: what kind of buttons did you get on those shirts in the pics?

Nature 3.4mm Thickness Trocas Buttons
post #109 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
For as long as I've been getting shirts from him. You can remove it if you want - or you can ask him not to attach it

I have two Jantzen shirts, the last of which came in January. Neither of them came with the tags, and I've never seen another Jantzen shirt on this forum with one of those tags. It's not a big deal, but I'm surprised he used the tags with a monogram on the yoke.
post #110 of 2007
My last couple of shirts from a few weeks ago had the tags, so did my first set a year or so ago. It's not a big deal, is it?
post #111 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachvu View Post
I have two Jantzen shirts, the last of which came in January. Neither of them came with the tags, and I've never seen another Jantzen shirt on this forum with one of those tags. It's not a big deal, but I'm surprised he used the tags with a monogram on the yoke.

Another example of Jantzen's "consistency". Most of my shirts (starting in 2005) have these tags, some don't. The 5-shirt order I just received doesn't... I couldn't care less about them to be honest

the wiki page highlights this inconsistency
post #112 of 2007
So ... is it safe to say that if Ricky does not confirm your order within a week, he is skipping it?
post #113 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Unbelievable turnaround at Jantzen these days:
- ordered five shirts on 8/21
- order acknowledged by Ricky on 8/25
- full order sent from HK on 8/30
- received in NYC today (9/4)


Well, I'd wait for some more data points before jumping to the conclusion that they're consistent (although on average turnaround does seem to be getting better.) I'm still waiting on an order from July, and my 8/17 order has not yet been acknowledged.
post #114 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
So ... is it safe to say that if Ricky does not confirm your order within a week, he is skipping it?

No, not at all.
post #115 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
For as long as I've been getting shirts from him. You can remove it if you want - or you can ask him not to attach it

Where is he putting the tag? In 5-6 orders over, say, 2 years or so, I've never gotten a shirt with a tag (unless you're talking inside the neck)? If it's an external tag, I would definitely find that annoying.
post #116 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
Where is he putting the tag? In 5-6 orders over, say, 2 years or so, I've never gotten a shirt with a tag (unless you're talking inside the neck)? If it's an external tag, I would definitely find that annoying.

internal, in the collar area. See pictures in this thread and in wiki
post #117 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
internal, in the collar area. See pictures in this thread and in wiki

Thanks, I misunderstood. Those tags have appeared on some, if not all, of my shirts. I thought the concern was that they had started using visible external tags, as with Faconnable or the like.
post #118 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
So ... is it safe to say that if Ricky does not confirm your order within a week, he is skipping it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
No, not at all.

+1
post #119 of 2007
Question for repeat customers:
If I specified changes for my second order, does that become the default? In other words, will I need to restate those changes for my 3rd order?

Thanks.
post #120 of 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.no View Post
Question for repeat customers:
If I specified changes for my second order, does that become the default? In other words, will I need to restate those changes for my 3rd order?

Thanks.

Yes to your first alternative. Once you've made changes, those become part of your default order (unless, as I have in one case, you specify that it's a one-time change and you do not want your default options changed).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jantzen, Reliable at last?