• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots - true to size or 1/2 size up/down?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of ebay boots I'm interested in (one being Prada). Boot size is 11 and I'm an 11.5. Do boots normally fit true to size or is there some sort of adjustment that I need to do?>

Thanks!

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
There are a couple of ebay boots I'm interested in (one being Prada). Boot size is 11 and I'm an 11.5. Do boots normally fit true to size or is there some sort of adjustment that I need to do?> Thanks!
This depends on you really, do you find that shirts fit true to size?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if they are Prada, the tagged size is 1 to 1.5 sizes different than the US size.

That is to say, a Prada shoe marked a size 9 will fit a US 10 to 10.5

But as for your question in general - it really depends on too many factors.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
This depends on you really, do you find that shirts fit true to size?

Yep, but that's shirts!
smile.gif

Thanks for the input.

<homer voice>damn you ebay!!!</homer voice>

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
<homer voice>damn you ebay!!!</homer voice>

It's no great loss, actually, because buying Prada on ebay is generally an extremely dicey affair. And even if its authentic, Prada footwear is pretty mediocre quality-wise.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a lot depends on the type of boots. Dress boots that are to be worn with lightweight socks generally are the same size as one's dress shoe size. Outdoor boots that are typically to be worn with heavy socks and often used for walking long distances so that the feet swell typically run larger than one's normal shoe size. My shoe size is a 13D. For many years I did a great deal of hiking, probably over a thousand miles, in a pair of size 14 Vasques. Currently, the only pair of outdoor/military boots I own are 13EE (Danner Desert Eagle).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads