or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › William Abraham Socks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

William Abraham Socks

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Dear Members,

I recently did a write up/review of the new William Abraham sock range out of NYC. I never thought that I would appreciate the feel and quality of a sock so much, but alas, I did. While the product is quite a pricey investment (in comparison to others), I think that many of you would appreciate them.

Here are the ones that I received in both my own pictures and the professional ones. The link below will go a bit more into my experience wearing them for those of you whom might interested.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/07/treat-your-feet-right-william-abraham.html

Sincerely,

Justin

**Disclaimer: under no circumstance was I asked to create this thread by the brand or anyone else for that matter. I did so as I did not see a relevant thread about them and wanted to share a product that I felt that many of you would enjoy. My services as a blogger/critic always remain unbiased and are never purchased**









post #2 of 12
I just placed an order from there-- we'll see how it all looks.

Just when I almost get up the nerve to be disciplined and have a single bunch of navy socks, and another single brand of charcoal, something like this pops up. cloud.gif
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

I just placed an order from there-- we'll see how it all looks.

Just when I almost get up the nerve to be disciplined and have a single bunch of navy socks, and another single brand of charcoal, something like this pops up. cloud.gif

like the socks?
post #4 of 12
Several of them, yes.

On the other hand, when I stick to Turnbull & Asser, or the various plainer options from The Hanger Project, I find much to like also, for less than half the price and with much less worry and complication.
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Several of them, yes.

On the other hand, when I stick to Turnbull & Asser, or the various plainer options from The Hanger Project, I find much to like also, for less than half the price and with much less worry and complication.

which W-A socks did you get? any specific fabrics?
post #6 of 12
A bunch of different things. Nothing with cotton, but some wool/cashmere (70/30 and 50/50), some silk/cashmere, and pure silk.

The only real disappointment, due to its shrinkage, was the gingham pattern. Of course, it might have been mistreated more than the others by accident. Also, the cashmere blend with the big white stripes has holes in the tip of each toe, which might have been due to my nearsightedness preventing perfect pedicures.

The silks do seem nice-- not anything I'd tried before. Somehow, it seems less expensive to do silly things when you don't have to walk into the store and physically pull out your card. shog[1].gif
post #7 of 12

Lovely blokes and a pleasure to deal with.

 

But, alas, I ended up with holes in the toes of a few pairs I brought. Sadly, they were the cashmere ones that were not cheap.

 

They offered to replace but that's not the point.

 

If you want to buy get one and see how you go. 

post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy Wonka View Post

Lovely blokes and a pleasure to deal with.

But, alas, I ended up with holes in the toes of a few pairs I brought. Sadly, they were the cashmere ones that were not cheap.

They offered to replace but that's not the point.

If you want to buy get one and see how you go. 

thank you for sharing. Why do you think the toes ended up with holes? thank you very much
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


thank you for sharing. Why do you think the toes ended up with holes? thank you very much

 

I really don't know. 

 

It only happens rarely with other socks. 

 

Very disappointing because I loved the feel and colours. 

post #10 of 12
I asked on another thread, but might get more traction here. Is there a decent service for darning socks, now that nobody has a properly-trained maid? I asked Without A Trace and their fee is the price of a new pair-- of cashmere blend from Abraham!
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

I asked on another thread, but might get more traction here. Is there a decent service for darning socks, now that nobody has a properly-trained maid? I asked Without A Trace and their fee is the price of a new pair-- of cashmere blend from Abraham!

 

I didn't think anyone had done that since Father McKenzie.

post #12 of 12

I definitely order it. Its so soft and amazing :) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › William Abraham Socks