or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › 'Posting Up' at the Club / Bar - Let's Discuss
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Posting Up' at the Club / Bar - Let's Discuss - Page 4

post #46 of 54
My body is ready
post #47 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpy View Post

I don't know if the young men in this clip are acolytes of Sly, but the one in the Florida ball cap (around 3:10) seems to be quite advanced in both movement and choice of location (near to window, cinder blocks, freight train).


 

 

I do not know these gentlemen. 

 

I have been in the field - testing new techniques.  You know, sassin' and harassin'. 

post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyguyWT2 View Post

I do not know these gentlemen. 

I have been in the field - testing new techniques.  You know, sassin' and harassin'. 

This post is useless without a youtube.
post #49 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyguyWT2 View Post

I do not know these gentlemen. 

I have been in the field - testing new techniques.  You know, sassin' and harassin'. 

I'd be interested in tutorials on those subjects but admit I still need guidance on some of the basics.

Pegs, for example. Do you carry drywall anchors to securely attach the peg to the wall? I find that onlookers often object to using a power drill. Is this an opportunity for sassin' and harassin'? Have I misunderstood the peg concept?
post #50 of 54
i tend to call to the venue early to perform any masonry work. then go home and change into my "posting" gear.
post #51 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpy View Post


I'd be interested in tutorials on those subjects but admit I still need guidance on some of the basics.

Pegs, for example. Do you carry drywall anchors to securely attach the peg to the wall? I find that onlookers often object to using a power drill. Is this an opportunity for sassin' and harassin'? Have I misunderstood the peg concept?

 

The peg is shaped very much like something you would plunge into the heart cavity of a vampire.  It penetrates surfaces with ease.  Only the most stubborn old school players still carry and use the terribly cumbersome and dated solid steel pegs, but bear in mind, these are the gentlemen whose chodes are rarely unattended.  Some of the earlier models weighed 10 pounds and were often worn in a peg holster on the hip.  This bold display of intent carried the same significance of a peacemaker in the wild west.  

 

I have not seen power tools used, but improvise if you must.  I have briefly pegged up using an icicle I snapped off a gutter on the way in.  

post #52 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyguyWT2 View Post

The peg is shaped very much like something you would plunge into the heart cavity of a vampire.  It penetrates surfaces with ease.  Only the most stubborn old school players still carry and use the terribly cumbersome and dated solid steel pegs, but bear in mind, these are the gentlemen whose chodes are rarely unattended.  Some of the earlier models weighed 10 pounds and were often worn in a peg holster on the hip.  This bold display of intent carried the same significance of a peacemaker in the wild west.  

I have not seen power tools used, but improvise if you must.  I have briefly pegged up using an icicle I snapped off a gutter on the way in.  

I live in Canada so this advice is useful. It will be icicle pegging on the tundra for me.
post #53 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyguyWT2 View Post

 

  I have briefly pegged up using an icicle I snapped off a gutter on the way in.  

 

You'd only have a limited time to peg up at the bar before it melted, though, so you'd have to move fast. 

post #54 of 54
Thread Starter 

I assume a few of you might have posted up last night.  During my days as a whippersnapper I despised those who touted the "biggest bar night of the year," but nonetheless it is a night for amateurs to pick off all but forgotten sows who are stranded in their home towns.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › 'Posting Up' at the Club / Bar - Let's Discuss