or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SUIT YOUR SHAPE: GQ primer for the hard-to-fit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SUIT YOUR SHAPE: GQ primer for the hard-to-fit - Page 5

post #61 of 70
I'm 5'7 and a regular is too damn long usually, especially at the sleeves.
post #62 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
I'm 6'4" and have a 34inseam but I wear a L. Does that seem right? Am I wearing my jackets too short?

Each brand has differences in jacket length, I am 6'1 and almost always wear a regular. I am sure body proportions, not just how tall you are can have an affect as well.
post #63 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by untilted View Post
I'm 5'7 and a regular is too damn long usually, especially at the sleeves.

Sleeves are always too long for me too. All my jackets get sleeves and waist taken in.
post #64 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
he look fairly wide-hipped so yeah I doubt 30 as well. has nothing to do with body fat. I know 6ft 2 155 lbs guys who are built like a wire and still wear 32 or 33. its just how wide they are.

and now that I think about it, they forgot the most common hard-to-fit body type of all, the middle aged guy with a gut. The guy who is 25 lbs heavier than when he was in college, but still not obese.

I'm a 30-31 waist. There's no way Lidell is.
post #65 of 70
I'm 6'3, wear only a 40R and 32 inseam pants. I must have the tallest head in the world.
post #66 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
I'm 6'4" and have a 34inseam but I wear a L. Does that seem right? Am I wearing my jackets too short?

I doubt it. These standards seem really outdated to me (putting aside the fact that different brands make different length coats). I'm 6'2, and I prefer a regular. I would think most 5'8" men would prefer a short, unless it's a vanity issue. I think the standards make more sense if you add at least 2 inches to them.
post #67 of 70
Question on suit fit - Is there anything a guy with a huge ass can do to make a suit look good? It always look like I'm wearing a tent, and the tailor I went to said that I can't get the waist suppressed at all because it would "pull." For your info, I have a ~45" chest, ~37" waist, and I'm about ~46" around the hips. Yes, I have to get the seat taken on every pair of pants I buy.
post #68 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvibes View Post
Question on suit fit - Is there anything a guy with a huge ass can do to make a suit look good? It always look like I'm wearing a tent, and the tailor I went to said that I can't get the waist suppressed at all because it would "pull." For your info, I have a ~45" chest, ~37" waist, and I'm about ~46" around the hips. Yes, I have to get the seat taken on every pair of pants I buy.
I have the same problem. The only solution I have found is to find a jacket that has a lot of flare in the skirt. My Chester Barrie for RLPL has it.
post #69 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
I'm 6'3, wear only a 40R and 32 inseam pants. I must have the tallest head in the world.

That doesn't make much sense. I'm almost 6'1, 32 inseam, and wear a short 42L, sometimes a long 42R. I prefer a jacket length of about 32 inches from below the collar to the end.

Btw, are you measuring your height when barefoot, or when in shoes - I'm almost 6'1" when barefoot (actually, 6'3/4" to 7"8"). 6'2" to 6'2.5" in shoes. 6'3" to 6'4" when playing basketball
post #70 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
I have the same problem. The only solution I have found is to find a jacket that has a lot of flare in the skirt. My Chester Barrie for RLPL has it.
Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SUIT YOUR SHAPE: GQ primer for the hard-to-fit