• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you think of the jaguar xf?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does not look like a Jag at all.

Maybe these type of designs might be good for short term sales, but eventually they lose brand identity and drop out. Recently they copied the Aston DB9 design to make the XK series, and now it looks like they are taking various design parts from other makers to make their cars. Without good design a Jaguar is useless in my opinion.

tom288

Reaction score
Looks like they took some Aston Martin lines and applied them to a hybrid car.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a hot wheels car to me. What ever happened to the beautiful Jaguars.

*cue pic of Huntsman and his auto*

JB

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Jag XF reminded me of some other design, and now I finally remember where they cloned the design from:

Jag XF:

Lexus IS:

It used to be that the Japanese copied all the designs (Datsun Fairlady Z copied from Jag, etc.) but now it is the other way around

Seems like Jaguar has decided to clone other cars starting with the XK series.

Jag XK:

Aston DB9:

To me, the only appeal of a Jag was in their designs. Now they can`t even design their own cars.

Wings_2006

Reaction score
I actually have a jaguar S-type and love it. I love the sleek style and of course the main attraction of the jag for me has always been the hood ornament and this XF type doesn't have it, so I won't be buying one any time soon.

Claire.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope it looks better in person than it does on paper. It won't be long before Ford sells Jaguar, hopefully they'll get in the right direction again after a change of management.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Seems like Jaguar has decided to clone other cars starting with the XK series.

Jag XK:

Aston DB9:

To me, the only appeal of a Jag was in their designs. Now they can`t even design their own cars.

Someone else might know better, but my understanding with that one is that the basic design was Jaguar's first, with their "F-type" concept. (Or maybe it was just a drawing in Car.) Then Ford gave it to Aston, and Jag copied it back later.

So basically it's all Ford's fault. Whaddya expect from the company whose first move was to take the step that the last group of real Lyons-era Jaguar people went to extreme steps to prevent: shoving a V8 under the bonnet?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wings_2006
I actually have a jaguar S-type and love it. I love the sleek style and of course the main attraction of the jag for me has always been the hood ornament and this XF type doesn't have it, so I won't be buying one any time soon.

Claire.

Why not get the old Jaguar Mark? It has a far more attractive ornament. And it's really classy.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/sp...jaguar_xf.html

It's apparently replacing the s-type. What do you think of this huge departure from their typical fare? I really liked the cxf prototype, but this i'm less sure of.

It's going to look really damn close to the prototype, so I don't know why you are complaining...

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wings_2006

Claire.

As of late, Jaguars don't tend to come with the hood ornament in Europe. That said, I can imagine the XF with the hood ornament, and it would look good.

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
Someone else might know better, but my understanding with that one is that the basic design was Jaguar's first, with their "F-type" concept. (Or maybe it was just a drawing in Car.) Then Ford gave it to Aston, and Jag copied it back later.

So basically it's all Ford's fault. Whaddya expect from the company whose first move was to take the step that the last group of real Lyons-era Jaguar people went to extreme steps to prevent: shoving a V8 under the bonnet?

Indeed, it was a Jag design first, for the original XK8 had 4 revolving design styles which were made into full-size clay models during the developmental stage. One of them looks A LOT like the current XK.

Jaguar isn't the only car company to pull this stupid nonsense off either, for the current M-class looks a lot closer to the clay models and prototype the MB made when they first announced the car than the original M-class.

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Does not look like a Jag at all.

Yes, it does
baldy[1].gif
:

xj6ser2.jpg

Oh, and the C-XF looks NOTHING like the Lexus IS...!

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads