Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ongoing Bespoke Projects
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ongoing Bespoke Projects - Page 131

post #1951 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

If you're happy with it, that's what's important. Your pics seriously make me want to book an appointment when they're in Boston.

post #1952 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy57 View Post


What's in store for summer is a new cream linen suit, a linen herringbone jacket, and a jacket made last Fall from @dieworkwear
's linen/silk blend. At least, that's what's new. Oh, and a linen safari jacket made by @CraftsmanCo


I like tweed. It's hard to say no. But I have wanted to obtain this particular London Lounge cloth for a while now, so it went to the head of the queue when I wore the previous owner down. I don't care for 3 roll 2 or 2.5. I also did not want patch pockets. I'm happy with the blue-ish jacket that I had made with inverted-pleat patch pockets and I might do something like that again. But this Shetland is being made up essentially in identical fashion to my Glenroyal jacket. That's my comfort zone.

Ah, I understand. I like tweed as well, but I find myself only reaching for it when I go to work. I find the fabric a bit too heavy and rustic for what I want when going out. I guess I will be sitting on some fabrics for a while.
post #1953 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post


Ah, I understand. I like tweed as well, but I find myself only reaching for it when I go to work. I find the fabric a bit too heavy and rustic for what I want when going out. I guess I will be sitting on some fabrics for a while.


That's fair. I would have to think hard, but when I'm at home I generally wouldn't wear a tweed jacket out in the evening (unless I've been out all day, I suppose). When I'm in the UK, for most of the year I might wear a tweed jacket in the evening if it's cool. My family lives out in the country, so it makes more sense.

 

What are fabrics are you sitting on?

post #1954 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy57 View Post


That's fair. I would have to think hard, but when I'm at home I generally wouldn't wear a tweed jacket out in the evening (unless I've been out all day, I suppose). When I'm in the UK, for most of the year I might wear a tweed jacket in the evening if it's cool. My family lives out in the country, so it makes more sense.

What are fabrics are you sitting on?



post #1955 of 2114

 

Is that herringbone a Donegal or is it one of the new LL herringbone linens? If the latter, I heartily recommend getting it made up. And that b/w houndstooth looks like quite a sophisticated fabric, easily able to transition from day to evening. Is it also a tweed?

post #1956 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

A couple shots of my W. Bill Phoenix jacket

 

Is this the same WB14821 that Despos is making for me? He called me the second week of January to let me know he would be cutting it soon, so mine shouldn't be far behind yours.

post #1957 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

Is that Molloy & Sons? 610g? If so, what are you thinking of doing with it?
post #1958 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

Is this the same WB14821 that Despos is making for me? He called me the second week of January to let me know he would be cutting it soon, so mine shouldn't be far behind yours.

Yep, that's it.
post #1959 of 2114

On-going bespoke projects, good question...

 

I've got on order:

- A W Bill cream linen suit broken down in sport coat to be made by Dalcuore and trousers by Ambrosi

 

 

- A blue Donegal (P&H) sport coat by Stark & Sons

 

 

- A potential raglan DB coat if I find the appropriate material, with Dalcuore as well

 

And I got the delivery of the final product of this jacket in Japanese jersey cotton (feels like a luxurious sweat shirt basically)

 

post #1960 of 2114

I just pulled the trigger on three items, two jackets and a pair of trousers. Its a new maker for the trousers and if they do a good job then I am switching. My current maker has been having trouble with my pents. Its like, do you even squat, bro?

 

 

Jacket 1 Wool from the Riviera boo. This fabric has a much higher "fuck you" quality to it in person :)

Fabric&src=Z4-3337755&res=300&wid=350

 

Jacket 2 Linen fromHuddersfield, 12-13 ounces

9243.jpg 

 

Trouser is a light gray from the VBC Sunny Seasons book, no pictures unfortunately. 

 

I should have them all by April/ May and will report back.

post #1961 of 2114
Met with Steed yesterday and now have a 3/2 in Smiths Botany in progress.

ETA: is there a Steed thread? Besides the A&S expats one? Seems like there should be.
post #1962 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavro23 View Post

I just pulled the trigger on three items, two jackets and a pair of trousers. Its a new maker for the trousers and if they do a good job then I am switching. My current maker has been having trouble with my pents. Its like, do you even squat, bro?


Jacket 1 Wool from the Riviera boo. This fabric has a much higher "fuck you" quality to it in person smile.gif
Fabric&src=Z4-3337755&res=300&wid=350


Jacket 2 Linen fromHuddersfield, 12-13 ounces
9243.jpg
 

Trouser is a light gray from the VBC Sunny Seasons book, no pictures unfortunately. 

I should have them all by April/ May and will report back.

Looks dope!
post #1963 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux View Post


- A blue Donegal (P&H) sport coat by Stark & Sons




What fabric is the brown cloth? Not the blue birdeyes Donegal. I think it is interesting as a topcoat.
post #1964 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent.5 View Post


What fabric is the brown cloth? Not the blue birdeyes Donegal. I think it is interesting as a topcoat.

 

Very similar to this W. Bill...

 

post #1965 of 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJr View Post

Is that Molloy & Sons? 610g? If so, what are you thinking of doing with it?

Sport Coat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ongoing Bespoke Projects