or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ongoing Bespoke Projects
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ongoing Bespoke Projects - Page 84

post #1246 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinlovesjunya View Post

From Steed yesterday -


Is that a single-piece back? I thought single-piece backs were reserved for patterned fabric, to show the uninterrupted pattern in all its glory. Any reason you opted for it?

BTW, everything looks wonderful! I noticed in your other posts that you were frowning - if I were you, I would have a big smile on my face! biggrin.gif
post #1247 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan'l View Post

Is that a single-piece back? I thought single-piece backs were reserved for patterned fabric, to show the uninterrupted pattern in all its glory. Any reason you opted for it?

BTW, everything looks wonderful! I noticed in your other posts that you were frowning - if I were you, I would have a big smile on my face! biggrin.gif

Yes, it is one piece back. I see the benefits of one piece back on a patterned fabrics, and not so much on solids. I forgot what the initial communication was but this turned out quite nice. I know it probbaly won't be as shaped as normal back, and the future alterations may be limited. Edwin asked if I would like to change back to normal back. But I prefer a less supressed waist anyways and am happy with the cleaniness of the back. So be it.

Thanks! Haha not sure what caused me frowning.. maybe thinking of waiting another few months until I receive the finished garments.
post #1248 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinlovesjunya View Post

Haha not sure what caused me frowning.. maybe thinking of waiting another few months until I receive the finished garments.

This is the face I make after paying the bill.

post #1249 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

This is the face I make after paying the bill.

nod[1].gifnod[1].gifnod[1].gif
post #1250 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeakMonday View Post



Nice, what are we having? biggrin.gif
post #1251 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinlovesjunya View Post

Throw back to May - fittings with Sartoria Dalcuore in New York. Orders placed through Brio Beijing in February.


3. Pepper salt chacoal stripe two piece in Edwin Woodhouse 3ply, forward fitting. Waist can use some tweaks. And I wish I could find more of this fabric for an extra vest!





The collar will be lift up a bit, causing the shoulder to be less extended and more natural. Closer to the below pic, with Luigi Dalcuore lifting my collar.


You had me going until you put a hole in your lapel for the pinstripe frown.gif.
post #1252 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

You had me going until you put a hole in your lapel for the pinstripe frown.gif.

Boutonnière will save? 👽
post #1253 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinlovesjunya View Post


Thank you @hippotamus! The Woodhouse 3ply is vintage indeed, it's a chalk strip on salt and pepper chacoal background. Fall winter hopsack like. The Rangoon number is a re-run by forum member @Kolecho. I like Rangoon very much - a bouncy summer fresco with beautiful hand.

After the second fitting, Dalcuore redid the collar and lifted the back. Here's a pic of the hand padded collar as of today. Soon to be finished.

 

Thanks for the info, I should have got some of that re-run when it came out! My friend acquired some but not sure if he put them in use yet. 

 

Those Steed project look nice too, interesting pattern on the overcoat fabric, look very bold compare to the project you show us :slayer:

post #1254 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Nice, what are we having? biggrin.gif

3 button suit in h lesser 8-9oz... Pants by Marco 😀
post #1255 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinlovesjunya View Post

Boutonnière will save? 👽

The formality of the pinstripe with a 3r2. That's like an oxymoron.....
post #1256 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post


The formality of the pinstripe with a 3r2. That's like an oxymoron.....

 

Why?

post #1257 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeakMonday View Post

3 button suit in h lesser 8-9oz... Pants by Marco 😀

Very nice, I also just placed an order for three more pairs from Marco biggrin.gif

Who's the tailor for the jacket?
post #1258 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Very nice, I also just placed an order for three more pairs from Marco biggrin.gif

Who's the tailor for the jacket?

Mimmo Pirozzi in his subtle insellata shoulder
Quote:
post #1259 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan'l View Post

Is that a single-piece back? I thought single-piece backs were reserved for patterned fabric, to show the uninterrupted pattern in all its glory.

 


Be right back.

post #1260 of 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippotamus View Post

Thanks for the info, I should have got some of that re-run when it came out! My friend acquired some but not sure if he put them in use yet. 

Those Steed project look nice too, interesting pattern on the overcoat fabric, look very bold compare to the project you show us icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks for your kind words. I believe @kolecho will organize a new run. So please feel free to check with him. I highly recommend Rangoon, in every colors.

For the overcoat fabric, this is just a "mock up" fitting garment. French would call it "Toile”. The actual fabric will be a navy vicuna length. Steed was kind enough to provide a fitting with this waste fabric, given the delicacy of vicuna fabric. Matthew told me it is actually a very old piece under the board at Steed. I like how it turns out and may ask them to finish it off as well. Hate to see this tweed piece to be wasted!
Edited by jolinlovesjunya - 6/14/16 at 3:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ongoing Bespoke Projects