or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** - Page 128

post #1906 of 2330

Nothing lowtop. Preferably chunky footwear to offset the drop crotch look.

 

Never a fan of his pods, much prefer his cropped pants.

post #1907 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fycus View Post

Anybody try the disco bomber this season? Interested in picking up the poly silk bomber but cant find it for a 50%+ discount whereas the disco one is available on sale. Any preference in person? The disco model with rayon acetate looks shapeless, but I'm curious if its decent in person.

The long one? Or which?
post #1908 of 2330
So...I tried on a pair of geobaskets, and it feels like the insole of the shoe is kind of sloped from the outside toward the inside, which makes my foot want to overpronate slightly. I figure they'd adjust with wear, but it seems kind of odd and not something I've noticed in other shoes. Did I just end up with a weird pair, or is it par for the course?
post #1909 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

So...I tried on a pair of geobaskets, and it feels like the insole of the shoe is kind of sloped from the outside toward the inside, which makes my foot want to overpronate slightly. I figure they'd adjust with wear, but it seems kind of odd and not something I've noticed in other shoes. Did I just end up with a weird pair, or is it par for the course?

honestly that's how my feet feel in all Rick / DRKSHDW sneakers.

was noticing again in Paris last week as it really starts to make my feet feel weird after wearing Rick sneakers for a few days in a row...

[you'll typically catch me in Ann lows or Nike flyknits when i'm not pretending to be fancy in Paris]
post #1910 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB77 View Post
 

I'm in Melbourne, if you are then go to Katrina Design on Flinders lane, they do all the high end stuff.

Just make sure you ask them to do it from the inside pocket, so you can't see the fix at all.

Syd :(

post #1911 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post

honestly that's how my feet feel in all Rick / DRKSHDW sneakers.

was noticing again in Paris last week as it really starts to make my feet feel weird after wearing Rick sneakers for a few days in a row...

[you'll typically catch me in Ann lows or Nike flyknits when i'm not pretending to be fancy in Paris]

Cool, thanks. I gotta say, the geobaskets weren't quite what I was expecting. Not that they're a disappointment, buy I didn't realize that the construction of the tongue-shaft interface forces you to wear them really open, for example. Not necessarily bad, just not what I had in mind. I guess I'll have to find some other way to pretend to be fancy in Paris, whenever it is I end up going to Paris.
post #1912 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Cool, thanks. I gotta say, the geobaskets weren't quite what I was expecting. Not that they're a disappointment, buy I didn't realize that the construction of the tongue-shaft interface forces you to wear them really open, for example. Not necessarily bad, just not what I had in mind. I guess I'll have to find some other way to pretend to be fancy in Paris, whenever it is I end up going to Paris.

yeah, just one [or two] of many reasons i would always choose ramones > geobaskets.
post #1913 of 2330

imo they look better with the laces at top loosened, too many people try to blend them with skinny jeans like this, which is also not very uncomfortable.

 

 

I sold my blistered ramones after walking 5 miles in them one day and feet hurting after. Thought a long time about getting vegan ones for the lighter upper but my impression was that the firm soles and weight were the main problems.

 

Really liking Memphis pods, they go great with non-rick tech stuff similar to cargos. I don't think they necessarily need chunky footwear and they're not very big on me. I just haven't been able to find anything interesting enough.The sock ramones/scubas are too plain.

post #1914 of 2330
How about Y3 Qasa or the cheaper alternatives Adidas Tubulars? I think any Y3s would actually work.

Nike has a few runners with thicker soles these days like the LunarEpics that could work too, maybe some Prestos? I think nay runners could work if you incorporate the leggings look.

If you want something a little chunkier then check out some of Nikes hi-top retros like Air Commands.



Onto leathes, love Cyclops' MA1 bomber, calf is so good but damn it is a struggle to put on and it being a bomber style means no sizing up or the body would be too big. I really do feel like the current seasons arm holes are tad bit higher than usual, I asked this before but was it just me?

O2cnNV9.jpg
u0wOlk8.jpg
2zgL5Oh.jpg
post #1915 of 2330
My qasa look better with prisoners and memphis jeans compared to shorts/pods.
post #1916 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

The long one? Or which?

I think some sites toute long- also disco bomber (raglan shoulder with kindan shapeless matte fabric). They also did the same iteration with embroidery
post #1917 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

How about Y3 Qasa or the cheaper alternatives Adidas Tubulars? I think any Y3s would actually work.

Nike has a few runners with thicker soles these days like the LunarEpics that could work too, maybe some Prestos? I think nay runners could work if you incorporate the leggings look.

If you want something a little chunkier then check out some of Nikes hi-top retros like Air Commands.



Onto leathes, love Cyclops' MA1 bomber, calf is so good but damn it is a struggle to put on and it being a bomber style means no sizing up or the body would be too big. I really do feel like the current seasons arm holes are tad bit higher than usual, I asked this before but was it just me?

O2cnNV9.jpg
u0wOlk8.jpg
2zgL5Oh.jpg


I wanted to love it cause the quality is so good but it fits like a damn potato sack and if I size down, my arms would pop through like the hulk. 


I really don't understand Rick's production process.. for a guy always harping on about body building, I don't know ANY body builder types that have been able to wear any of his leathers. 

 

New Season is really good though and the cuts seem to be less severe and a bit more refined for the current styles. Even though nearly all the leathers I've seen are 100% made in moldova now, there are some incredible leathers that rival the golden days. 

post #1918 of 2330
Anyone have any idea what the leather code LN represents?
post #1919 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobradley View Post

Anyone have any idea what the leather code LN represents?

what season?

on my walrus composition sheet i see "LN - NAKED - 100% LAMB LEATHER"

don't see it on mastodon.

on cyclops it's listed as "LN - NUVOLA - 100% LAMB LEATHER"
post #1920 of 2330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post

honestly that's how my feet feel in all Rick / DRKSHDW sneakers.

was noticing again in Paris last week as it really starts to make my feet feel weird after wearing Rick sneakers for a few days in a row...

[you'll typically catch me in Ann lows or Nike flyknits when i'm not pretending to be fancy in Paris]

pretending to be fancy in Paris.... well i never ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread***