or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** - Page 96

post #1426 of 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Where have you heard this? Rick stuff is mass produced by laborers in a factory, not "artisans." Moldova has atrocious labor laws. There's some great posts by Geoffrry b small on this in the Rick thread over on SZ

http://miepo.md/sites/default/files/reports/Textile%20report.pdf

Main reasons to choose Moldova
Moldova delivers fast, flexible and with highest quality levels.
Labor force
Lowest labor and production costs in the region (Labor: Gross ca. 220 EUR/ month,
Production Cost: 0.075 EUR per-minute). This creates a competitive business environment
for manufacturing and producing.
Skilled and multilingual workforce (e.g. Romanian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Bulgarian,
English, French, German, Italian, etc.)

its certainly the cheapest place!

nothing wrong with that, of course
post #1427 of 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death24xASecond View Post
 

All that said the leather from Crust continues to live up to the hype. I just want an oiled calf intarsia to show up somewhere...

You and me both. A high neck, size S, black one.

post #1428 of 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
 

"leather laws"? you think italy outlaws blistering cow skin? production has moved to moldova because the labor is extremely cheap. (crazy how retail prices don't reflect this, right?)

post #1429 of 2332
post #1430 of 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post


Where have you heard this? Rick stuff is mass produced by laborers in a factory, not "artisans." Moldova has atrocious labor laws. There's some great posts by Geoffrry b small on this in the Rick thread over on SZ

 

 

In that same thread someone commented about Rick's Italian factory people training everyone in Moldova. I believe there is even a map and street view of the factory. Anyway, i'm not stating anything as fact, just my own personal opinion that the Moldovan items are much nicer, substantially better in quality and interesting than the Made In Italy counterparts. I've also noticed that the prices are more for made in Moldova than Italy.  

post #1431 of 2332
the made in italy pieces by and large are the more expensive ones despite it not being warranted. some of the shearlings are made in moldova
post #1432 of 2332
here is one CRUST LP hammered Mollino. thought might be interesting


.
Edited by absloute2 - 2/6/16 at 3:04pm
post #1433 of 2332

Anyone have any experience with dyeing Rick's cotton bombers black? I just received one of those SS11 turbo fly bombers from Japan and it turned out to be more of a petrol blue than the black that it was tagged. The stitching is also petrol blue, however the wool ribbing is black. I'm looking into "spectrumfirm.com" since I don't trust myself, but haven't gotten a response as to whether or not they can do it yet.

 

I've never heard of a petrol bomber by Rick before - if anyone's heard of anything like this before please let me know. I know it's legit because the grain of the cotton outer, the hardware, and the product code all match other SS11 turbo fly bombers.

 

The outer is listed as 88% cotton, 10% new wool, and 2% spandex. I think the wool and spandex are the ribbing though, so the outer should be 100% cotton. That should mean it can be easily dyed, right? I'm worried about the stitching not taking the dye though. Any idea what Rick usually uses for stitching?

post #1434 of 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtacologin View Post

Anyone have any experience with dyeing Rick's cotton bombers black? I just received one of those SS11 turbo fly bombers from Japan and it turned out to be more of a petrol blue than the black that it was tagged. The stitching is also petrol blue, however the wool ribbing is black. I'm looking into "spectrumfirm.com" since I don't trust myself, but haven't gotten a response as to whether or not they can do it yet.

I've never heard of a petrol bomber by Rick before - if anyone's heard of anything like this before please let me know. I know it's legit because the grain of the cotton outer, the hardware, and the product code all match other SS11 turbo fly bombers.

The outer is listed as 88% cotton, 10% new wool, and 2% spandex. I think the wool and spandex are the ribbing though, so the outer should be 100% cotton. That should mean it can be easily dyed, right? I'm worried about the stitching not taking the dye though. Any idea what Rick usually uses for stitching?

"passport"?

i think thats the name of the rick owens petrol blue color
post #1435 of 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post


"passport"?

i think thats the name of the rick owens petrol blue color

Thanks for the heads up. I thought he only made black or the odd army green / maroon bomber.

post #1436 of 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post

"passport"?

i think thats the name of the rick owens petrol blue color

passport always hits the sale racks. the new army green stuff is dope though
post #1437 of 2332
Anyone know if Rick uses cotton threads for his cotton bombers (specifically the SS11 Turbo Fly Bomber)? Or what kind of thread he uses in general
post #1438 of 2332

I usually wear a 10-10.5 US, do you guys think I could get away with a pair of nylon ramones in size 11?

post #1439 of 2332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espresto View Post

I usually wear a 10-10.5 US, do you guys think I could get away with a pair of nylon ramones in size 11?

yea you can always put an insole in.
post #1440 of 2332

Anyone have any experience with the Rick Owens black coated torrence cut jeans? like quality, jean comfortness review etc. Might get some soon and couldnt find reviews for them online

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread***