or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Beer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beer Thread - Page 636

post #9526 of 10833
Had to look that one up. Looks intense! Did it come with the sombrero?

I'm celebrating tonight as well. The question is - do I open a Fou Foune or Lou Pepe Kriek? devil.gif
post #9527 of 10833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

Had to look that one up. Looks intense! Did it come with the sombrero?

I'm celebrating tonight as well. The question is - do I open a Fou Foune or Lou Pepe Kriek? devil.gif

 

It was very intense but good. My Mom knits me various accoutrements for my beers and that was her attempt at the Mikkeller hat :).

 

What a nice dilemma to have. Your palate is obviously a lot more sophisticated than mine lol but I would be tempted to go for the fou foune purely because I narrowly missed out on a bottle earlier in the year.

post #9528 of 10833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cash View Post

My Mom knits me various accoutrements for my beers

robert-downey-jr-and-crying-child_thumb.jpg?w=630&h=752
post #9529 of 10833
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin100 View Post


robert-downey-jr-and-crying-child_thumb.jpg?w=630&h=752

 

:lol: At my request

post #9530 of 10833
hahaha i didn't even bother trying to get the bcbs this year
post #9531 of 10833
@Steven Cash that does look like the Mikeller hat now that you say it! My mom's a knitter too- maybe I'll request some beer accouterments as well.

Went with the Fou, if only because I knew I could drink a whole 750 of it myself. (I've never had the LPK, wasn't sure if it would be too much) I can say it now because it's official - celebrating accepting a new job offer! 2015 batch is so so so delicious.


And to top off my awesome day this box showed up:

Had to get a trade in for VR before this years variants came out. Glad I did because people are offering crazy things for VR now. The guy who sent me it actually works at Surly - hence all the Surly extras.
post #9532 of 10833
b4nw4hw.jpg

Sweeter smell and taste than the Chimay, and more bitter in the end. But also a nicely balanced beer.
post #9533 of 10833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

I can say it now because it's official - celebrating accepting a new job offer!

congratulations!!
post #9534 of 10833
Congrats ken. Might have to crack my LP gueze for the same reason when I get home for the holidays.
post #9535 of 10833
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

Congrats ken. Might have to crack my LP gueze for the same reason when I get home for the holidays.
Congrats to you as well! Hit me up if you need help drinking that LPG. mwink[1].gif
post #9536 of 10833
Does anyone make a teku glass with a cut rim instead of the regular rolled rim.

Planning to pick up some bcbs this week. I believe they have a monopoly on sales in the city to the big liquor chain in Chicago... My whole foods said they aren't putting it on the shelves until this week.
post #9537 of 10833
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Does anyone make a teku glass with a cut rim instead of the regular rolled rim.

Planning to pick up some bcbs this week. I believe they have a monopoly on sales in the city to the big liquor chain in Chicago... My whole foods said they aren't putting it on the shelves until this week.

Which Whole Foods is that?
post #9538 of 10833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post

Which Whole Foods is that?

They told me that all of them were putting them out at 8AM on friday (I talked to the people at the Halsted one). If what they said is true, I would guess that the rest of the liquor stores in Chicago are also getting them then (if there was a one-week embargo and they honored it).
post #9539 of 10833
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

They told me that all of them were putting them out at 8AM on friday (I talked to the people at the Halsted one). If what they said is true, I would guess that the rest of the liquor stores in Chicago are also getting them then (if there was a one-week embargo and they honored it).

The new one in Greek Town or the original in Boy's Town? I ask because you might have dealt with my older brother, he runs the Greek Town store...
post #9540 of 10833
Boy's town.

Not willing to wait in crazy lines or pay crazy prices for it...but if they make it easy, I'm happy to buy some every year.

Never managed to buy the specialty bottles though...not sure if WF will have them. In previous years, they would take down names (at least on the regular bottles) so you didn't have to wait in stupid lines and be in town on black friday. No pre-sales this year, but at least I am home this time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Beer Thread