or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Beer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beer Thread - Page 207

post #3091 of 7371
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg View Post
I can only go to one beer store in NYC, should I make it Whole Foods Bowery or New Beer?
Why is this? They are only about 2 blocks away from each other. I was in New Beer this weekend for the first time in a while and was impressed with the selection. They have really stepped it up recently. Something I don't like about Whole Foods is all of their 6 packs are refrigerated. You can ask to get one out of the back warm. Often times the shop is understaffed and finding someone to do that for you takes a while, and then they take a long time finding your beer after they go back. Definitely New Beer if you prefer to buy 6 packs. They have a bigger/better selection. Whole Foods might win out on singles, but even that I'm not sure anymore.
post #3092 of 7371
Had no idea this Blushing Monk was going to be so hard to get......My bottle shop put a one bottle limit per person, no reservations, and they have no idea when it will other then in the next 24 hours. This is in a small little town with a fairly small population. Big stores like Total Wine are not getting it in. I have one last place that has it with a 2 bottle limit. I am just hoping it is still there after work. If I am luck by the end of tomorrow I should have 3 bottles.
post #3093 of 7371
whole foods upper west side does growelers and has a decent selection of bottles. the wine shop has some really good values, too.
post #3094 of 7371
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC437 View Post
The 2 stores are about a 4 minute walk from each other. Why not go to both??? Whole Foods - Bowery is a little bit better.

I'm not 21 and went with my dad who I was expecting to be annoyed if I dragged him around buying beer he doesn't like. We ended up going to both though. New Beer was slightly cheaper and had more 6 packs, but it was probably 95 degrees in there so I bought from Whole Foods instead. They had a few bottles of Blushing Monk at both stores if anyone's interested.
post #3095 of 7371
Kwak
post #3096 of 7371
Run. Do not walk for blushing monk.
post #3097 of 7371
It's literally like raspberry jam that gives you a buzz. More tart than sweet. Just delicious.
post #3098 of 7371
Success and was surprised by the low price($14.99) I thought for sure the bottle shop would put a silly mark up. Can't wait to drink me some tomorrow.
post #3099 of 7371
Did anybody get me one? Can anybody get me one?
post #3100 of 7371
Im hoping to get some more tomorrow and if I do what I get will be for trade but. Sadly it's grim in my area. Where I got my two they went through 2+ cases today and mine where picked from thir last case.
post #3101 of 7371
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg View Post
I'm not 21 and went with my dad who I was expecting to be annoyed if I dragged him around buying beer he doesn't like. We ended up going to both though. New Beer was slightly cheaper and had more 6 packs, but it was probably 95 degrees in there so I bought from Whole Foods instead. They had a few bottles of Blushing Monk at both stores if anyone's interested.

Damn! I can't get to the stores until lunch time tomorrow. I bet the Blushing Monk will be sold out. At least I finally got my hands on 2 bottles of Parabola (@ a whole foods in las vegas for $14.99).
post #3102 of 7371
I'm attempting to get a few more bottles of Blushing Monk. I didn't realize just how much people wanted it when I bought the one today. If I find it I'll let people know.
post #3103 of 7371
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC437 View Post
Damn! I can't get to the stores until lunch time tomorrow. I bet the Blushing Monk will be sold out. At least I finally got my hands on 2 bottles of Parabola (@ a whole foods in las vegas for $14.99).

It's possible you could find it, there were at least 5 bottles between the two stores at about 3 today.
post #3104 of 7371
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg View Post
It's possible you could find it, there were at least 5 bottles between the two stores at about 3 today.

Thanks. I would ask my distributor friend to buy some of the Blushing Monk for me... but I had him order 3 cases of Devil Dancer for his store and it hasn't sold at all. So he is pretty pissed off at me.

I will try my luck at lunch time. If they don't have Blushing Monk, i am sure they will have some other stuff. Maybe I will get more of the Solar Eclipse.
post #3105 of 7371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Did anybody get me one? Can anybody get me one?

patience.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Beer Thread