or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Beer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beer Thread - Page 77

post #1141 of 7074
i'd definitely be interested for sure. i'll let you know how many i come up with this week.
post #1142 of 7074
i don't think i'm going this week, but my friend definitely is. he is buying some for himself and is going to pick up 2 cases for me. 8 more 6 packs.
post #1143 of 7074
this is damn good, imo. i was never really a huge IPA fan, but i enjoy this one. tooch, i looked up that goose island and i'm definitely interested in trading. shipping probably wouldn't be too bad. chicago to detroit and vice versa. goose island can't be found in the metro detroit.
post #1144 of 7074
Speaking of Goose Island, is their Nut Brown ale still available? I remember it being delicious but havent seen it in a long, long time.
post #1145 of 7074
I re-had Hop Stoopid the other night, and was a bit underwhelmed. Needed a little more malt. Was a bit too light.
post #1146 of 7074
Living in Wisconsin I have access to a good variety of micro brews, so usually I am drinking something local. If I had to pick one that can be found almost anywhere in the states I would have to pick Grolsch.
post #1147 of 7074
Goose Island no longer makes Nut Brown unfortunately.

I'd love to trade for the Bourbon County Vanilla but I'm in Chicago too so I doubt I have anything you can't get lol! When is Binny's supposed to be getting it in?

I was just up at the New Glarus brewery and have a couple bottles of their brewery only R&D Golden Ale Belgium. Man what a beautiful brewery!
post #1148 of 7074
Hard to peg a favorite, but I recently had -- on tap for the first time (have enjoyed this by the bottle often) -- Dogfish Head 90 Min. IPA.

Exceptional. Very clean lines, 5 gallon keg. Perfect expression of what this beer can be. It's excellent in the bottle, but this was stunning in a carefully managed bar.
post #1149 of 7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
this is damn good, imo. i was never really a huge IPA fan, but i enjoy this one.


tooch, i looked up that goose island and i'm definitely interested in trading. shipping probably wouldn't be too bad. chicago to detroit and vice versa. goose island can't be found in the metro detroit.

i just shipped 4-bombers and 4-12oz bottles and a 1-16oz can to NYC last week for something like $17, i've never paid more than $20 at UPS. i just re-use boxes and packaging materials, i should have the case of vanilla either at the end of this week or early next week. i am really looking for a couple bottles of KBS and i am willing to give up a 4-pack of Founders Harvest Ale, 1-12oz bottle of New Glarus Moon Man and 1-500ml bottle of New Glarus R&D Two Women Lager. i also have some heavy hitters that could help sweeten the pot..

they don't produce Nut Brown anymore, i've seen it at the brewpub from time to time just like their oatmeal stout, but it's no longer a mass produced beer.
post #1150 of 7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_5 View Post
Speaking of Goose Island, is their Nut Brown ale still available? I remember it being delicious but havent seen it in a long, long time.

That is my hands down favorite Brown ale... Since moving to CA, they don't carry it in the is state... I haven't had it in years but always ask around if anyone can get it... nobody can.
post #1151 of 7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post
i just shipped 4-bombers and 4-12oz bottles and a 1-16oz can to NYC last week for something like $17, i've never paid more than $20 at UPS. i just re-use boxes and packaging materials, i should have the case of vanilla either at the end of this week or early next week. i am really looking for a couple bottles of KBS and i am willing to give up a 4-pack of Founders Harvest Ale, 1-12oz bottle of New Glarus Moon Man and 1-500ml bottle of New Glarus R&D Two Women Lager. i also have some heavy hitters that could help sweeten the pot..

they don't produce Nut Brown anymore, i've seen it at the brewpub from time to time just like their oatmeal stout, but it's no longer a mass produced beer.

what's the full name of this. i can try to find it around here if you think they distribute to MI.
post #1152 of 7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
what's the full name of this. i can try to find it around here if you think they distribute to MI.

Kentucky Breakfast Stout, good luck finding it though. Super small batches and usually comes out in the spring
post #1153 of 7074
oh yeah. i've seen that before but never tried it. hmmm it might be tough, but i know a store where if somebody has it, it's that store.
post #1154 of 7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
oh yeah. i've seen that before but never tried it. hmmm it might be tough, but i know a store where if somebody has it, it's that store.

If they have it buy all of it. Worth every penny.
post #1155 of 7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
Kentucky Breakfast Stout, good luck finding it though. Super small batches and usually comes out in the spring

It comes out in March every year and since Founders is in Michigan, he should have no problem finding it next Spring when it comes out. The batches aren't as small as you'd think, I know several places here in Chicago that have 3-4 cases they sit on and occasionally release every couple of months or so. I am just looking for 2 more bottles to sit on, I've had plenty of KBS, but if can find some I'd definitely send him some of my better vintage or rare stuff.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The Official Beer Thread