or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: ART INSPIRED - Ending 7/5/2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FRIDAY CHALLENGE: ART INSPIRED - Ending 7/5/2014 - Page 5

Poll Results: Who best captured the essence of their inspiration?

Poll expired: Jul 7, 2014 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 13% (15)
    Claghorn
  • 23% (27)
    GMMcL
  • 45% (51)
    EFV
  • 16% (19)
    Thin White Duke
  • 6% (7)
    Monkeyface
  • 3% (4)
    Roycru
  • 5% (6)
    Cleav
  • 1% (2)
    Calypso
  • 4% (5)
    Holdfast
  • 46% (53)
    In Stitches
  • 3% (4)
    luv2bereformed
113 Total Votes  
post #61 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Listen, the voices. I. Pengiun. I am Penguin. Gum, who has gum? Zebra stripes. Pnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngunnnnnnnn. Buggrit. tin foil tin goil goil oil IRAQ! They know. They know. They won't tell you because they know. Stealing my left socks. I know. the sevens. the sevens. one two three seven. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER NUMBERS!? Pooped my pants. Bears won't eat me now.

You alright there buddy?

post #62 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Not sure what that means exactly, but I think that I just showed a lot of range in those two fits. Lets focus on that, and my execution, not my mental stability, or lack thereof. Kthnx!


smile.gif

 

Very impressive! You have my vote, not only because Kramer is my favourite TV character, but also because you participated in a challenge you hated and managed to post 2 amazing entries!

post #63 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

You alright there buddy?

laugh.gif

your ability to put that together leads me to believe that perhaps you are the one in need of the ankle monitor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Very impressive! You have my vote, not only because Kramer is my favourite TV character, but also because you participated in a challenge you hated and managed to post 2 amazing entries!

awe, snap! thanks, MF. much appreciated. <3
post #64 of 117
Also, any hate that I expressed towards this challenge was horribly misguided. It is truly an excellent idea. Mad props to Claghorn.
post #65 of 117
So much WIN Stitchy!!
post #66 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post




Joseph Wright of Derby, Derbyshire, England

Slim pants, here we go again.
post #67 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

So much WIN Stitchy!!

cheers.gif

thanks, buddy!
post #68 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

You'll get my vote if you wear those socks and shorts as well :nest: 

 

Hahahaha! I don't have socks like that. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post


This would make a great pocket square.

 

Now that you say it, it will. :nodding:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

Betel, if you post a fit with Day of the Dead make up, I will rig the poll so that you win.

 

Edit: I said that as a joke, but I think I might be serious

 

Ahhhh... I didn't read this on time. I would have taken a full pic. :lol:

 

So, I didn't have time to really plan what colors to use and I wanted to use another jacket. Then the sun came out a ruined the weather, it was hot hot hot! So I have to go light. And since I only have one true summer jacket - and you all know which one it is, on Tuesday, as a birthday present I will buy another jacket - I'm hesitant to upload my fit. :( 

 

I did wore chealseas. 

post #69 of 117

Hi guys. This really feels like a sub-par entry to me, but I wanted to participate because I think this is a really neat idea and there is quite a dearth of entries. I had trouble with the lighting today, please forgive me.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #70 of 117

Stitchy's entry is definitely the most fun one, but EFV's is just too good to not win

post #71 of 117
Had to go EFV. Great challenge, clags!
post #72 of 117

EFV's is the best combination of inspiration and style IMHO. I enjoyed both Stitches' though.

post #73 of 117

I would vote for anybody who could make a successful interpretation/impersonation of Rauschenberg's "Monogram".

post #74 of 117

Everything here is thumb-worthy, but from a purely aesthetic point of view the one I get the most pleasure from is GMMcL’s.   It’s doesn’t just draw from the color palette of the original—it responds to the geometry and composition of the original in a way that renders the beautifully composed photo of the fit itself a derivative work of art.  The two go together as an organic pair.

 

Again, kudos to Claghorn for thinking of this challenge.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #75 of 117
Clags, GMM, EFV, Stitchy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: ART INSPIRED - Ending 7/5/2014