Count me in as another Zaino fan. I have a silver car and use Z-2 Pro. The Z-PC polish is one of the best out there. Zaino lasts the longest of any sealant I have tried and looks a lot better than NXT or Wolfgang.
1. The key to a liquid wet look is a level clearcoat surface before the sealant or wax is applied.
2. Microfiber towels are a great investment as is detailing "clay" which removes surface contaminants. www.pakshak.com
is the best imho.
3. Never use Windex for windows. It's the square toed shoe of the window cleaning world. I use a product from Germany called 1Z and a good "waffle weave" microfiber.
4. Start the process with a good soap like P21S or Zaino Z-7. Invest in a good quality sheepskin mitt.
5. Use Eagle One All Wheel & Tire to clean your wheels and tires.
6. Generally speaking boutique products perform better that what you see in auto parts stores but Mother's makes some good stuff. Meguiars is the Polo of the detailing world. Big marketing budget but mediocre quality.
7. Never use terry towels; they scratch.