or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help With Suits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help With Suits

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hi,

 

I have been a longtime lurker and have finally decided to join.

 

Please excuse my newbie introduction but I am in dire need of help from forum members.

 

I have been searching for a nice suit for a long time and have came across nothing.

 

I started at the outlets and ever since been to a whole spectrum of stores like Zara, Brooks Brothers, J Crew, Klein Upstein, Boss, Zegna, Varvatos, Gucci,Theory, Nordstrom.

 

It seems like all the brand name stores have very nice finishes/fabrics but the fit or price isn't right.

 

I have also looked into getting a bespoke suit, however, I can never find a nice fabric.

 

On a side note, I was thinking about locating the fabrics of these companies and providing a tailor with them to make the suit. I searched but only found one or two suggestions that had bad reviews. (Britex and Czar)

 

I would like to have a full canvass or at least half canvass with little shoulder padding (more natural shoulders) and slim trousers.

 

Can anyone here please help guide me?

 

I am trying to keep it under 1k.

post #2 of 7
Search and read

There's a start for you.

http://www.styleforum.net/atype/5/Styleforum_101
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Search and read

There's a start for you.

http://www.styleforum.net/atype/5/Styleforum_101


thanks are you referring to the links which say "what kind of suit should i buy". "what should I wear to an interview" etc?

 

I have already read those

post #4 of 7
That will guide you but some of the negatives you use:

" a nice suit for a long time and have came across nothing."

"but the fit or price isn't right."

"getting a bespoke suit, however, I can never find a nice fabric."

suggest that you have no clue what you are doing and need a guide to at least get you to buy a suit.


Think about your excuses and what it says about your ways.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2 View Post
 

...I have also looked into getting a bespoke suit, however, I can never find a nice fabric.

 

 

Huh?:tinfoil:

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2 View Post

Hi,

I have been a longtime lurker and have finally decided to join.

Please excuse my newbie introduction but I am in dire need of help from forum members.

I have been searching for a nice suit for a long time and have came across nothing.

I started at the outlets and ever since been to a whole spectrum of stores like Zara, Brooks Brothers, J Crew, Klein Upstein, Boss, Zegna, Varvatos, Gucci,Theory, Nordstrom.

It seems like all the brand name stores have very nice finishes/fabrics but the fit or price isn't right.

I have also looked into getting a bespoke suit, however, I can never find a nice fabric.

On a side note, I was thinking about locating the fabrics of these companies and providing a tailor with them to make the suit. I searched but only found one or two suggestions that had bad reviews. (Britex and Czar)

I would like to have a full canvass or at least half canvass with little shoulder padding (more natural shoulders) and slim trousers.

Can anyone here please help guide me?

I am trying to keep it under 1k.

It is rare that you can walk into a store and find a suit OTR that will fit perfectly. One often has to get it tailored to get the proper fit.
Someone once said that "finding a good tailor is as important as finding a good doctor."
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

That will guide you but some of the negatives you use:

" a nice suit for a long time and have came across nothing."

"but the fit or price isn't right."

"getting a bespoke suit, however, I can never find a nice fabric."

suggest that you have no clue what you are doing and need a guide to at least get you to buy a suit.


Think about your excuses and what it says about your ways.

 

What I meant was if I find a suit I like, either the price is too expensive (2k) or the fit isn't right (on the shoulders, the area where people say not to tailor)

 

Going to bespoke tailors suggested on this site and online, I can't find a nice fabric. They seem cheap to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balfour View Post
 

Huh?:tinfoil:

I can't find a nice fabric at a bespoke tailor within my price range

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post


It is rare that you can walk into a store and find a suit OTR that will fit perfectly. One often has to get it tailored to get the proper fit.
Someone once said that "finding a good tailor is as important as finding a good doctor."

 

thanks for all your replies

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help With Suits