Related Forum Threads
- PITTI UOMO 86: THE REPEATS Last post on 10/28/14 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- MISMO BAGS AT PITTI UOMO 85 AND 86: EMBRACE YOUR INNER DANE Last post on 9/22/14 at 5:02pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HESCHUNG SHOEMAKERS AT PITTI UOMO 86 Last post on 10/2/14 at 11:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Guest Nation: South Korea at Pitti Uomo 86. Last post on 9/7/14 at 5:43am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
Last edited: 1/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS - Page 2post #16 of 286/22/14 at 7:40pmThanks, I was asking about Antonio on the right. I like the relaxed white cotton unconstructed look. I recall seeing pics of him in the same or similar suit last summer. I find washed white cotton very comfortable and attractive for warm summer days. I've worn white cotton jeans in spring and summer since the 60's .
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 286/22/14 at 8:16pmYes he has used the same jacket prior and has framed on the shop the pic of that NYC photographer. I can call him tomorrow and ask if he has your size.
White cotton and/or linen.is an all time classic that lately is not very used, sadly. My fav is ivory as i am too pale and white doesn't looks so good on me.post #18 of 286/22/14 at 9:23pmi am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.
So you like this:
I agree. Timeless style.post #19 of 286/22/14 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by comrade
i am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.
So you like this:
I agree. Timeless style.
The first has very wide sleeves but on that age was ok, the second likes me more.
The DB jacket of Cagney on Angels with dirty faces of the 30's is simply perfect and even for todays standart is slim fitted etc. I remember talking with the boss of a tailoring house with shops on NYC about that film, as the prior night was emited on a local tv, telling that most american tailors, those old perfect ones, literally docens of thousands were sicilian and he told me all learnt in Naples. I didn't know it.
Fritz Lang american cinema noire movies, that was real class and top tailoring. I wish to learn some day to do a suit like that. Glenn Ford, etc. the golden age simply.
Edited by SartodiNapoli - 6/22/14 at 10:09pmpost #20 of 286/22/14 at 10:33pmpost #21 of 286/23/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by comrade
Probably the best bespoke tailor in New York is Nino Corvato, originally from
Sicily. Unfortunatley, I am not a client.
Interesting, also the fact a garmrnt than in Sicilu might cost low, on NYC sure might cost more than a car.
Got any picture of his style?post #22 of 286/23/14 at 8:24amThread Starterpost #23 of 286/23/14 at 8:24amThread Starterpost #24 of 286/23/14 at 1:15pmpost #25 of 286/23/14 at 6:43pmpost #26 of 286/23/14 at 8:56pmpost #27 of 286/23/14 at 10:47pmQuote:
His most famous client, talk show star David Letterman:
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/533dcc98eab8ea775b0c7561-480/david-letterman.jpg ( on the right)
Edited by comrade - 6/23/14 at 11:01pmpost #28 of 287/3/14 at 10:29am
- PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS
Styleforum Top Picks
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
Currently, there are 1453 Active Users (357 Members and 1096 Guests)
- › Viberg Boots 13 seconds ago
- › Boris Bidjan Saberi | SS14 | Bamba1-F277 1 minute ago
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 2 minutes ago
- › Boris Bidjan Saberi | FW14 | P13T-F177PL 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Boris Bidjan Saberi | FW14 | Zipper2-F099 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Boris Bidjan Saberi | SS15 | TS1-F013 5 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - VOTE NOW 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan