Related Forum Threads
- PITTI UOMO 86: THE REPEATS Last post on 10/28/14 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- MISMO BAGS AT PITTI UOMO 85 AND 86: EMBRACE YOUR INNER DANE Last post on 9/22/14 at 5:02pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HESCHUNG SHOEMAKERS AT PITTI UOMO 86 Last post on 10/2/14 at 11:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Guest Nation: South Korea at Pitti Uomo 86. Last post on 9/7/14 at 5:43am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
Last edited: 1/9/15
- David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's WeirdestLast edited: 5/30/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS - Page 2post #16 of 286/22/14 at 7:40pmThanks, I was asking about Antonio on the right. I like the relaxed white cotton unconstructed look. I recall seeing pics of him in the same or similar suit last summer. I find washed white cotton very comfortable and attractive for warm summer days. I've worn white cotton jeans in spring and summer since the 60's .post #17 of 286/22/14 at 8:16pmYes he has used the same jacket prior and has framed on the shop the pic of that NYC photographer. I can call him tomorrow and ask if he has your size.
White cotton and/or linen.is an all time classic that lately is not very used, sadly. My fav is ivory as i am too pale and white doesn't looks so good on me.post #18 of 286/22/14 at 9:23pmi am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.
So you like this:
I agree. Timeless style.post #19 of 286/22/14 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by comrade
i am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.
So you like this:
I agree. Timeless style.
The first has very wide sleeves but on that age was ok, the second likes me more.
The DB jacket of Cagney on Angels with dirty faces of the 30's is simply perfect and even for todays standart is slim fitted etc. I remember talking with the boss of a tailoring house with shops on NYC about that film, as the prior night was emited on a local tv, telling that most american tailors, those old perfect ones, literally docens of thousands were sicilian and he told me all learnt in Naples. I didn't know it.
Fritz Lang american cinema noire movies, that was real class and top tailoring. I wish to learn some day to do a suit like that. Glenn Ford, etc. the golden age simply.
Edited by SartodiNapoli - 6/22/14 at 10:09pmpost #20 of 286/22/14 at 10:33pmpost #21 of 286/23/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by comrade
Probably the best bespoke tailor in New York is Nino Corvato, originally from
Sicily. Unfortunatley, I am not a client.
Interesting, also the fact a garmrnt than in Sicilu might cost low, on NYC sure might cost more than a car.
Got any picture of his style?post #22 of 286/23/14 at 8:24amThread Starterpost #23 of 286/23/14 at 8:24amThread Starterpost #24 of 286/23/14 at 1:15pmpost #25 of 286/23/14 at 6:43pmpost #26 of 286/23/14 at 8:56pmpost #27 of 286/23/14 at 10:47pmQuote:
His most famous client, talk show star David Letterman:
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/533dcc98eab8ea775b0c7561-480/david-letterman.jpg ( on the right)
Edited by comrade - 6/23/14 at 11:01pmpost #28 of 287/3/14 at 10:29am
- David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's Weirdest
Currently, there are 893 Active Users (117 Members and 776 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 19 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 20 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 29 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 33 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 40 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 47 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding