Related Forum Threads
- PITTI UOMO 86: THE REPEATS Last post on 10/28/14 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- MISMO BAGS AT PITTI UOMO 85 AND 86: EMBRACE YOUR INNER DANE Last post on 9/22/14 at 5:02pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HESCHUNG SHOEMAKERS AT PITTI UOMO 86 Last post on 10/2/14 at 11:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Guest Nation: South Korea at Pitti Uomo 86. Last post on 9/7/14 at 5:43am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
Last edited: 1/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS - Page 2post #16 of 286/22/14 at 7:40pmThanks, I was asking about Antonio on the right. I like the relaxed white cotton unconstructed look. I recall seeing pics of him in the same or similar suit last summer. I find washed white cotton very comfortable and attractive for warm summer days. I've worn white cotton jeans in spring and summer since the 60's .
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 286/22/14 at 8:16pmYes he has used the same jacket prior and has framed on the shop the pic of that NYC photographer. I can call him tomorrow and ask if he has your size.
White cotton and/or linen.is an all time classic that lately is not very used, sadly. My fav is ivory as i am too pale and white doesn't looks so good on me.post #18 of 286/22/14 at 9:23pmi am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.
So you like this:
I agree. Timeless style.post #19 of 286/22/14 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by comrade
i am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.
So you like this:
I agree. Timeless style.
The first has very wide sleeves but on that age was ok, the second likes me more.
The DB jacket of Cagney on Angels with dirty faces of the 30's is simply perfect and even for todays standart is slim fitted etc. I remember talking with the boss of a tailoring house with shops on NYC about that film, as the prior night was emited on a local tv, telling that most american tailors, those old perfect ones, literally docens of thousands were sicilian and he told me all learnt in Naples. I didn't know it.
Fritz Lang american cinema noire movies, that was real class and top tailoring. I wish to learn some day to do a suit like that. Glenn Ford, etc. the golden age simply.
Edited by SartodiNapoli - 6/22/14 at 10:09pmpost #20 of 286/22/14 at 10:33pmpost #21 of 286/23/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by comrade
Probably the best bespoke tailor in New York is Nino Corvato, originally from
Sicily. Unfortunatley, I am not a client.
Interesting, also the fact a garmrnt than in Sicilu might cost low, on NYC sure might cost more than a car.
Got any picture of his style?post #22 of 286/23/14 at 8:24amThread Starterpost #23 of 286/23/14 at 8:24amThread Starterpost #24 of 286/23/14 at 1:15pmpost #25 of 286/23/14 at 6:43pmpost #26 of 286/23/14 at 8:56pmpost #27 of 286/23/14 at 10:47pmQuote:
His most famous client, talk show star David Letterman:
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/533dcc98eab8ea775b0c7561-480/david-letterman.jpg ( on the right)
Edited by comrade - 6/23/14 at 11:01pmpost #28 of 287/3/14 at 10:29am
- PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
Currently, there are 975 Active Users (167 Members and 808 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 23 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 24 minutes ago
- › http://premiumpureforskolinrev.com/forskolin-fit-pro/ 26 minutes ago
- › What boots are these? 29 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...