Related Forum Threads
- PITTI UOMO 86: THE REPEATS Last post on 10/28/14 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- MISMO BAGS AT PITTI UOMO 85 AND 86: EMBRACE YOUR INNER DANE Last post on 9/22/14 at 5:02pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HESCHUNG SHOEMAKERS AT PITTI UOMO 86 Last post on 10/2/14 at 11:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Guest Nation: South Korea at Pitti Uomo 86. Last post on 9/7/14 at 5:43am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of United Arrows: a Japanese...
Last edited: 1/9/15
- David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's WeirdestLast edited: 5/30/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS - Page 2post #16 of 286/22/14 at 7:40pmThanks, I was asking about Antonio on the right. I like the relaxed white cotton unconstructed look. I recall seeing pics of him in the same or similar suit last summer. I find washed white cotton very comfortable and attractive for warm summer days. I've worn white cotton jeans in spring and summer since the 60's .
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 286/22/14 at 8:16pmYes he has used the same jacket prior and has framed on the shop the pic of that NYC photographer. I can call him tomorrow and ask if he has your size.
White cotton and/or linen.is an all time classic that lately is not very used, sadly. My fav is ivory as i am too pale and white doesn't looks so good on me.post #18 of 286/22/14 at 9:23pmi am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.
So you like this:
I agree. Timeless style.post #19 of 286/22/14 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by comrade
i am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.
So you like this:
I agree. Timeless style.
The first has very wide sleeves but on that age was ok, the second likes me more.
The DB jacket of Cagney on Angels with dirty faces of the 30's is simply perfect and even for todays standart is slim fitted etc. I remember talking with the boss of a tailoring house with shops on NYC about that film, as the prior night was emited on a local tv, telling that most american tailors, those old perfect ones, literally docens of thousands were sicilian and he told me all learnt in Naples. I didn't know it.
Fritz Lang american cinema noire movies, that was real class and top tailoring. I wish to learn some day to do a suit like that. Glenn Ford, etc. the golden age simply.
Edited by SartodiNapoli - 6/22/14 at 10:09pmpost #20 of 286/22/14 at 10:33pmpost #21 of 286/23/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by comrade
Probably the best bespoke tailor in New York is Nino Corvato, originally from
Sicily. Unfortunatley, I am not a client.
Interesting, also the fact a garmrnt than in Sicilu might cost low, on NYC sure might cost more than a car.
Got any picture of his style?post #22 of 286/23/14 at 8:24amThread Starterpost #23 of 286/23/14 at 8:24amThread Starterpost #24 of 286/23/14 at 1:15pmpost #25 of 286/23/14 at 6:43pmpost #26 of 286/23/14 at 8:56pmpost #27 of 286/23/14 at 10:47pmQuote:
His most famous client, talk show star David Letterman:
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/533dcc98eab8ea775b0c7561-480/david-letterman.jpg ( on the right)
Edited by comrade - 6/23/14 at 11:01pmpost #28 of 287/3/14 at 10:29am
- PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS
- David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's Weirdest
Currently, there are 1666 Active Users (397 Members and 1269 Guests)
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 11 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth