or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS - Page 2

post #16 of 28
Thanks, I was asking about Antonio on the right. I like the relaxed white cotton unconstructed look. I recall seeing pics of him in the same or similar suit last summer. I find washed white cotton very comfortable and attractive for warm summer days. I've worn white cotton jeans in spring and summer since the 60's .
post #17 of 28
Yes he has used the same jacket prior and has framed on the shop the pic of that NYC photographer. I can call him tomorrow and ask if he has your size.


White cotton and/or linen.is an all time classic that lately is not very used, sadly. My fav is ivory as i am too pale and white doesn't looks so good on me.
post #18 of 28
i am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.

So you like this:

http://waxwanedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/vds7.png (1955)

and this:

http://burusi.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/lavventura-7.jpg (1960)

I agree. Timeless style.
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

i am an orthodox of classic dressing who lives on 1950s and disslike fashion and all what i consider is a profanation of classic style as sadly is Pitti omho. Specially Summer edition that makes me sick.

So you like this:

http://waxwanedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/vds7.png (1955)

and this:

http://burusi.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/lavventura-7.jpg (1960)

I agree. Timeless style.

The first has very wide sleeves but on that age was ok, the second likes me more.

The DB jacket of Cagney on Angels with dirty faces of the 30's is simply perfect and even for todays standart is slim fitted etc. I remember talking with the boss of a tailoring house with shops on NYC about that film, as the prior night was emited on a local tv, telling that most american tailors, those old perfect ones, literally docens of thousands were sicilian and he told me all learnt in Naples. I didn't know it.

Fritz Lang american cinema noire movies, that was real class and top tailoring. I wish to learn some day to do a suit like that. Glenn Ford, etc. the golden age simply.
Edited by SartodiNapoli - 6/22/14 at 10:09pm
post #20 of 28
Probably the best bespoke tailor in New York is Nino Corvato, originally from
Sicily. Unfortunatley, I am not a client.

http://www.franklinreport.com/ReportCard.aspx?v=11614
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Probably the best bespoke tailor in New York is Nino Corvato, originally from
Sicily. Unfortunatley, I am not a client.

http://www.franklinreport.com/ReportCard.aspx?v=11614

Interesting, also the fact a garmrnt than in Sicilu might cost low, on NYC sure might cost more than a car.

Got any picture of his style?
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

baudelaire baudelaire baudelaire
jack daniels jack daniels jack daniels

I'm meeeeltiiiing!
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post
 
 

CZuzn2al.jpg

 

I'm trying to understand how my left foot is showing up here on the right side but I can't quite figure out how (or rather why) it is so...:confused:

post #25 of 28
subbed
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

I'm trying to understand how my left foot is showing up here on the right side but I can't quite figure out how (or rather why) it is so...:confused:

You are doing that three musketeers thing that they do before poking at each other with wobbly swords.

post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SartodiNapoli View Post

Interesting, also the fact a garmrnt than in Sicilu might cost low, on NYC sure might cost more than a car.

Got any picture of his style?


http://ninocorvato.com/

His most famous client, talk show star David Letterman:

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/533dcc98eab8ea775b0c7561-480/david-letterman.jpg ( on the right)

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/091027/Late-Night/DAVID-LETTERMAN_l.jpg

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/files/2010/03/david-letterman-late-night-cult.jpg

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/02/on-david-lettermans-30-years-of-late-nights.html
Edited by comrade - 6/23/14 at 11:01pm
post #28 of 28
Hi

I have seen Letterman this days on Italian tv on replays of May and the suits looked as your links, English wide rtw look nor South Italian that are soft, slim and fit as an scuplture.

Why a sicilian is doing a 1994 English cut?

best
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › PITTI UOMO 86, DAY 3: SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS