or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I need advice on how to snag a lady.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need advice on how to snag a lady. - Page 5

post #61 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
From personal experience, I can say that it is completely possible, at least with some women. I made the mistake of doing the whole "I know you don't like me, but I have a huge crush on you" thing once, in high school, and it was an unmitigated disaster. You are basically gelding yourself right in front of her.
I agree that was a mistake. But now it's done and cannot be undone. My point is that if after that lame-ass SMS love declaration, she is interested in spending time 1x1 with him, then it's actually a good sign (she may actually be into him). Girls who are trying to fend off guys they're not interested in generally do not request to spend some time with them.
post #62 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
Why?

Are you seriously asking why it's not a good idea to text message someone that you want to f*ck her when you're trying to get to a first date? This may be perfect gay club backroom protocol but in Conne's case it's as terrible as it gets
post #63 of 292
Back in my yoot, I found that "so, do you wanna go have sex" was sometimes the best approach and sometimes not. It should not be written off altogether.
post #64 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Back in my yoot, I found that "so, do you wanna go have sex" was sometimes the best approach and sometimes not. It should not be written off altogether.

That was the good old times but we're not in the 70's anymore Matt...
post #65 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
These threads are so painful, yet I always subscribe.

That's why you subscribe.
post #66 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
I agree that was a mistake. But now it's done and cannot be undone. My point is that if after that lame-ass SMS love declaration, she is interested in spending time 1x1 with him, then it's actually a good sign (she may actually be into him). Girls who are trying to fend off guys they're not interested in generally do not request to spend some time with them.

Not necessarily--if they're already friends and she's decided he's not at all a sexual "threat", then she might still feel perfectly comfortable hanging out one on one. I'm not saying there's no chance, I'm saying that Conne needs to be very careful before getting his hopes up on the basis of her wanting to spend time with him, alone or not. She could, for example, pity him a little, or find it sort of "cute", etc etc. Or she could be into him. But it's not really a sign one way or the other, yet. If she is interested, it will probably be fairly obvious once they meet, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
That's why you subscribe.

I know. Like slowing down as you pass a horrible car wreck, or picking at a scab....
post #67 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
Not necessarily--if they're already friends and she's decided he's not at all a sexual "threat", then she might still feel perfectly comfortable hanging out one on one. I'm not saying there's no chance, I'm saying that Conne needs to be very careful before getting his hopes up on the basis of her wanting to spend time with him, alone or not. She could, for example, pity him a little, or find it sort of "cute", etc etc. Or she could be into him. But it's not really a sign one way or the other, yet. If she is interested, it will probably be fairly obvious once they meet, though.
Or she could just use him to stroke her ego, while teasing him for months by accepting his affection and making him think he has a chance. As much I want to root for the guy, I think there is a 60% chance of this being the case. I saw this happen to more than one friend in high school on multiple occasions. Either way, I don't see how he can hang out with this chick tonight with alcohol involved, and not take it strong to the hoop (this thread needed a good sports metaphor). If he doesn't, it makes it all too apparent that she can keep hanging out with him without any threat of him doing anything, and then he's (more) fucked.
post #68 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
Or she could just use him to stroke her ego, while teasing him for months by accepting his affection and making him think he has a chance.

I was trying to give the girl the benefit of the doubt, but I agree, that's a distinct possibility.
post #69 of 292
Thread Starter 
OK, so I'm going to her house tonight for a wee party. I'm going to make a move. Fuck protocol!
post #70 of 292
Don't go in with a loaded cannon, wear your sexiest underwear. Oh yea, don't forget the Acqua di Gio. Douse yourself in that crap.
post #71 of 292
Be absolutely agreeable.
post #72 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
Don't go in with a loaded cannon, wear your sexiest underwear.

Will she really like the Calvin Klein thong?
post #73 of 292
Things I've learned on this thread: "Gelding" is the word of the day on Sauce's calendar.

I like the idea of the collective date. Connemara should wear an earpiece for instructions.
post #74 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by slycedbred View Post
That chick has a boyfriend? Lol...so? Make her want to not be with him.

It all comes down to you need to get your act together. What's your approach? Personally, I stick to short, witty lines and let my body do the rest of the talking...My friend on the other hand is a charasmatic motherfucker that'll act so incredibly gay that he's straight again and somehow land a girl every time...The friend zone is a great place to be as long as there's sexual tension at all times...If there's no sexual tension then there's no real point to even be friends...If there's no sexual tension then where is the attraction in the first place?

I hate to say it, but this is pretty much the view I had when I was single.


Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
I will go against the grain and say, Conne don't sweat it. Just be your damn self and somebody will come along and like you the way you are- or at least more than 50% of the way you are, and you'll live happily ever damn after.

But sometimes, you gotta fight, for your right, to snag a lady! (especially the hot ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
(1) no need to ask her on a date. If you hang out with her one on one tonight, then it is a date
(2) why would you get sloshed? That's stupid. You should stay in control and let her get drunk (only if she wants to, of course...)

+1...
post #75 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
I like the idea of the collective date. Connemara should wear an earpiece for instructions.

I'm tempted to try it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I need advice on how to snag a lady.