or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I need advice on how to snag a lady.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need advice on how to snag a lady.

post #1 of 292
Thread Starter 
As some of you read in last night's "this is how we roll" post, I'm having problems with a particular gal.

We've been friends on and off since high school. We sort of lost touch during our first year at university, but when this summer rolled around we started hanging out all the time. I never thought of her as much more than a good friend until a week or two ago. Something triggered this explosion of adoration towards her, and she's been on my mind constantly.

Last night, as I made my way home in a drunken stupor, I gave into peer pressure from a few friends who said I should really tell her how I feel. I did. The text message (lame, yeah, whatever) went like this:

"I've fought with myself over whether to send this or not, but i feel i should just do so...(corny shit redacted)...i have a crush on you. and I realize you don't feel the same way, which is fine. I just needed to tell you and get this off of my chest."

Her response:

"Awww Michael I never knew you felt that way! that is so sweet, you know i love you! why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Me:

"I've been too nervous to say anything."

Her:

"haha it's ok! I didn't think I was your type at all"


Obviously, it wasn't the response I was looking for. It did nothing but make me drink more and punch shit.

The biggest thing in all of this is some fat piece of lard that she has a crush on. She was texting him all night, and when we are all heading out around 3:30 AM she said she was going to pick her brother up. This was a blatant lie because I know he hit the bars in Albany last night. I texted her, "I think I know where you're going...billy's right?" and she goes "Hehe, maybeeee *wink*." I almost threw my phone out the window.

I always seem to get into these conundrums. What do I need to do to win this girl over? Is it a lost cause?

I shall now steel myself for the coming onslaught from my wonderful comrades at SF.
post #2 of 292

....


Edited by tiecollector - 12/24/11 at 5:11pm
post #3 of 292
Honestly, the answer to this question is the same answer that you get to every other question that you post: stop being such a pussy.

If you like a girl, ask her out. Period.

And never say: "I realize that you don't feel the same way." This seriously shows an off-putting lack of self-confidence. If you want something, you have to go after it and not be such a pussy about it. That's the bottom line man, and it applies in all areas of life.
post #4 of 292
Honestly, give this one up and go bark up a different tree. Even if you land a bone on this girl, you're only her second choice. Plenty of fish in the sea, as they say. If you think she's "the one," that's just something you're going to have to get over. The fact that she lied to you is telling.
post #5 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
"haha it's ok! I didn't think I was your type at all"
Looks like all that time spent pretending to be gay in order to cop a feel wasn't such a good idea after all. As odoreater said, just ask her out and go from there.
post #6 of 292
Thread Starter 
I like these Seduction School videos, but I don't have any issues with approaching and talking to random women. That's always been my greatest (only?) strength. I guess I have to try the date option.
post #7 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
I like these Seduction School videos, but I don't have any issues with approaching and talking to random women. That's always been my greatest (only?) strength.

I guess I have to try the date option.

You don't seem to be doing the S.O.I. (statement of intent), which if I remember correctly, is the most important part. If you don't adequately have an S.O.I., then you are going to be put on the friend ladder, which is your problem.
post #8 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
You don't seem to be doing the S.O.I. (statement of intent), which if I remember correctly, is the most important part. If you don't adequately have an S.O.I., then you are going to be put on the friend ladder, which is your problem.

Does "I wanna fuck your brains out" qualify as an S.O.I.?
post #9 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Does "I wanna fuck your brains out" qualify as an S.O.I.?

Judging by her text where she effectively said "I didn't know you felt that way," I somehow doubt that you communicated clearly your desire to skullfuck.
post #10 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD View Post
Judging by her text where she effectively said "I didn't know you felt that way," I somehow doubt that you communicated clearly your desire to skullfuck.

Indeed. Well, we'll just have to change that.
post #11 of 292
i'm sure you understand this, but texting something like that is lame unless you've already established some sort of relationship beyond friends. If you like a girl, ASK HER OUT. And the girl is pretty much a bitch for basically rubbing it in that she was gonna go out with some other dude right after you told her you liked her. Stop hanging out with this chick.
post #12 of 292
I looked at the title of this thread and thought it said, "I need advice on how to shag a lady," and I thought to myself, "We already knew that."
post #13 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
i'm sure you understand this, but texting something like that is lame unless you've already established some sort of relationship beyond friends. If you like a girl, ASK HER OUT. And the girl is pretty much a bitch for basically rubbing it in that she was gonna go out with some other dude right after you told her you liked her. Stop hanging out with this chick.

It happened before I confessed my adoration.
post #14 of 292
Don't do this-



for starters. You just had to fix the damn lamp. She is GRABBING YOUR ASS. The lamp should not have been a priority for you.

JB
post #15 of 292
_______________ this one girl ____________ = hopeless.

Sorry to be brutal about it but the only chance you'll get this girl is if she sees you (not you tell her about) DATING other girls with the clear impression that you are sleeping with them. And you can't be doing that just to try to get "this one girl", that doesn't work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I need advice on how to snag a lady.