or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Shipment of Santoni FAMs now here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shipment of Santoni FAMs now here - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Some beautiful shoes. I need a 10.5 (11) however.

The problem with distracting the significant other with a purse is the fact that the purses costs twice .. or three.. or more.. times as much as the shoes.
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
Some beautiful shoes. I need a 10.5 (11) however.

The problem with distracting the significant other with a purse is the fact that the purses costs twice .. or three.. or more.. times as much as the shoes.

No problem. She gets a purse, you get three pairs of shoes.
post #18 of 25
In theory, that logic is great. I cannot afford, however, the praxis.
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
In theory, that logic is great. I cannot afford, however, the praxis.

So skip the purse.
post #20 of 25
Thread Starter 
david chu suit r
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe View Post
it is like this: santoni lines fam and above usually run a half size too large. however, it is technically a US size labeled on the shoe. but just running half size too large.
kind of like gucci or prada labeling their US size on the shoes but they are known to run a size or two too large. like tramezza running half size too small.

but to just play it simply, you can see them as UK sizing ,
so if you are a 10.5 D, you have to get a 10 in santoni
Still confused. You have two pairs of shoes--one you've described as 8.5 (9 D US) and the other as 9 (9.5D US). Are you saying that one is labeled in the shoe as 8.5 (Santoni), but you would regard it as equivalent to a 9 US? And the other is marked in the shoe 9, but you would see it as equivalent to a 9.5 US? Or...are you saying that we should take your 9D and 9.5D US as one-half size smaller than they really are?
post #22 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Still confused. You have two pairs of shoes--one you've described as 8.5 (9 D US) and the other as 9 (9.5D US). Are you saying that one is labeled in the shoe as 8.5 (Santoni), but you would regard it as equivalent to a 9 US? And the other is marked in the shoe 9, but you would see it as equivalent to a 9.5 US? Or...are you saying that we should take your 9D and 9.5D US as one-half size smaller than they really are?

yes, your first point is what i mean.

they are LABELLED 8.5 .

but
they wear like a 9 D US.


santoni FAM is known to run a half size too large.
post #23 of 25
Roger: Your first description is correct.

I wear almost an 11D. If I bought a FAM marked "US11D" it would be too big. My FAM is marked "10D". This is the only size marked in the shoe, and since it is made for the American market, you presume it is marked a "US" size. For mere convenience, you can think of it as a UK size as Dior suggested.

Your second description is reversed, you take whatever marked size Dior tells you and assume it fits at least 1/2 (maybe close to one full size) too big.

Edit: Dior beat me to it by a second.
post #24 of 25
Roger, going by our common shoes, I would say that an 8.5 in FAM would be appropriate for you. 9 in FAM would be roomy but still wearable.
post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 
fam semibrogue antique brown in size 9D DISPLAY

price reduced from $599 to $559 shipped thanks.

please see the first post for photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: B&S Archive
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Shipment of Santoni FAMs now here