or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Gaydar
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaydar - Page 5

post #61 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
So I guess Kenneth Cole is really positioning the brand for the future.



Jon.
post #62 of 180
Perhaps I am being simple-minded, but I don't comprehend this business about "gay uncles" being an advantage to genetic perpetuation. I should imagine that few if any heterosexual people would be favorably influenced in their choice of mates by the fact that their prospective mate had a gay sibling!
post #63 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharlika View Post
Homosexuality exists even in the animal kingdom. What's the big deal?
So does cancer..... I have nothing against queers but it certainly shouldn't be presented as something that is normal. There is no way in hell it is normal, though it may occur in nature. I haven't done much research, mainly because I don't care, but it seems to me that true gayness is the result of some sort of hormonal imbalance in the womb. I think a lot of chicks, in particular, pretend to be gay due to some sort of trauma. As far as gaydar, it is hard to tell sometimes. Lots of tough guys like it in the pooper and aren't all flamers. Flamers are the ones that irk me, they are so annoying to be around more than 5 minutes. Just the opinion of an arrogant breeder.
post #64 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
So does cancer.....


I have nothing against queers but it certainly shouldn't be presented as something that is normal. There is no way in hell it is normal, though it may occur in nature. I haven't done much research, mainly because I don't care, but it seems to me that true gayness is the result of some sort of hormonal imbalance in the womb. I think a lot of chicks, in particular, pretend to be gay due to some sort of trauma.

As far as gaydar, it is hard to tell sometimes. Lots of tough guys like it in the pooper and aren't all flamers. Flamers are the ones that irk me, they are so annoying to be around more than 5 minutes.

Just the opinion of an arrogant breeder.

. . .
post #65 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
If you have nothing against gay people, then your reference to them as "queers" reflects a conscious, carefully chosen choice to be an offensive dickhead for no good reason?

I honestly thought that "queers" was the new in vogue term.
post #66 of 180
I thought "queer" was offensive too... but turns out queer can mean somebody who is not gay, bi, straight... just "confused" or curious. It's sort of a catch-all for people who aren't 100% straight as an arrow. But I'm with LD on this one. TC, did you word your post in a way to purposely come off like a dick, or was it just natural?
post #67 of 180
Then I'll change to it "gays" if that is less offensive. Sorry, I'm out of the homosexual circle.
post #68 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post
Perhaps I am being simple-minded, but I don't comprehend this business about "gay uncles" being an advantage to genetic perpetuation. I should imagine that few if any heterosexual people would be favorably influenced in their choice of mates by the fact that their prospective mate had a gay sibling!

that is just one argument as to the possible genetic benifits of homosexuality - basically the idea is that if you have 5 siblings, and one of them doesn't breed, you have an additional adult working to help feed and take care of the kids.

I read about this idea in an article that discussed reasons why some family unit in the animal world seem to be set up like this.
post #69 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque View Post
I thought "queer" was offensive too... but turns out queer can mean somebody who is not gay, bi, straight... just "confused" or curious. It's sort of a catch-all for people who aren't 100% straight as an arrow.

But I'm with LD on this one. TC, did you word your post in a way to purposely come off like a dick, or was it just natural?

I just must be queer.
post #70 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
I honestly thought that "queers" was the new in vogue term.

Fair enough. Apologies if my comment was unwarranted.
post #71 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque View Post
I thought "queer" was offensive too... but turns out queer can mean somebody who is not gay, bi, straight... just "confused" or curious. It's sort of a catch-all for people who aren't 100% straight as an arrow.

But I'm with LD on this one. TC, did you word your post in a way to purposely come off like a dick, or was it just natural?

I think it's all about content and intent. We could have a lengthy "why is it ok for Chris Rock to say that and not for me" type of discussion, but it's been done ad nauseum.
post #72 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
I think it's all about content and intent. We could have a lengthy "why is it ok for Chris Rock to say that and not for me" type of discussion, but it's been done ad nauseum.

I just saw a lot of loaded words... flamer, pooper, gayness and it felt that queer was used in a derogatory manner and not in a innocent "it's what they call themselves, right?" way.
post #73 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
I just must be queer.

I think you're queer-er (is that a word?) then a french horn.
post #74 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque View Post
I just saw a lot of loaded words... flamer, pooper, gayness and it felt that queer was used in a derogatory manner and not in a innocent "it's what they call themselves, right?" way.

You guys are too easy. I'm an equal inflammator on this forum, everyone is fair game.


Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I think you're queer-er (is that a word?) then a french horn.

That's a good query.
post #75 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
You guys are too easy.

Shucks, I'll bet you say that to all the boys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Gaydar