or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Gaydar
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaydar - Page 9

post #121 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant View Post
Female sexual orientation is believed to be more variable.

That I agree with.
post #122 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Sorry, I totally disagree and this isn't some stupid machoism from my side. I can honestly say that I have never been attracted to men. Neither emotionally nor physically. There is no non-relative male that I "love". I have many male friends, some from the homosexual side of the ledger and I can't ever recall feeling especially close to any of them, like I would for a female that I loved. I've never been "curious" with other men. I have no issues showing affection to male friends but there is no sexual attraction. Yes, obviously there are people that go both ways, but in my experience that is the exception, not the rule. Maybe in France, the men are different but I like to think that I know my friends well and other than the gay ones, none of them have slept with other men.

Um, kind working overtime here, ed, to make a point, aren't you? Like maybe protesting too much?
post #123 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
Um, kind working overtime here, ed, to make a point, aren't you? Like maybe protesting too much?


Yes, I am


It was just the notion of "no one only likes men or only women" that got me going. I'll be quiet now lest I arouse Conne's (or maybe yours??) passion.
post #124 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Maybe in France, the men are different but I like to think that I know my friends well and other than the gay ones, none of them have slept with other men.
I have made what I believe was a rather clear difference between one's desires and whether or not you choose to act on them. I know plenty of men who claim they have no homosexual desires at all. I believe them up to a point. I believe them when they tell me they have never slept with a man. Heck, that's my case too.

But I also believe that most of them, if given no other choice, would still rather sleep with a man than go without sex for 20 years. Prisons give ample proof of that. That does not make them gay, that does not make them "bisexual" in the sense "swing both ways strictly 50/50 and equally susceptible to fall in love with a man or a woman". But, in my book that still means that their disgust towards sex with a man only goes so far and if they are not 50/50 they are certainly 90/10 or something like that.
post #125 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Human beings are social animals, and individuals have highly specialized roles, so the question is probably better phrased as "Has homosexuality ever contributed to the survival of a coherent society?" The answer to that is probably yes. Non-procreating adults have greater freedom to fill support roles in societies when procreating adults are otherwise occupied.

Aside from support roles, there happens to be evidence that female relatives of gay men have extra fecundity. But image consultants really shouldn't be discussing things outside the area of expertise.
post #126 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Sorry, I totally disagree and this isn't some stupid machoism from my side. I can honestly say that I have never been attracted to men. Neither emotionally nor physically. There is no non-relative male that I "love". I have many male friends, some from the homosexual side of the ledger and I can't ever recall feeling especially close to any of them, like I would for a female that I loved. I've never been "curious" with other men. I have no issues showing affection to male friends but there is no sexual attraction. Yes, obviously there are people that go both ways, but in my experience that is the exception, not the rule. Maybe in France, the men are different but I like to think that I know my friends well and other than the gay ones, none of them have slept with other men.
I think a lot of men are naturally curious, and women even more so. It's no mystery that a whole lot of women like being naked together, making out, and shit like that. There's surely a group of men who wouldn't mind getting a quickie at the truck stop while the bebop is hip-hoppin' the chop shop (read: kronik, Bitchdorf Fagwill).
post #127 of 180
Who posted that tag? JB
post #128 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Sorry, I totally disagree and this isn't some stupid machoism from my side. I can honestly say that I have never been attracted to men. Neither emotionally nor physically. There is no non-relative male that I "love". I have many male friends, some from the homosexual side of the ledger and I can't ever recall feeling especially close to any of them, like I would for a female that I loved. I've never been "curious" with other men. I have no issues showing affection to male friends but there is no sexual attraction. Yes, obviously there are people that go both ways, but in my experience that is the exception, not the rule. Maybe in France, the men are different but I like to think that I know my friends well and other than the gay ones, none of them have slept with other men.
I agree with this. No offense to anybody who happens to be gay, but the idea of a mans body or parts is revolting to me. That does not mean that I can't determine whether a man is attractive, just like I can do so with art or a car, but the idea of attraction or, even worse, contact is repulsive.

The idea of love is tricky. I don't happen to have anybody outside of my family that I "love", but I suppose others might.
post #129 of 180
[quote=amerikajinda;588401]I'll suggest that to him -- it's a great idea to volunteer for meals-on-wheels or some such so he can meet good people in the lgbt community.



Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I agree with this. No offense to anybody who happens to be gay, but the idea of a mans body or parts is revolting to me. That does not mean that I can't determine whether a man is attractive, just like I can do so with art or a car, but the idea of attraction or, even worse, contact is repulsive.

The idea of love is tricky. I don't happen to have anybody outside of my family that I "love", but I suppose others might.


No offence to both of you, but what you said smack of homophobia. Would you find the below questionable if used in different context, e.g.

Hey, perhaps I should go volunteer at the Red Cross so I can meet some good people in the straight community.

And no offence to anyone who happens to be Asian or black or of a certain race (for the sake of argument), but the idea of ..... is revolting to me. That does not mean that I can't determine whether an Asian or whoever is attractive, just like I can do so with art or a car, but the idea of attraction or even worse, contact with an Asian , etc is repulsive.
post #130 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
No offence to both of you, but what you said smack of homophobia. Would you find the below questionable if used in different context, e.g. Hey, perhaps I should go volunteer at the Red Cross so I can meet some good people in the straight community. And no offence to anyone who happens to be Asian or black or of a certain race (for the sake of argument), but the idea of ..... is revolting to me. That does not mean that I can't determine whether an Asian or whoever is attractive, just like I can do so with art or a car, but the idea of attraction or even worse, contact with an Asian , etc is repulsive.
hardly, I just find the idea of kissing a hairy face or touching a penis to be gross. If it makes it any better, I don't like the idea of penises of any race, creed or religion. I didn't say gay sex was revolting, simply the idea of me involved in it. FWIW, I really have no love for feet, male or female, armpits or belly buttons never mind overly hairy beavers. I can't speak for Amerikajinda, but I would guess that it would be hard to find somebody much less homophobic than I am. It just aint for me.
post #131 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
No offence to both of you, but what you said smack of homophobia. Would you find the below questionable if used in different context, e.g.

Hey, perhaps I should go volunteer at the Red Cross so I can meet some good people in the straight community.

And no offence to anyone who happens to be Asian or black or of a certain race (for the sake of argument), but the idea of ..... is revolting to me. That does not mean that I can't determine whether an Asian or whoever is attractive, just like I can do so with art or a car, but the idea of attraction or even worse, contact with an Asian , etc is repulsive.
Wait a second, how is it an act of "homophobia" to state that gay sexual acts are revolting or gross? Personally, I find the idea of putting a penis in my mouth extremely disgusting but I would never vote for a law to pass that would take that activity away from someone that should choose to do it (God bless em). That, however, doesn't make it any less revolting.
post #132 of 180
What iamatt feels about penises, I feel about vaginas, and children.
post #133 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface View Post
What iamatt feels about penises, I feel about vaginas, and children.
exactly, and that makes you no more hetero-phobic than it does me homophobic.
post #134 of 180
[quote=iammatt;589975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
hardly, I just find the idea of kissing a hairy face or touching a penis to be gross. If it makes it any better, I don't like the idea of penises of any race, creed or religion. I didn't say gay sex was revolting, simply the idea of me involved in it. FWIW, I really have no love for feet, male or female, armpits or belly buttons never mind overly hairy beavers.

I can't speak for Amerikajinda, but I would guess that it would be hard to find somebody much less homophobic than I am. It just aint for me.

hey - that wasn't my quote that was quoted under my name.... that was the other guy's!
post #135 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Wait a second, how is it an act of "homophobia" to state that gay sexual acts are revolting or gross? Personally, I find the idea of putting a penis in my mouth extremely disgusting but I would never vote for a law to pass that would take that activity away from someone that should choose to do it (God bless em). That, however, doesn't make it any less revolting.

My bad - if I misinterpreted what iammatt and/or amerikajinda said. Sorry, not trying to pick a fight.

But I feel our society in general is more readily to express certain negative views involving glbt than vs other groups. I'm sure there are some who find sex with people of certain race or age, etc revolting but I bet a lot of them would be more hesitant to come out and say something about it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Gaydar